Not in the very near future. That's why most of us went ahead and submit the orders. Can't wait any longer! Ready to get these in hand. I can always swap out shafts later if I get the urge.

$1750 is awful steep to settle for a shaft so we'll see.

I went with the specs from my last set:

4-GW
standard loft
2 degrees flat
1" short
KBS Max 65g shafts
Golf Pride Tour Velvet Midsize Grips

Can't wait to hit them.

Seriously considering these but the shaft options leave a little to be desired. Any word on if Edel is adding more options to the shaft list?
the issue is supply chain. Koske was talking about this at the Quest Cup and they just aren't putting shafts on the ordering page that they can't reliably get. You can call in and see it they have others, they just don't have enough of them to advertise as stock options

Just spec'd out a set of these. At $1800 I'd want to be fitted to make sure I had everything dialed in properly. I am super intrigued by these though.
Fitting kits are supposed to go out to fitters any time now. I think we're all just too excited to wait. I did go down to golf galaxy and try several shafts in other models of players distance iron before I ordered just to kind of self fit as best I could

I completely understand that.

Fitting kits are supposed to go out to fitters any time now. I think we're all just too excited to wait. I did go down to golf galaxy and try several shafts in other models of players distance iron before I ordered just to kind of self fit as best I could

I have a short list of shafts that I like and/or get away with. I could even go with the KBS Tours, though it has been a while. Maybe when I go to get my putter fitting (it's happening eventually) I'll see if I can get some feedback on the proper weight placement for my wedges and irons from the fitter.

These irons are so freaking intriguing to me, but there is just no way I could justify or rationalize purchasing another set of irons this year.
Oh sure you can. It’s easy.

Valid point. From a consumer standpoint, I get that view, but from a manufacturing end, I can empathize with pulling your hair out trying to get/keep parts in stock so I'm somewhere on the fence on this one. These are strange times still.

I have a short list of shafts that I like and/or get away with. I could even go with the KBS Tours, though it has been a while. Maybe when I go to get my putter fitting (it's happening eventually) I'll see if I can get some feedback on the proper weight placement for my wedges and irons from the fitter.
I've found that finding the place for the weight in wedges has been fairly easy. For me in the center they just felt like any other forged wedge. They were very nice, but when I stated playing with them and moving them around things really started to change. At the Quest cup after the first day, we had a little time to hit them more on the range and chipping green. I was leaving everything a little right so I moved the weight to the heel for the second day. I liked them there and left them for the rest of the event. When I got home and was playing one afternoon I was missing all of my spots on short chips to the left so I moved them to the toe. Wow, all of a sudden everything just felt right. When you get them in the right spot you just know it.

I have my order ready to go. I’m waiting on a reply about a possible shaft option. If that isn’t or does not become available I’ll go steel fiber i95s. I’ve played them in my current gamers got nearly 3 years. 4-GW standard loft lie and length. Stock lie specs on the SMS irons is 1° weaker than my current set. When hitting demos at Quest Cup stock settings worked very well for me. Will be going with MCC plus standard size grips. Was hoping that other shaft might become available. Due to supply chain issues that industry is dealing with I’ll be happy with i95s. Can’t wait to get these in the bag. I’ll be honest the tinkerer in me want to order extra weights of various gram increments so that I can experiment with swing weight and moi adjustments.

It doesn’t take long to find the sweet spot for the weight. I think there is a good chance that my long irons maybe heel position and scoring irons middle.

I've found that finding the place for the weight in wedges has been fairly easy. For me in the center they just felt like any other forged wedge. They were very nice, but when I stated playing with them and moving them around things really started to change. At the Quest cup after the first day, we had a little time to hit them more on the range and chipping green. I was leaving everything a little right so I moved the weight to the heel for the second day. I liked them there and left them for the rest of the event. When I got home and was playing one afternoon I was missing all of my spots on short chips to the left so I moved them to the toe. Wow, all of a sudden everything just felt right. When you get them in the right spot you just know it.
It doesn’t take long to find the sweet spot for the weight. I think there is a good chance that my long irons maybe heel position and scoring irons middle.

I've moved them around a bit in the wedges. The main differences for me are on fuller swings, but I've got one in the heel right now and another in the center. I love the feel of the weight in the toe for touch shots around the green but anything longer than that I was missing most everything to the right.

That's kind of what I'm thinking for myself as well. Really looking forward to seeing how this affects the longer irons as those are the clubs I struggle with the most.

That's kind of what I'm thinking for myself as well. Really looking forward to seeing how this affects the longer irons as those are the clubs I struggle with the most.
I tend to leave long irons slightly open. It a swing flaw. Im trying to remedy that issue. Swing need to be more down and around and not around and down.

These irons are so freaking intriguing to me, but there is just no way I could justify or rationalize purchasing another set of irons this year.
One of those sets is surely underperforming and due for trade in. What else in this life that you find 'so freaking intriguing' would you just walk away from and not have a regret later? :p

One of those sets is surely underperforming and due for trade in. What else in this life that you find 'so freaking intriguing' would you just walk away from and not have a regret later? :p
ha ha. It is hard to justify when I just put my backup set in play this past week and shot my all time best score and then played them again and shot my best score ever on that particular course, with 7 birdies one day and five the other. Now my mind keeps going back and forth as to which set of irons I should play out of those I actually own. My head is spinning.

ha ha. It is hard to justify when I just put my backup set in play this past week and shot my all time best score and then played them again and shot my best score ever on that particular course, with 7 birdies one day and five the other. Now my mind keeps going back and forth as to which set of irons I should play out of those I actually own. My head is spinning.
Jump in head first. Sell both and go full on Edel. 🤣🤣

I myself am going to wait on shafts as long as possible before throwing my order in.

I myself am going to wait on shafts as long as possible before throwing my order in.
I wish we had a few more choices but not holding out much hope that it’s going to happen soon. I want to get these in the bag for fall. I’m sure Edel wishes that supply chain issues hadn’t caused these delays. Launching an absolutely awesome iron and not being able to get it in the hands of golfers would be a tough pill to swallow. I would love to wait but I want to help Edel get the word out.

I wish we had a few more choices but not holding out much hope that it’s going to happen soon. I want to get these in the bag for fall. I’m sure Edel wishes that supply chain issues hadn’t caused these delays. Launching an absolutely awesome iron and not being able to get it in the hands of golfers would be a tough pill to swallow. I would love to wait but I want to help Edel get the word out.
On that same token if I can't hit them worth a damn, the word I'm spreading won't be good. The shafts in the test irons did not work for me. The ones in his did. I just want to do well with them from the start.

On that same token if I can't hit them worth a damn, the word I'm spreading won't be good. The shafts in the test irons did not work for me. The ones in his did. I just want to do well with them from the start.
Fair enough. The MMTs were sweet. I’ve played steel fiber for nearly 3 years. While I was hoping to try something else I know I’m familiar with that shaft

Those MMT shafts were sweet weren't they? If that had been an option it would have been a no brainer. The Steelfiber have the same type of construction that the MMT does so I took a chance. I figured I can always change the shaft later if need be.

This is such a cool and unique part of these clubs that you can tune each one depending on how you hit that specific area of your bag.

This is such a cool and unique part of these clubs that you can tune each one depending on how you hit that specific area of your bag.
It truly is. That is what is so cool about these. The other part about them is they feel so good. 4 or 5 swings in on the range at Quest Cup I was sold. Would have swapped my gamers on-site for the SMS irons in a heartbeat

It truly is. That is what is so cool about these. The other part about them is they feel so good. 4 or 5 swings in on the range at Quest Cup I was sold. Would have swapped my gamers on-site for the SMS irons in a heartbeat
This. I would have played the whole weekend with them they felt that good.

that’s how I felt. My usual 7 iron is a “screamer” that stops rolling approx 135-140. The shot difference with the Edel 7 at the event was jaw dropping. Real height, with a slight draw shot after shot after shot. My first born must’ve getting nervous about what I would’ve swapped for them to use that day.

Back