DTC Equipment - Do You Use? Have You Even Tried?

Lions81

Reaction score
Handicap
It seems like more and more DTC golf companies are popping up up every day, whether it be in clubs (new level, sub 70) or Balls (Vice, Snell).

Do You Use Them? Have you tried them? Any that you think are better than the big boys or at least as good so worth the savings?

Do we think they have a chance at really taking some substantial market share from the big companies?

Never tried. I kind of feel like if it was worth buying then stores would carry it. Probably not a popular opinion and I am sure some of the stuff is probably decent but just the image to me.

I will admit that I have not bought any, nor even tried them. Will go a step further and say other than a THP'er, I'm not sure I've ever seen any on the course or in people's bags.

I've used both Snell and Ben Hogan equipment and I truly believe they are both some of the best values in golf. Most of those companies I won't try because they have no real engineering behind them but companies like Snell and Hogan actually develop their equipment and you still get it for a great price.

Especially with a company like Ben Hogan where you can test drive their products before buying it makes total sense to give them a shot.

I bought and used Pinemeadows Hybrids that were TW Rescue knockoffs.
I really liked them and used them for a while.

I have a buddy that has a complete set of Warrior Clubs with a Warrior Bag.
He hits them just fine.

I have tried Snell, OnCore, Cut and other DTC golf balls. Snell and OnCore are great balls and Cut does a pretty good job as well. I have an Indi putter that absolutely love and would love to try their wedges.

I've played a Hogan putter the last 2 years, and have been very happy with it.

I've also tried Vice, Snell, and Cut golf balls. All are good balls, especially for the price. I think Snell is my favorite out of that group though. I've played both the Snell Black and X, and have no issues continuing.

Started golfing using the Cut orange due to price and moved onto the Cut Gray. Didn't buy any last season due to loving the QSTs.

Got something from Warrior Golf once, but that was not something I would do again

I've bought OnCore in the past and have an order from Snell being delivered today. I gave Ben Hogan a shot last season, but didn't get along with anything I demo'ed.

I’ve tried a few balls thanks to THP and some Ben Hogan irons at one time a few years back. A couple of the balls were pretty good, the irons weren’t my favorite at the time though

Just the Snell MTB-X which are in the top list of balls that I regularly play. Haven't used any clubs, yet.

Just got some Sub70 irons and hybrids a few weeks ago. Being a high handicapper, I cannot tell a difference in performance between these and let’s say Mizuno (which I tired at my fitting). But I did notice the price difference, almost half the cost for Sub70. Plus customer service is at a whole other level compared to other OEMs.

yup, good value in balls out there. playing vice currently

Got something from Warrior Golf once, but that was not something I would do again
Funny you say that, a friend who obviously doesn’t know me very well gifted me 2 dozen warrior golf balls once haha

Funny you say that, a friend who obviously doesn’t know me very well gifted me 2 dozen warrior golf balls once haha
Take this to the REGIFTING thread !!!! haha

Huge Ben Hogan fan!

@JB - is there info that you are allowed to share on what % of the market these companies have now? In Clubs and Balls?

Snell golf balls...unless you can find a sale on major brands, these are $$. Really like the yellow coloring they use.

@JB - is there info that you are allowed to share on what % of the market these companies have now? In Clubs and Balls?

Its not measurable in market share both because their sales are not counted by Datatech and it wouldn't amount to much.

I currently am not a user of DTC.
The Snell balls I bought, I grabbed in a Pro Shop.
Sub 70 and Ben Hogan intrigue me, but I just am not in a spot right now that I am grabbing new gear.

As a "blind buyer" for many years, I am actually pretty surprised I haven't grabbed anything from a DTC golf company yet.

Ive gamed New Level wedges for a season. I felt they were comparable to the big name brands on the market. I think its good for consumers as gives them another outlet for equipment.

I have used Snell Balls. The MTB is very good and reasonably priced. I usually order a dozen for the year.

The closest I have come to this was when I found a Vice ball on a course and I played it for half a dozen or so holes before donating it to the water

I have considered ordering the tester pack which includes each model to give them a try but have never got round to it yet

Absolutely.

Snell makes a good ball, but, they’ve turned me off in recent times for many reasons.

Using Vice as my winter ball this year.

Had an amazing year with my Hogan’s.

Have played New Level, similar to Snell though they ended up turning me off.

Back