Do you talk trash on the golf course?

In my main group it is not only encouraged but I think it's a requirement. They aren't called the d*******s for nothing.:ROFLMAO:

@H8tobogie came out and played one day where it was mild trash talking. After the round all the groups hangout and drink beer while settling up and continue to rag on each other. He can attest that they are a pretty fun group to play with though.

I don't talk trash.. Usually I just inquire if they want to go camping

Last edited:
I'm a trash talker, on and off the course. I talked trash continually one year I was marshalling at a US Open that Sergio said to me as he walked past "no wukin furries, mate". (He noticed my Aussie accent and had picked up on some of our sayings from his Aussie caddy, Glen Murray). I received so many invitations to parties, it was embarrassing.

In my main group it is not only encouraged but I think it's a requirement. They aren't called the d*******s for nothing.:ROFLMAO:

@H8tobogie came out and played one day where it was mild trash talking. After the round all the groups hangout and drink beer while settling up and continue to rag on each other. He can attest that they are a pretty fun group to play with though.
Fun group!

I really don't. When others are giving it, I do like it though, it's fun stuff.

I didn't even do it during football. Wasn't my style. I just tried to hit the loudest talkers even harder. THAT was fun for me.

Same in golf. I guess I'm more a trash gesturer. When someone's been flappin' and I drop a bird on them, I might innocently raise my eyebrows and shrug my shoulders as if to say, "I didn't mean it." But what I'm really saying is, "I can't help it that you suck."

Nah, I like to remain quiet during a round

If I do, it’s not serious at all.

Very rarely, I tend to focus more on my own game.

Trash talk? Not overtly but I add some snyde comments in and expect the same back.

Favorite is a "hate to see it" or "just a bit outside"

Only about myself.

I start in the parking lot, and I don’t stop for the entire round. Some of it isn’t trash talk, though. Sometimes it’s just a stream-of-consciousness ramble. I do like to talk gear as well.

Nope. I still believe that golf is a gentleman's game... ladies welcome.
No trash talking in the groups I play in.

Really depends on who I'm with and the mood they are in. Usually it take a couple holes before I start to congratulate them on their shot selection!! Goes both ways though, I expect the same in return.

Nope, not my style.

Buddies and I were talking about this, with one mentioning I'd never really talked any trash to him. I told him that's because he's never started any. Conclusion was that I'm perfectly content to not engage like that, just don't get the opportunity very often. People tend to throw stones in my general hdcp direction, playfully or otherwise. It's good practice for when I play with the wife though. She's downright savage. :LOL:

Thinking from a different thread, I have a goal of upping my game on the trash talk while playing golf.

Some people are just not accustomed to trash talking among friends/groups.

I get it.

Pull the stick out of your butt.

I let my game do all the talking for my mouth.

Talked a little trash yesterday once the guy I was playing with wanted to play $5 a hole. Not to mention he was getting a stroke per hole and playing up a tee box up from me.

I have a YouTube golf channel called Knucklehead Golf. Yep, we trash talk each other.

*Only* with my close friends, we all get a good laugh out messing with each other.
For the most part we encourage one another.

Sent from my SM-N981U using Tapatalk

I am not a huge trash talker, just go about my business. Will praise on good shots and give some grief on poor shots but it is mostly stating facts

Back