Dustin Johnson and caddie split ways

interlooper

Wishing I was golfing now
Reaction score
Handicap
Just a few short days after Dustin Johnson stated that his caddy's "job is safe" here, DJ decided to split from his caddy.

Of course, it likely need not be noted that this caddy was on the bag during two infamous and frustrating chances to win a major last year and was involved in the incident where DJ nearly missed his tee time at Riviera.

Do you think this was a wise move?

As far as whether or not it is a wise move, I guess that depends on who his next caddy is. If he gets someone with experience and who is assertive, I think it would be good for his game and decision making. He has the skills, he just doesn't always have the complete mental side and decision making.

whats his email, ill caddy? lol

yeah it was his caddy that made him ground his iron in that "bunker" lol

he hasn't been golfing well for the past few months it seems, I'd imagine the split might have something to do with that. Sometimes you feel like you just need some new vibes

he hasn't been golfing well for the past few months it seems, I'd imagine the split might have something to do with that. Sometimes you feel like you just need some new vibes

Hopefully this split works for him. id love to see him win a big tourney

I don't think it was his caddies actions that made him lose 2 majors. He is just a sloppy player in my opinion.

Change is for the best agreed and hopefully "vibes" will pep him up a little bit.

Such a shock, as I read the first article with him stating that his caddy was safe just yesterday. Hopefully this will help him turn it around, after a strong season last year he didn't care any momentum over to this season.

Such a shock, as I read the first article with him stating that his caddy was safe just yesterday. Hopefully this will help him turn it around, after a strong season last year he didn't care any momentum over to this season.

Anyone catch the twin sister comment? I wonder if it has anything to do with his old caddy dating his current girlfirend's twin sister. That could get REALLY weird, especially if they are identical twins.

So yesterday DJ says the caddy is safe and today they split.
This is like deja vu
Remember the Natalie thing?

Is this guy so delusional that he does not remember a thing?

Where do I send my resume i've got student loans to pay for

Something's not right with his game as of late so hopefully someone with more experience on the loop will help him out. He might also need to listen a little less to his caddy. The famous saying amongst caddies is listen to your caddy to much and you'll become a caddy yourself.

I hope his caddy goes on to to loop for someone who can actually win major championships.

I don't think it was his caddies actions that made him lose 2 majors. He is just a sloppy player in my opinion.

Change is for the best agreed and hopefully "vibes" will pep him up a little bit.

Caddies and players need to work together to win. The caddies gotta keep him calm and help him out. if he starts swinging quick and losing focus the caddies gotta let him know and calm him down. he has to tell him to stop being so sloppy. Maybe hes switching it up for someone who he feels will help him do that

This is like deja vu

I don't think I heard of this. What's the story?

Maybe the relationship on course was too personal and not enough business.

maybe it was his caddie he wanted to fight?

I don't think I heard of this. What's the story?
In the latest issue of Golf Magazine DJ said his caddie's job was safe. He seemed rather adamant on that point. In addition, DJ "dated" Natalie Gulbis briefly.

I thought this might happen when he gave him the dreaded "vote of confidence." It's like when an owner says a coach is safe he usually gets fired 2 weeks later.

This is like deja vu

Yeah I'm confused too. I thought his part of the interview was good, had me thinking this guy ain't so bad. Then the next day this, wth?

In the latest issue of Golf Magazine DJ said his caddie's job was safe. He seemed rather adamant on that point. In addition, DJ "dated" Natalie Gulbis briefly.
Ah ok I had read that. It's sounded by JB's post that there was more to it.

I thought this might happen when he gave him the dreaded "vote of confidence." It's like when an owner says a coach is safe he usually gets fired 2 weeks later.

It is the old adage, "you have nothing to worry about, until they say you have nothing to worry about."

Ah ok I had read that. It's sounded by JB's post that there was more to it.

Actually there is a little which makes it tie into this. Natalie announces in an interview that her and DJ are dating. Comes to a tournament to watch him play. The next day he says "we are not dating, and are just friends".

I think that DJ has some memory issues.

Certain substances can have that affect. Just sayin..

Back