Do you practice putt on previous/just completed hole?

Do you practice putt on the just completed hole?

• Yes.

Votes: 18 13.5%
  • No.

Votes: 31 23.3%
  • Oh yeah, I need it!

Votes: 4 3.0%
  • No, it's rude.

Votes: 2 1.5%
  • As long as it doesn't slow play, sure.

Votes: 94 70.7%
  • That's cheating (it's not)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • We're allowed to do that?

Votes: 5 3.8%

• Total voters
I don't. No need to get in my head.

Like, get frustrated?
No, not frustrated. I am a very technical person in everything I do in life. In golf this tends to make me play much worse when I start thinking about technical things. I play much better when I am loose and not thinking about anything swing related. I purposely don't take extra putts to not invoke any technical thoughts and thus eroding my confidence in my round.

No, not frustrated. I am a very technical person in everything I do in life. In golf this tends to make me play much worse when I start thinking about technical things. I play much better when I am loose and not thinking about anything swing related. I purposely don't take extra putts to not invoke any technical thoughts and thus eroding my confidence in my round.
Oh, okay. I totally get some of that as more of a feel guy.

I don't warm up/practice much though, so sometimes if I can somewhere in the first few holes it helps me get a better feel for my stroke and the greens. Not really anything technical except the break. Just finding the rhythm.

If it is slow and nobody is behind them yes I do practice putt so there is less time waiting.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

If it is slow and nobody is behind them yes I do practice putt so there is less time waiting.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Same. If there's no one behind me I'll run an extra putt or two from various spots to work on my green reading.

Only if there is no one behind me.
I did this last week playing as a single and caught up to another group in front. I stayed back and rolled a few extra putts so it didn’t appear as I was pushing them. They had a good pace so it was a benefit to get some practice in.

If I am walking...which is often....and I'm playing solo....40% of rounds 2021....and I have determined I won't be playing thru the folks ahead....and no one is behind encroaching....I will putt and chip to fill the time. Also may play 2 or 3 balls...

Back