I’ve been using my 56° SMS for everything inside 80y. I especially like it around the green. It glides through the rough better than any club in the bag. Previous to the Edel I was a 7i bump and run kinda guy when I was just off the green but not anymore.

I did move the weight back to neutral.

I’m still waiting for my first hole out chip with it. Maybe my round tomorrow will deliver!
What are you seeing in differences when moving the weight?

What are you seeing in differences when moving the weight?
I’ve only really given heel and neutral thorough testing. I already have a tendency to push right so I feel like moving a weight to the toe would exacerbate that.

When I have it in the heel it helps keep the clubface closed which is helpful on short chips but on full shots I developed the sh*nks with the heel weight and got freaked out so moved it to neutral. I’m not sure if it was mental or I was just off that day but neutral got me back on track.

I’m certainly using the heck out of it though. I’ve only had Arccos for 3 rounds and have clocked 40 shots with it.
32CFC57A-F862-41E6-AD50-C1A5ABE0B3B0.jpeg

Anymore thoughts guys?
I am thinking about putting a 58 in the bag for some upcoming rounds
I put my 58 through its paces today. As a higher capper, I have really good touch with the Edels. The feel so good.

I definitely like/ need the 8 gram in the toe. I tend to miss there.The added mass seems to create forgiveness.

Ihadsome challenging bunker shots today. With good sand on the course I was able to make some very good outs with the wedge layed wide open. No excessive digging whatsoever.

Pitch/Full Shots
Finally got out again today. I have only been able to get out a few times since my last post in here which is not normal. I played with @mtbloco today and he recently got a 58 degree C Grind (same as me). Before our round I was able to hit mine (with weight in the middle) and his (weight on toe) consecutively. It is very hard for me to tell a HUGE difference. The weight in the toe seems to allow me to be a bit more aggressive through impact without the ball going left. Honestly, my wedge game has been so bad this past month, I cannot even get a good enough read on the Edel to provide great feedback. I know its not the Edel because its been bad with my SM8 as well.

ATG
Sometimes I feel like it can be a little hot of the face, but it still as good as my SM8. Feel like I can hit any shot with it. Low, high, spin, no spin. Very confident atg with this club.

NOTE 1: And maybe the most important part of the post. @mtbloco has improved ALOT with his in my opinion. He hit some shots today that I haven't seen him hit before with his prior wedge. That tells me this wedge can be a game changer.
NOTE 2: I am hoping to the the club to a monitor soon to get some spin data etc.

Pitch/Full Shots
Finally got out again today. I have only been able to get out a few times since my last post in here which is not normal. I played with @mtbloco today and he recently got a 58 degree C Grind (same as me). Before our round I was able to hit mine (with weight in the middle) and his (weight on toe) consecutively. It is very hard for me to tell a HUGE difference. The weight in the toe seems to allow me to be a bit more aggressive through impact without the ball going left. Honestly, my wedge game has been so bad this past month, I cannot even get a good enough read on the Edel to provide great feedback. I know its not the Edel because its been bad with my SM8 as well.

ATG
Sometimes I feel like it can be a little hot of the face, but it still as good as my SM8. Feel like I can hit any shot with it. Low, high, spin, no spin. Very confident atg with this club.

NOTE 1: And maybe the most important part of the post. @mtbloco has improved ALOT with his in my opinion. He hit some shots today that I haven't seen him hit before with his prior wedge. That tells me this wedge can be a game changer.
NOTE 2: I am hoping to the the club to a monitor soon to get some spin data etc.
Thanks Jimmy. My short game is really improving. It means a lot to hear you take notice.

My two Edels generally do what I want them to do. Which gives me confidence

I hit the 50 degree at Top Golf tonight quite a lot.. Still sort of blowing my mind how clean these jump off the head, and the numbers I am getting out of them.

I've got a buddy locally who is so ready to make a swap from his SM8's to the Edel wedges. It's pretty funny to listen to him hit them and celebrate the sound they make. SO clean.

Questions for the "Sweepers":

1) What loft/grind are you using?

2) What weight position are you using?
2a) What made you decide on that weight position?

Questions for everyone:

3) How does your Edel SMS compare overall to your previous gamer?

4) How comfortable are you with this wedge compared to your previous gamer?
4a) How quickly did you become comfortable/still a work in progress?

Questions for everyone:

Good questions.

I will answer 3 and 4.

It promotes really clean contact for me, possibly better than what I had previously. Which has led to some really good spin and more importantly some great consistency.

It became comfortable nearly immediately. I used it a few times in the Tech Studio and then it went right in the bag.

Questions for everyone:

I too can answer 3 and 4.

My previous gamer was a hand-me-down wedge from an old set. It's obviously light years better than what I was using.
That said it has been a bit of a challenge to get use to how differently it plays from the old one. I'm getting actual backspin on balls now and after about a month with it I'm starting to be able to manage distances and position much better. Still have some work to do but other than driver it's been my most hit club.

3. Vokey wedges are the cream of the crop in my opinion. Oddly enough I have only had one in my bag the last 5 years or so. I currently have the jaws 50 & 55 degree and a 58 degree SM8. Anyways, I like the Edel more than the Jaws. Feels better in my hands and like the looks more. Also feels a little better to me. But I still think I rank the SM8 slightly higher. Every time I hit the SM8 I know what I am getting. With the Edel I get that hot face feeling mentioned previously. Some people like that feeling, but it's just not for me. I'd rather not have that when hitting "touch" shots. Other than the jumping off the face feeling, the wedge compares very very similarly to the SM8 which is the highest praise I can give.

4. The hotter feeling off the face took a little time to get used to. Maybe 15 minutes of chipping around. I am still trying to dial in the bigger swing yardages as I haven't had as much time lately as usual. As far as feeling comfortable, around the greens I am 100%, and full swings about 50%. The 50% number is not the clubs fault though.

Maybe I am an anomaly, I am not getting a "hot face" feeling at all. I am getting a dense feeling, from the materials used and the forged construction, but not anything hot at all.

Questions for everyone:

Sweeper here.....

50 and 58 in C-grind.
Weight in toe on each.
My miss is out there, so more mass in that area helps with the consistency. I could make a case it helps me from pulls left too. But that's hard to quantify.

Major improvement in performance for me. While my previous gamer (also forged wedge) was softer. THe versatility of the grind and the "denseness" of it really suit me well.

Pretty much right away. I just started playing it as soon as I got my hands on them. I warm up with chips to specific landing zones with both. On course I don't think about the wedge. other than if I want to manipulate the face or not.

Maybe I am an anomaly, I am not getting a "hot face" feeling at all. I am getting a dense feeling, from the materials used and the forged construction, but not anything hot at all.
clean contact and dense feeling.....are probably what I equate to "hot". I'm getting 5-6 more yards in carry from my previous 50 wedge.

• Appreciation
Reactions: JB
First time playing in 3 weeks tonight. My game is trash, but the Edel was delivering.

93 yards out and took a 3/4 swing and was very happy with the result below.
5BF125DC-BC9F-413F-B812-3EDDC355D772.jpeg

109 yards out with a fun play over the water. Stuck it and was my best shot of the evening!
18984454-AF1B-4463-9C6A-52FD92DCEC0C.jpeg
549255C3-7626-40AA-B694-F008C4148104.jpeg

Lastly, another 90ish yard shot put to less than 10 ft. Very pleased.
D6D6D333-F9BE-471A-A5C4-060DF1725A3B.jpeg

A lot of consistency tonight with the 50* Edel. Surprising with the time away from the game but very happy. My wife made birdie on 9 to beat me 🤦‍♂️

First time playing in 3 weeks tonight. My game is trash, but the Edel was delivering.

93 yards out and took a 3/4 swing and was very happy with the result below.
View attachment 9034374

109 yards out with a fun play over the water. Stuck it and was my best shot of the evening!
View attachment 9034375
View attachment 9034376

Lastly, another 90ish yard shot put to less than 10 ft. Very pleased.
View attachment 9034377

A lot of consistency tonight with the 50* Edel. Surprising with the time away from the game but very happy. My wife made birdie on 9 to beat me 🤦‍♂️
Those 50s feel so great when you drop one in tight! Nicely done.

Do you use it green side too?

I’m starting to hit this Edel about 10yds further than I anticipate on most shots over 50yds. But, I’m also hitting all of my other irons about 10-15 further.

I can’t blame the SMS for that. I just need to adjust my yardages with it and probably need to get a 58° or 60° eventually too.

Those 50s feel so great when you drop one in tight! Nicely done.

Do you use it green side too?

Love the feeling.

I really like my 54* ZipCore green side but for testing reasons have rotated in the Edel. Overall I am more accurate with the ZipCore but have way more volume with it. I hit the Edel green side a few times tonight and left a little bit too much pizza in the box.

Love the feeling.

I really like my 54* ZipCore green side but for testing reasons have rotated in the Edel. Overall I am more accurate with the ZipCore but have way more volume with it. I hit the Edel green side a few times tonight and left a little bit too much pizza in the box.
What grind do you have?

What grind do you have?

I am rocking the V Grind. I think it has worked really well with my steep angle of attack. I almost went with the D grind which is for the most steep but was scared it might take my steepness and digging to a new level.

I went on a little streak this weekend with my SMS wedges where I felt like I couldn't miss. Plopping the ball right beside or just short of the pin from anywhere between 70-140 yards. At one point I hit one to about 20 feet right of the pin and felt legitimately disappointed hahaha!

Also, on one par 3, I had some absolutely RIDICULOUS spin from 120 with my 54. It was downhill a bit with some help wind, but I still kind of went after the ball to create some action. I swear that thing spun back 30 feet or so (@xThor and/or @Afizzle2100 can keep me honest). It was actually kind of a bummer because it turned a 12 footer into a forty footer hahaha

I went on a little streak this weekend with my SMS wedges where I felt like I couldn't miss. Plopping the ball right beside or just short of the pin from anywhere between 70-140 yards. At one point I hit one to about 20 feet right of the pin and felt legitimately disappointed hahaha!

Also, on one par 3, I had some absolutely RIDICULOUS spin from 120 with my 54. It was downhill a bit with some help wind, but I still kind of went after the ball to create some action. I swear that thing spun back 30 feet or so (@xThor and/or @Afizzle2100 can keep me honest). It was actually kind of a bummer because it turned a 12 footer into a forty footer hahaha

Some say it is still spinning back off the green to this day....

I can vouch that ball ripped back, and then the near ace also had good controlled back spin on it. When you dialed your wedges in the ball launched very high and just floated to the perfect distance and dropped next to the hole.

I am rocking the V Grind. I think it has worked really well with my steep angle of attack. I almost went with the D grind which is for the most steep but was scared it might take my steepness and digging to a new level.
I’m opposite of you. Sweeper. So C grind for me.

So you’re saying it’s a keeper.

Back