Votes: 58 56.3%
  • No

Votes: 16 15.5%
  • Sometimes

Votes: 16 15.5%
  • Don’t care

Votes: 13 12.6%

• Total voters
Really? That’s well north of what I would have guessed.
On the Full Swing doc weren’t they saying that Dahmen made way less than that or something? Maybe I’m misremembering though.

Really? That’s well north of what I would have guessed.
I guess the average annual endorsement contract for the 125 current Tour card holders is $5 million. For example, Keegan Bradley annual endorsement contracts bring him $15 million.

It depends on the tour, and the format they use.

I think due to the number of weekly players the PGAT has, (140+/-) cuts are needed. If not cuts, then Monday/Tuesday qualifiers with the top 50 qualifiers joining those top 35 exempt players in the weekly tournaments.

I think as the LIV tour gets bigger, they will need to go with cuts. That, or break their membership down into more groups who play in different parts of the world, at the same time. Then a best of the best from those different groups, playing each other in an end of season tournament.

I think as the LIV tour gets bigger, they will need to go with cuts. That, or break their membership down into more groups who play in different parts of the world, at the same time. Then a best of the best from those different groups, playing each other in an end of season tournament.
I doubt that LIV will be around in 3 years if they don’t merge with the PGA Tour. As is LIV is not financially viable. The Saudis could fund the tour forever but at some point someone will get bored and cut the purse strings.

I honestly don’t believe that LIV was anything other than an attempt to destabilize the pga tour and get into a deal with golf’s establishment.

No, Not really. I am always curious to see who misses the cut but other than that I don't care.

I think they shouldn't have a cut and make the guy who is +28 endure the pain of finishing out 2 more rounds.

Just like tournaments with an elimination structure, the cut is a mechanism to ensure only the best players are playing in the last day. I think it’s fairly important.

Drama for Friday viewing is the only compelling reason for them that I’ve read so far.

Speedier weekend play could be, but it’s still slow I don’t think it moves the needle.

Everything else just seems inertia from status quo

With cuts, there is more to play for and adds pressure.

I do not. It's not like they're showing the bottom guys on TV anyways... Unless they make a HIO or it's tiger. And they're not making the rounds any slower. The only time it's definitely nice to have a cut is so that all the contenders are playing the same course on the final day when there are multiple courses involved..

Having too many players on the weekend would make getting the rounds in especially in cases of rain delays difficult. Many tournaments have players going off both nines to try and get everyone done in time. Players going off different nines on Sunday? The purpose of the event is to determine the best player that week. Going into the final round, what’s the point of having players out there 20 strokes behind who have zero chance of winning?

I kind of like the way it is presently. Give me cuts in 60% of the tournaments or so and then not cuts in designated or World Golf style events. (or in future years, LIV events?!)

Yes. Makes Friday interesting sometimes, depending on who’s straddling the cut line.

I think cuts are important. I do think that golfers should get a few thousand for a missed cut though. They are part of the entertainment that bring people to the course. Enough to break even for a missed cut but not make a living.
Don’t all players get $500k from the tour?

I like a cut and watching Friday for who makes or missed the weekend play.

Don’t all players get $500k from the tour?

They do but I think that was new this year. And it's something weird like maybe it counts against earnings so if you win more than $500k you don't actually get that $500k?

For how the pgat is constructed yes. It adds the pressure for the player to perform

I like cuts but just the top 60 is too restrictive. They used to include anyone within 10 strokes of the lead. I've seen players win from that far back. They should not be cut

Yes. For me at least it makes those early rounds as important as the last rounds.

Any player who has earned a current Tour card is making a minimum of $2 million annual from endorsement contracts.

I believe that estimate is high. I have heard for a low end guy it is more in the 250-500K range. This was from a 100-150 on tour guy that I have known since he was young.

Of course, it's a big part of the game that should never end, without a cut an event is just an exhibition.

Pro golf is all about playing under pressure. Not only does a cut add to it but it makes it easier to determine the winner on Sunday despite issues with weather.

Absolutely yes. I think it gives guys something to play for. Knowing you could be going home Friday if you don't play well adds something to it in my opinon

Back