Does Phil need Tiger?

LefTe

Living Strong!
Reaction score
Handicap
My Swing
Just a thought but Phil is struggling today after Tiger drops out.

I dont think so. In the last 5 tournaments they have both been in together, it is a onesided mess with Phil dominating Tiger. The fact taht Tiger is still number 1 is fairly absurd. He was himself in glimpses last year over a brief stretch, but its been close to 18 months.

Hasn't Phil said he needs Tiger? Like it boosts his game, gives him more motivation??

Like, this past week I believe he was quoted in saying that.

So?..."Yes"

Posted from my BlackBerry using BerryBlab

Hasn't Phil said he needs Tiger? Like it boosts his game, gives him more motivation??

Like, this past week I believe he was quoted in saying that.

So?..."Yes"

He went on to say that it was not Tiger, it was competition. And that all great golfers thrive on it.

I think Tiger needs butch.
but Phil doesnt need tiger.

there's a lot of folks who agree with that thainer, and i am one of them.

Sean Foley could do alot with Tigers swing aswell. That man is just powerpacked with information on all subjects including golf. He is actually one of my biggest heroes.

sorry...off topic

He went on to say that it was not Tiger, it was competition. And that all great golfers thrive on it.
But at first he said he needed Tiger?

Said Tiger makes him work harder?

No, Phil just needs to just stop with the gimmicks and the circus shots and just play smart golf.

No, Phil just needs to just stop with the gimmicks and the circus shots and just play smart golf.

what exactly do you mean? while agree that phil's course management isn't the best, i'm not sure i'm following you with the gimmick thing.

Phil was out of contention heading into the day. I wouldn't put any stock in now he fared after Tiger withdrew. Naturally the NBC and Golf Channel announcers hyped Phil's opportunity but bottom line he was a massive underdog, trailing 10 guys and 5 shots back of the leader.

Phil needed to get to -11 on Saturday. Even without the bogey on #18 he would have been in bad mathematical shape at -10, but with the closing bogey you could sense he understood the long odds, and was somewhat deflated. I expected a mediocre final round from Phil. It was a bit worse than that.

If Phil needs Tiger for a boost, he better get beyond that in a hurry. Might not happen for a while.

yeah I'm cuirious too what you mean about gimmicks? I'll agree he takes way too many chances at times but gimmicks?

what exactly do you mean? while agree that phil's course management isn't the best, i'm not sure i'm following you with the gimmick thing.

Naturally the NBC and Golf Channel announcers hyped Phil's opportunity but bottom line he was a massive underdog, trailing 10 guys and 5 shots back of the leader.

I noticed this as well. He was on the ninth hole at eight shots back, and they were saying "he needs to make this birdie putt to get into contention." ???

Carrying 2 drivers and a 64* wedge, for example.

The guy just won the Masters, is on the verge of being the #1 golfer in the world, and we are going to 2nd guess his decisions on equipment and call them gimmicky? Im still not sure I know what the problem is with a 64* wedge if it works for someone at that level.

A few years back (a decade or so) people thought it was crazy to carry 4 wedges and now tour pros do it round after round. It is all about playing to gaps and strengths, I dont find that gimmicky at all.

the two drivers i could agree with but not the 64* wedge. the guy's the best wedge player in the last decade.

Did we not forget that he won both tourney's with the 2 drivers in the bag? Personally, I'll carry 3 drivers in my bag if it meant winning a tournament. But hey, to each his own.

Did SuperMan need Lex Luthor, did Batman need Joker. I know that's a little harsh and silly, but it's true, all competing duos need the other.

Re: Does Phil need Tiger?

To answer the original question no. Maybe a better question is does golf STILL need tiger wei?

Sent from my HTC Incredible using Tapatalk

Perhaps the original question was not the correct question. Perhaps the correct question is:

Does golf need Phil and Tiger?

Perhaps the original question was not the correct question. Perhaps the correct question is:

Does golf need Phil and Tiger?

Absolutely.

To answer the original question no. Maybe a better question is does golf STILL need tiger wei?

Sent from my HTC Incredible using Tapatalk

Hold on here.

Tiger Wei?

WTH is that?

Back