Do You Have a Stamping Set Up?

Space Bandito

Baguette
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
2 Children
I have been organizing the last few days and decided to snap a pic of my stamping table. Mine is tucked away in a corner of my garage, but it seems quite a bit of use.

I know @Jman is into it. @JB has that super cool, but totally unnecessary Mitchell jig (yes, I would take it for free, too 😊)

Who else has an at home set up? Do you stamp anything more than wedges?

IMG_20200419_160735.jpg

cool. got any vids of you stamping? i'd like to see the process...

Assumption of free.
And you of all people saying something is unnecessary is hysterical to me.

That’s an impressive setup! No stamping gear for me... yet!

Lol. You told me they gave it to you in another thread a while back!

Me? I'm simple. I need nothing ;)

They did, sort of. When you work with great brands and acquire enough, they were happy to include that.

Awesome setup @Space Bandito. You doing any stamping on the side for THPers?

That is one hell of a set up....Personally I don't get it. But then again I use a wool sock as my driver head cover.

I do and I still suck at it. It's the one area of my shop that I need to upgrade. My woodworking bench is awesome except for stamping - too much bounce even with the vice.

:drinks::female-fighter::welcome::drinks:

That's nice! I've got some stamps somewhere in my shed... I saw them the other day but can't remember where...:ROFLMAO:

cool. got any vids of you stamping? i'd like to see the process...
Videos, no. But I did make this how to page back when I used to sell stamping and paint fill kits on my site.

I used to sell the paint pens with the kits because they were convenient and mess free, but ultimately the quality of paint isn't very good and I don't recommend them.

Videos, no. But I did make this how to page back when I used to sell stamping and paint fill kits on my site.

I used to sell the paint pens with the kits because they were convenient and mess free, but ultimately the quality of paint isn't very good and I don't recommend them.

I imagine some types of clubs are easier to stamp than others?

I imagine some types of clubs are easier to stamp than others?
Not really. I mean, certain grades of metals are harder than others, but once you get the hang of what you're doing, you can make a deep impression in just about anything. Large stamps are more difficult to mark as they require more material displacement. In those cases, you may require a few strikes to get it deep enough. The trick is to get a solid impression on the first hit, that way if you need to go back for some clean up or deepening you can align the stamp properly.

I use the same size anvil. With some double sided tape it’s all I need.

But I would LOVE the Mitchell jig after using it.

I’m going to get a set of stamps one day to play around with. @JB do you have a THP logo stamp yet?

Mine is similar to yours, at home I have the small anvil, at my shop at work, I use the plate on a vice. I am looking into a magnetic block to hold the head a little better.

I have stamped sets of irons, usually just initials on those, but have gotten much more elaborate on wedges.

Mine is similar to yours, at home I have the small anvil, at my shop at work, I use the plate on a vice. I am looking into a magnetic block to hold the head a little better.

I have stamped sets of irons, usually just initials on those, but have gotten much more elaborate on wedges.

If you find a way to acquire or build a legit magnetic block, let me know!

Impressive set of stamps! I've never tried it though the thought has crossed my mind on occasion

Happy to say that I just ordered my first set of stamps! Another hobby/project for the winter!

Back