Just met Larry... Holy Mountain Dew Mouth Batman!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It's nuts eh and that type of thing is everywhere.

Watch "Lost tapes" documentaries. Very good stuff here. No narrative, just actual film footage with radio and tv commentary from that era. The LA riots episode gave me chicken skin.

It's nuts eh and that type of thing is everywhere.

Makes you want to give up sugar for good...

Dax

Makes you want to give up sugar for good...

Dax

I'm very close it's tough to eliminate it completely. It's hidden everywhere. You really have to understand labels. I like how they talk about low fat food is substituted with sugar so your better off eating the real thing and not low fat.

That Sugar Film- Is an interesting look at the hidden sugar epidemic, imagine Super Size Me but with hidden sugar.

It's entertaining, I'm going to finish this Sugar is Satan trifecta with Sugar Coated on Nexflix.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

That Sugar Film- Is an interesting look at the hidden sugar epidemic, imagine Super Size Me but with hidden sugar.

It's entertaining, I'm going to finish this Sugar is Satan trifecta with Sugar Coated on Nexflix.

Fed Up is one you definitely have to watch if you havent.
Its better than those about sugar honestly.

Fed Up is one you definitely have to watch if you havent.
Its better than those about sugar honestly.

Ok it's up next... Before Sugar Coated.

GG and I watched one called the Cocaine Cowboys a little while back that we loved. It was so interesting about Miami in the 80s.

That's a good one. I'm pretty sire there is a part 2 as well.

Last edited:
I haven't watched a ton of documentaries, but I loved all of the ESPN 30 for 30 series that I've seen. I'm a sports junkie and they are really well done.

I like those too. The "A football life" on the NFL network is pretty good too.

Last edited:
Blackish on Netflix was pretty good. It's about whales in captivity.

Another few iv enjoyed over the years, the jinx lives and deaths of Robert durst, gaslands, freakonomics, untold history or the united States, oj made in america, whole Attenborough series check out planet earth 2 I'll add any more I think off

Sent from my MI 5 using Tapatalk

My wife got me watching The Keepers on Netflix last night. Documentary on a murder of a nun and the catholic church cover up. First episode was slow, but then it kept really grabbing your attention.

My wife got me watching The Keepers on Netflix last night. Documentary on a murder of a nun and the catholic church cover up. First episode was slow, but then it kept really grabbing your attention.

some friends recommended this to us. i like to watch messed up stuff as much as the next person, but it was too much for me. my wife hated it but had to finish it to find out what happens.

some friends recommended this to us. i like to watch messed up stuff as much as the next person, but it was too much for me. my wife hated it but had to finish it to find out what happens.

Interesting. We still have two episodes to go. I don't typically get into this stuff, but its been keeping my attention.

Sent from my SM-G935R4 using Tapatalk

We started it after enjoying the making of a murderer or whatever it was called. Loved that one. First episode of Keepers was REALLY boring though.

We started it after enjoying the making of a murderer or whatever it was called. Loved that one. First episode of Keepers was REALLY boring though.

It really is. We almost stopped watching it all together because of the first episode, but her brother told us to stick with it. Hopefully we can finish it tonight.

making a murderer was about the travesty of the legal system. the actual story, while interesting, was secondary.

the keepers is about depravity and subjugation and collusion and absolute power. but the toll it takes on the people involved was too much for me to spend/waste my time.

I took a break from the "what you are eating is killing you" kick that I've been on... and watched 2 last night on Hulu that I really liked:

Batman & Bill
Becoming Bond

Both very good.

I love mountain climbing documentaries - I am fascinated by the motivations and the drive of folks who thrive is such high risk situations.

My favorite among them is Touching the Void. Amazing story and well film of that story.

making a murderer was about the travesty of the legal system. the actual story, while interesting, was secondary.

the keepers is about depravity and subjugation and collusion and absolute power. but the toll it takes on the people involved was too much for me to spend/waste my time.

Correct. Although I would argue that making a murderer was also about absolute power and collusion in spots.

Still need to watch the Batman cartoon documentary on Hulu. Also the bond one.

Still need to watch the Batman cartoon documentary on Hulu. Also the bond one.

Batman & Bill is about the creation of the Batman mythos, and the fight for creation credit.

Becoming Bond is a look at how George Lazenby was cast and became James Bond, after Sean Connery left the role.

Both really good...

Batman & Bill is about the creation of the Batman mythos, and the fight for creation credit.

Becoming Bond is a look at how George Lazenby was cast and became James Bond, after Sean Connery left the role.

Both really good...

Lazenby found out the hard way carrying the Bond persona off screen is just as important as on the screen.

Showing up to functions looking like a homeless person didn't sit well with Broccoli and Saltzman.

Documentaries

Ok I have finished the trifecta of "Don't Eat Sugar or it will kill you" documentaries. My personal ranking is:

Fed Up
That Sugar Film
Sugarcoated

All I can say is Wow, some of this is on the parents, just because the Hot Pockets package says "Lean", doesn't take away from the fact that it is still Hot Pockets.

Back