Duck Donuts!

I’m the most boring’ist donut eater ever. Plain no-nothing-cake donut.
When I do Dunkin, I usually get 2 "Old Fashions" - Plain No Nothing Cake Donut
Figure it's "Less Bad" than the others.

When I do Dunkin, I usually get 2 "Old Fashions" - Plain No Nothing Cake Donut
Figure it's "Less Bad" than the others.

“Old fashioned and a coffee regula” in my best Boston accent. :LOL:

Nord’s Bakery in Louisville

9BD6524D-FA30-4153-BDE3-01BAA445EFBA.jpegB9099E72-3DE2-4334-B4A5-941D64753860.jpeg

The Goods!!! This dozen today on May 13, 2023 was $11.75, what a value!!

79A3C6D3-DD63-4335-A1CA-4ACD41FAD913.jpeg

You can't run a donut business in Canada without being taken out by the Tim Horton's mafia.

However, Tim Horton's does make a quality donut.

No the worst there is , is a plain Krispy Kreme with NO glaze. ITS horrible tasting.

I never understood all the fuss over Krispy Kreme. Admittedly, we don't get the fresh, still warm ones around here. Just those in the case. I tried one soon after they started showing up and they were nothing special. Heck, there's a little breakfast/lunch restaurant right down the road that makes better.

Normally, I’m not a fan of Wake & Bake donuts. They’re just mediocre donuts with stuff on top. They also make marijuana references with their donuts that people think is just so cool.🙄 But, devil his due, this Tally Me Banana donut was good. Filled with banana pudding, topped with cinnamon sugar icing and candied pecans.

IMG_1597.jpeg

We had a Hurts Donuts open near us.

It's not great. It's a lot. It's aggressive. Not my thing.
Yep reminds me of those ridiculous milkshakes that are all the rage on social media these days. Sometimes less is more.

Yep reminds me of those ridiculous milkshakes that are all the rage on social media these days. Sometimes less is more.
Have you been to the one in Fields Ertel?

I ate a donut and needed to take a nap after it haha

Have you been to the one in Fields Ertel?

I ate a donut and needed to take a nap after it haha
I haven't been in there but we had someone pick them up and bring them to work. I ate half a donut and thought I was going to bounce thru a wall. I've been on limited sugar/sweets in January so I maybe was a bit sensitive to the sugar bomb haha

I haven't been in there but we had someone pick them up and bring them to work. I ate half a donut and thought I was going to bounce thru a wall. I've been on limited sugar/sweets in January so I maybe was a bit sensitive to the sugar bomb haha
you know it's bad when you eat something and start breaking out in sweat lmao

Yeah, just pursuing the site and it looks overdone.

I miss Pops...

That's a bit much for me. My favorite donut is a plain glazed, prefrably hot, from Shipley's. However, the creme brulee donut off the Holtmann's menu did catch my eye.

That's a bit much for me. My favorite donut is a plain glazed, prefrably hot, from Shipley's. However, the creme brulee donut off the Holtmann's menu did catch my eye.
see, that's unfair.

Shipley's is elite. Those who don't know Shipley's don't know what elite is.

And I blame and medium hate @GolferGal for all of this.

wife called herself a Holtmann's purist.

I'm indifferent haha
hmm... maybe I won't share I preferred Pops, although I will admit Holtmann's is really good as well

hmm... maybe I won't share I preferred Pops, although I will admit Holtmann's is really good as well
Pops was solid. I probably preferred it to Holtmann's but never had the heart to turn down a donut no matter where it came from hahahaha

see, that's unfair.

Shipley's is elite. Those who don't know Shipley's don't know what elite is.

And I blame and medium hate @GolferGal for all of this.
Other than having a paper route, working in Shipley's was my first job. And my grandmother lived around the corner from the first Shipley's in my hometown. It was the only donut I knew until college when the introductions to subpar donuts began.

Dunkin and Krispy Kreme? I won't touch them. Poor excuses of pretenders.

Other than having a paper route, working in Shipley's was my first job. And my grandmother lived around the corner from the first Shipley's in my hometown. It was the only donut I knew until college when the introductions to subpar donuts began.

Dunkin and Krispy Kreme? I won't touch them. Poor excuses of pretenders.
I'll agree that Krispy Kreme is awful.

Dunkin though? It'll work in a pinch, considering the alternatives.

Back