Jman

Here for the Conversation
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Handicap
SOFTCAPPED
It has been a whirlwind of change for Edel Golf in the last year, and while big changes can often be reactionary, these have been purely proactive. When Doug Coors (yes, that Coors) purchased the company and an impending move to Colorado was announced, there was some hesitation to just what might happen to all the momentum that the brand had found with EAS putters as well as SMS wedge and iron lineups.

There need not have been any worry, as it was his being blown away at the education potential that Edel held for golfers which spearheaded his desire to acquire the brand. That potential was the focus when they unleashed their R&D teams to take the core of what has made Edel unique and make it even more digestible to more golfer.

Continue reading...

So cool! Nice to see the LH inclusion as well.

A lot to take in here. Almost necessary to be fit into all of their options.

Great write up. I really like the look of this iteration of putters.

It's really neat to see an equipment company not just put so much into their products but to make sure that the consumer is going to be playing the best fitting equipment.

Two things stand out for me with this line of putters from Edel.
1. The look in hand is something I didn't expect and really like. Far more refined.
2. The feel off the putter face is as good as I have felt for a milled putter.
3. The differentiator in the details and having so many options to create a putter for the golfer, while still being able to choose your shape.

The fitting kit is always fun to see all the possibilities, these give a sorta Scotty feel at a glance from address.

This makes me even sadder Edel doesn't have representation here.

Great write up @Jman and it seems that Edel continues to be fully confident to the extent of the fitting process. The F-2 caught my eye immediately as I prefer that shape.

Those look premium. Next time I need to scratch the putter itch an Edel fitting might be the ticket.

@Jman

Shocked Cosmo Kramer GIF

This is AWESOME!!!!!!!!

Great writeup! Some good looking options in there. And that fitting kit, a golf nerds dream, well said! So cool!

@Jman aim bias is a real thing and something many golfers struggle with even if they don’t know it. It’s awesome to see that Edel has kept that from their last line and really doubled down on it. Great to see this being the front and center focal point to build up to the new putter line in your article!

In my journey to understanding my putting stroke and honestly my putting disfunction, there were 3 problems.

1. Addressing the ball in a neutral position
2. Having the proper aim to target (boy this was an eye opener)
3. Delivering the club face square to target line with proper loft at impact.

It appears that Edel is really looking very closely at these 3 things during the fitting process.

1. Hosel and shape
2. Shape and aim aid
3. Hosel, internal weighting and external weighting.

I’m very intrigued by Edel and their philosophy. I truly believe that they are on to something here and it’s not just marketing ad hype.

I’m also very jelly of the Edel fitting case you have. It looks
star wars love GIF by Hyper RPG

Is anyone else’s head spinning a bit? These look so good and there is so much going on. Love the options with the modular build and the fit and finish of it looks really well done.

Any idea if number of fitters is expanding at all?

Is anyone else’s head spinning a bit? These look so good and there is so much going on. Love the options with the modular build and the fit and finish of it looks really well done.

Any idea if number of fitters is expanding at all?
I can say that the fit and finish in hand is really really well done.
As to number of fitters expanding, I believe that will be the case, but right out of the gate, GolfTEC will be on board I believe.

Great article @Jman

A putter fitting with Edel has been at the top of my wishlist for awhile. The new shapes and colorway have pretty much sealed the deal for me now. Somehow, some way it is going to happen this year!!

thinking about it over morning coffee, also really love they went big into mallets as the EAS line is a little more blade focused

A ton of phenomenal information in this great article. Besides the new impressive putter line, the fitting and tendency information really intrigues me. That fitting kit is absolutely to die for!

I can't believe I'm saying this but $399 seems pretty good for this degree of tech. I would never buy it but it is mind blowing how refined this is. Great writing btw. I can feel your excitement in the article.

Eye opening article @Jman ! Love that they will have more fitters now that will be able to understand the fitting process! That box of " laser pointer accoutrements " is amazing!

I’d really like to try the F2-Array

Need to get this fitting. Was not impressed with my CC fitting in 2019

Awesome write up @Jman! Edel has done a great job with the new line of putters. I really like the F1. Having so many options to really dial in your putter is phenomenal. I still have not done an Edel putter fitting and someday plan to try that out.

Back