Spent some time chipping in the basement this morning. It seems like I get a more consistent strike on the toe side in a limited sampling between yesterday and this morning.

Do folks find the weight location impact your ability to hit different trajectories with chip shots?

Do folks find the weight location impact your ability to hit different trajectories with chip shots?
I don't personally, but I could see how it could impact it. Face closure being a thing.

I don't personally, but I could see how it could impact it. Face closure being a thing.
Thanks. Could have been me but with the weight setting today I was struggling to hit my chipping windows. Will shift it next time and see if any different (and maybe bring the gamer to compare to see if it’s just me… which is a decent chance)

Thanks. Could have been me but with the weight setting today I was struggling to hit my chipping windows. Will shift it next time and see if any different (and maybe bring the gamer to compare to see if it’s just me… which is a decent chance)
Same ball too. Always make sure ball is the same.

I could never quite figure out if it was the grind or weight placement but I had quite a few high and weak chips/pitches. Seemingly worse with weight in the heel.

Which was kinda counterintuitive to me with the face closure talk.

I could never quite figure out if it was the grind or weight placement but I had quite a few high and weak chips/pitches. Seemingly worse with weight in the heel.

Which was kinda counterintuitive to me with the face closure talk.
Part of it may have been the grind as I was using the C which I believe is on the lower bounce side of things, excited to keep worknig with them though, the feel on a well struck shot is great

I've not really noticed the weight placement making me not able to hit different trajectories, though once I set it in the toe and it just felt right, I haven't moved it since. I can do all kinds of things with the V grind, I have a bit more trouble closing down the T grind if I want to hit that greenside bump and run putter stroke kind of shot. I would say it's probably more the grind than the weight.

Now that I have gotten a lot more practice in with my new pitching technique these wedges are rock stars. Still need to dial in distances a little better but I am loving the wedges now. They are easier for me to hit than the T22 and better feeling for me than the Cobra SB's that I have tested against.

Same ball too. Always make sure ball is the same.
I would love to only play thre prov1 left dot......:banghead::(

It hasn’t impacted me at all in the toe or centered. I find with the T and C grinds I can really manipulate the face for any shot in both weight positions.

i generally play a pretty straight up chip on the course and don’t notice too much difference between toe and center other than the toe placement feels more forgiving if I miss out on the toe.

Finding my short game again and starting to feel like it’s point and shoot with these. Have had 2 awesome rounds chipping/pitching and approach from 70-100 in. Had a pitch shot with my 56T today from 80 out and put a nice lower trajectory chip in. Had that beautiful one hop and stop that I have only ever been able to get with Edel wedges. Still spinning like the day I got them.

Finding my short game again and starting to feel like it’s point and shoot with these. Have had 2 awesome rounds chipping/pitching and approach from 70-100 in. Had a pitch shot with my 56T today from 80 out and put a nice lower trajectory chip in. Had that beautiful one hop and stop that I have only ever been able to get with Edel wedges. Still spinning like the day I got them.
How do the C and T grinds play for you?

How do the C and T grinds play for you?
I love both. The 56T is my favorite. The T grind has been super forgiving off every lie and is versatile enough for any shot. It’s super easy to open and close the face and has plenty of bounce. I love it for everything from full shots to sand to chipping.

The 60C is awesome on tight lies and for manipulating the face but is definitely a little less forgiving. I really like it but I’m not very skilled so tend to go for the bounce/forgiveness of the T grind and use the C grind when I’m chipping from the fairway or really need to put some height on a shot.

I love both. The 56T is my favorite. The T grind has been super forgiving off every lie and is versatile enough for any shot. It’s super easy to open and close the face and has plenty of bounce. I love it for everything from full shots to sand to chipping.

The 60C is awesome on tight lies and for manipulating the face but is definitely a little less forgiving. I really like it but I’m not very skilled so tend to go for the bounce/forgiveness of the T grind and use the C grind when I’m chipping from the fairway or really need to put some height on a shot.
I've played some with the C from That Post, I like it but don't think it's the grind for me. The T is most interesting at the moment as I dive deeper, that and the V.

Question(s) for the group.

1. Do you full swing your wedges?
1a. If so, do you find yourself compromising on the weight placement for full swings to maximize the benefits for partial swings?

1a. If so, do you find yourself compromising on the weight placement for full swings to maximize the benefits for partial swings?
I use to a swing full a lot but now i typically only swing my 50 full and the other 2 other 3/4 or less swings almost all the time.....

I use to a swing full a lot but now i typically only swing my 50 full and the other 2 other 3/4 or less swings almost all the time.....
Does that approach impact where you place the weights?

Does that approach impact where you place the weights?
As of now I keep it in the toe and love it there so I haven't experimented too much with it in the heel/middle. The only reason I would change is if it flights the shots down more naturally and adds spin but I havent experimented enough to figure that out.

1. The set gap wedge/50* was about the lowest in the bag I will full swing. I got brave one time and tried to full swing the 58* and carved a bit of a trench.
2. This is a good question, and in Edel's fitting literature they discuss using a 3/4 swing to set weight placement. I can't see there being too much of a difference between weight placements from 3/4 to full swings, and I remember it being talked about why the 3/4 swing is the philosophy, I just can't remember why off the top of my head. What I can say is once the weights are placed, it starts to feel "right", and when it started feeling right, my confidence went way up and I could start swinging without thinking about it too much. I'd argue for most amateur golfers that would probably outweigh any marginal performance benefits.

I full swing my 52 a lot and my 56 on occasion. I haven’t noticed any difference with weight placement between a 3/4 and full swing. I do see a bit of a straighter ball flight with partial swings compared to my normal draw with full swings but it could be related to a more neutral swing path as much as club face control from the weighting.

I will full swing the 52 and 56 but the 60 is only partial shots. I don't find the weight placement to have any different effect between the full swing and partial shot, but I also have the weights in the same place (toe) on all the irons and wedges.

Does everyone go with what 'feels' right on results in right?

I ask as it felt more comfortable in the toe, but I really like the trajectory I got with it in the heel. Only a sample size of two so far... I'll acknowledge that, but was curious to folks thoughts.

Does everyone go with what 'feels' right on results in right?

I ask as it felt more comfortable in the toe, but I really like the trajectory I got with it in the heel. Only a sample size of two so far... I'll acknowledge that, but was curious to folks thoughts.
for me they seem to align. With the weight in the heel i pull short chip shots to the left, with it in the toe I am more online with my target.

Back