Definitely agree with you about the T grind being a bit more forgiving, and probably why I’m the opposite, using the T for hard packed stuff and the V for the softer sand. Would have loved to go through a proper fitting for these, and will for sure be fit for my next set of wedges. We go through such a weird conditions swing up here from beginning/middle/end of season and I was happy to see how well these handled a variety of situations.
That’s one of the things I love about them, the grinds seem to be so versatile and work in any conditions. The main course I play are all very different turf conditions and I feel like I have the right tool for any situation I find myself in.

The V grind has been my favorite for full swing with my 52. I try not to full swing wedges but with that club I feel confident to go after a full shot off any turf.

I’ve actually been contemplating getting back in to fit these for some graphite shafts and adding a 60D to try that grind out.

That’s one of the things I love about them, the grinds seem to be so versatile and work in any conditions. The main course I play are all very different turf conditions and I feel like I have the right tool for any situation I find myself in.

The V grind has been my favorite for full swing with my 52. I try not to full swing wedges but with that club I feel confident to go after a full shot off any turf.

I’ve actually been contemplating getting back in to fit these for some graphite shafts and adding a 60D to try that grind out.
I really like the ballistics but I’m looking forward to trying the Rapid Tapers as well. Would you look for a heavy graphite?

I really like the ballistics but I’m looking forward to trying the Rapid Tapers as well. Would you look for a heavy graphite?
Yeah, I’m playing KBS 120s in these and they perform great so want similar weight in graphite for the elbows. I’m getting pretty good performance out of the SF 95s in the irons but I def feel more controlled with the heavier weight.

Been really focusing on my irons lately but got out to the short game area tonight and spent some quality time with the wedges.

Almost forgot how fun these are and how soft the feel is. Hit a groove tonight and must have hit 200 chips just because I was enjoying it so much. I’ve had these for dozens of rounds now and still get surprised how versatile the 56T is. Messed around with every kind of lie and shot I could think of and it’s just so good in any situation.

Tinkering with the 48 yesterday. DG TI in it, weight in the heel as I want to see right to left with this one, fitting with Ryan proved that this helped make that easy. It’s a wee bit accentuated due to still ironing out the unit alignment indoors, but still. Some sizable spin for a 48 :oops:

08E93946-D971-4942-8BB2-8ABC71D134E0.png

56 is in the heel to help me get rotated on running chips
60 is in the toe to help me keep the face open for flops
Love the SMS customization!

Reactions: JB
These wedges are kinda lethal from bunkers. They were compact but had plenty of 'dig' at Ballyhack and I was able to do pretty much whatever the heck I wanted to with them which was a ton of fun.

I love that sand, by the way.

These wedges are kinda lethal from bunkers. They were compact but had plenty of 'dig' at Ballyhack and I was able to do pretty much whatever the heck I wanted to with them which was a ton of fun.

I love that sand, by the way.
I have made a big improvement in my bunker game since putting these in the bag. The T grind feels like a cheat code sometimes but my favorite thing about it is it’s so versatile for any type of sand or lie in the bunker so it takes all of the uncertainty about choosing the right club out of my mind.

I hit sooooooo many good shots with my 58 the last couple rounds. Low chips as well as beautiful hi flops to tight pins. Lovin it.

These are my favorite wedges ever. I don’t know exactly why, but they just perform and feel great to me. The custom stamping certainly doesn’t hurt my feeling toward them.

I've been very interested in these since this thread started. I finally stopped pondering and purchased a Gap wedge from the secondary market today. This could get expensive if I see too much improvement. :unsure:

I’m spitballing ideas but I’d like to try to figure out a way I could make the 56° Edel THP/Edel sent me July ‘21 for testing into a ‘demo club’ of sorts for the community here.

Over the past year I’ve read several posts from people wishing they could give these wedges a swing but not able to find place to do it.

Not sure if it’s feasible but my initial thought was a ‘brotherhood of the traveling wedge’ of sorts for Albatross Club members. Sure this wedge has my name on it and eventually I’d like it to make its way back to me but there has to be better uses for it than sitting in my office for me to occasionally chip foam balls with.

Thoughts?

I’m spitballing ideas but I’d like to try to figure out a way I could make the 56° Edel THP/Edel sent me July ‘21 for testing into a ‘demo club’ of sorts for the community here.

Over the past year I’ve read several posts from people wishing they could give these wedges a swing but not able to find place to do it.

Not sure if it’s feasible but my initial thought was a ‘brotherhood of the traveling wedge’ of sorts for Albatross Club members. Sure this wedge has my name on it and eventually I’d like it to make its way back to me but there has to be better uses for it than sitting in my office for me to occasionally chip foam balls with.

Thoughts?
Well, well.... funny how things just seem to work out. Looks like the first recipient of my Edel SMS demo program will be @Scooby45

Well, well.... funny how things just seem to work out. Looks like the first recipient of my Edel SMS demo program will be @Scooby45
I told you I was nervous to hit them this past year as I wasn't ready yet to dive into new wedges this past season. Very excited to spend some time with it.

That's appropriate to start with team JB. They'll will need more time to get up to speed. J/K :D:alien:

In all seriousness, it's great that you are willing to give THPer's an opportunity to try out Edel's technology.

I’m about to start this from from the jump, but any D grind players out there? I’m a little curious about that grind.

I’m about to start this from from the jump, but any D grind players out there? I’m a little curious about that grind.

I don’t think anyone went with this grind last year and it definitely has my eye.

Best approach round I have ever had with wedges today and chipping was really good too. I’m nearly a year in with these now and am still surprised how good they feel and sound on contact. Really found my wedge game today and feel like I could hit any shot with my 60C and 56T.

Gotta keep an eye on these the last couple days of vacation as my dad and brother were both in love after playing around with them today.

So had my first experience with a SMS wedge today. A 56 deg C grind from @That post.

We played a par 3 course so my plan was to play three holes with the weight in each location. It didn’t quite work out that way as you will see.

Started with the weight in the toe. First three holes even par. One GIR and two up and downs. First chip was kick in range and the other was to about five feet which was converted. Felt pretty good expect my poor swing getting a bit flippy, leaving two short.

Moved to the middle for a couple holes. Came up short on both holes and alos left both chips 8’ and 12’ short. Missed both putts so after two bogeys the middle weight got switched.

Then went to the heel. It felt weird, like really weird. But I found both greens and seemed to have a more penetrating trajectory. Had also played a shot with @That post 6 iron I pushed right. That chip didn’t feel as natural as the toe. So it was definitely different.

Went back to the toe for the last two holes. Thinned the first, completely on me, but the mulligan was hole high. (missed the birdie putt that was maybe 10’ 😡). On the last, tried to play it 100 yards which is really stepping on it for me. Played a nice one but it ended a little short. Ran the chip long and missed the comebacker.

so final tally for me:
Toe - 5 holes, +1
Middle - 2 holes, +2
Heel - 2 holes, E

I kinda want to spend some sim time to see how the heel and toe work for me. I was conscious of where the weight was on the second hole woth it in the heel and hit a nice one. Knowing I can get a little flippy where might be something there. We shall see.

So had my first experience with a SMS wedge today. A 56 deg C grind from @That post.

We played a par 3 course so my plan was to play three holes with the weight in each location. It didn’t quite work out that way as you will see.

Started with the weight in the toe. First three holes even par. One GIR and two up and downs. First chip was kick in range and the other was to about five feet which was converted. Felt pretty good expect my poor swing getting a bit flippy, leaving two short.

Moved to the middle for a couple holes. Came up short on both holes and alos left both chips 8’ and 12’ short. Missed both putts so after two bogeys the middle weight got switched.

Then went to the heel. It felt weird, like really weird. But I found both greens and seemed to have a more penetrating trajectory. Had also played a shot with @That post 6 iron I pushed right. That chip didn’t feel as natural as the toe. So it was definitely different.

Went back to the toe for the last two holes. Thinned the first, completely on me, but the mulligan was hole high. (missed the birdie putt that was maybe 10’ 😡). On the last, tried to play it 100 yards which is really stepping on it for me. Played a nice one but it ended a little short. Ran the chip long and missed the comebacker.

so final tally for me:
Toe - 5 holes, +1
Middle - 2 holes, +2
Heel - 2 holes, E

I kinda want to spend some sim time to see how the heel and toe work for me. I was conscious of where the weight was on the second hole woth it in the heel and hit a nice one. Knowing I can get a little flippy where might be something there. We shall see.
I feel like you were more consistent with the weight in the toe. It's such a fun experiment moving the weights around and finding what works best for your game. I can't wait to see where you end up landing. Perhaps a visit to the SIM is in order so you can actually get numbers on what it's doing in each location.

I feel like you were more consistent with the weight in the toe. It's such a fun experiment moving the weights around and finding what works best for your game. I can't wait to see where you end up landing. Perhaps a visit to the SIM is in order so you can actually get numbers on what it's doing in each location.
And maybe a friend blind swapping them so I don’t override 😀

Back