Electronics Pondering with Kmac, Tmex and Coolbreeze

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tmex this is why I seriously pondered grabbing a playbook at 199 right after Christmas.

IMO it's easily the second best tablet out there behind the IPad 2. Could be the first depending what you use it for buddy. I have most of the apps that I'd get from an android device (google chat is alluding me) and the build quality just blows the other devices away. 2.0 was a great update for this device dude.

I'm telling you the ability to use my bold/phone as a bluetooth remote is awesome. When I was streaming the fights the other night, I just used a HDMI out and controlled the playbook with my phone. It was pretty cool.

IMO it's easily the second best tablet out there behind the IPad 2. Could be the first depending what you use it for buddy. I have most of the apps that I'd get from an android device (google chat is alluding me) and the build quality just blows the other devices away. 2.0 was a great update for this device dude.

I'm telling you the ability to use my bold/phone as a bluetooth remote is awesome. When I was streaming the fights the other night, I just used a HDMI out and controlled the playbook with my phone. It was pretty cool.

Which one is better in terms of build or overall quality, iPad2 or the Playbook in TMexas's opinion?

Which one is better in terms of build or overall quality, iPad2 or the Playbook in TMexas's opinion?

This is a tough one KMac... Lots of factors. The size of the Playbook along with the casing makes it feel much sturdier and comfortable in the hands. Its got that soft touch rubber like casing and the screen just feels smoother. I feel like its built to last and not as fragile as the Ipad2. When i take this on a plane its a lot easier to use without bumping the person next to me haha.

The Ipad2 is slimmer and the screen size helps in some cases. My only issue I had with the 10" Xoom was that it was tough to manuver in an airplane. The Ipad2 magnetic cover would take of some of that though. The touch screen while super responsive isnt as much as the playbook which surprised me a bit. The only time I felt the Ipad was more responsive was when i was web browsing because of the bigger screen. but being able to get true webpages on the playbook is a plus.

Overall I think the Ipad is more complete software wise because of the apps available. Although the playbook now has android apps, I cant find the movie editor or google chat haha. That kinda irks me. Watching streaming movies is a chore but can be done, it just sucks. So I'd give the edge there but not by much. I like the feel of QNX (BB10 or whatever) OS over the iOS. It's more intuitive to gestures and responds better with the apps (not web). The movies I can pick up with the HD camera are sick. Full HD. Still software wise, I'll give the Ipad the nod but not by much and the gap is shrinking.

Physically I prefer the Playbook. Its sturdy, comfortable and in no way has it ever been uncomfortable to me. But I could easily see someone wanting a bigger screen and preferring the lighter feeling build of the ipad.

They're so different in some ways it just comes down to personal preference on what apps are absolutes and what you prefer for screen size. The ability to use my bb data plan for internet and use my Bold as a remote win it for me. Doesnt mean I wont have an ipad3 though lol.

I saw an advertisement for a new Droid Razr "........" (i can't remember the name) but it's supposed to have wicked sick battery life. That's the extent of what I do in this thread.

I saw an advertisement for a new Droid Razr "........" (i can't remember the name) but it's supposed to have wicked sick battery life. That's the extent of what I do in this thread.

droid mazr maxx

The Razr Maxx or something. They had to release one with a better battery, because the Droid Razr that the just released in late November had a battery life of, about 2 hours.

Android device w/ a crap battery, made worse by it not being removable.

droid mazr maxx

I reckon I want it. When I'm ready to upgrade. I like my droid, hate the battery life. This should help.

The Razr Maxx or something. They had to release one with a better battery, because the Droid Razr that the just released in late November had a battery life of, about 2 hours.

Android device w/ a crap battery, made worse by it not being removable.

Which was funny because the Razr was supposed to solve the battery life woes haha.

I reckon I want it. When I'm ready to upgrade. I like my droid, hate the battery life. This should help.

Do it dude! You could be recording every divot you fling with one of those I reckon.

I never knew this existed and it could be ugly now that I do. Still need to check it out but basically you trade in your electronic item, ebay pays for your shipping and you get paid in your paypal. Buy new phone or tablet.

http://instantsale.ebay.com/

I never knew this existed and it could be ugly now that I do. Still need to check it out but basically you trade in your electronic item, ebay pays for your shipping and you get paid in your paypal. Buy new phone or tablet.

Oh boy... This isnt good. But they dont want to give me enough for my Torch! WTC. Dude this is not good.

$220 for my iPhone 4, I think I could get more for it...

Oh boy... This isnt good. But they dont want to give me enough for my Torch! WTC. Dude this is not good.

Only $200 for my iPhone 4 BUT its hassle free. Selling an iPhone on ebay is AWFUL but can fetch some good cheddar if you can handle the barrage of emails and stupid offers. I may do the instant sale for that HTC phone if the battery is good on it. I feel like Im bored with Apple and need a phone that will crash more often and have apps that never work. LOL

I'm pondering a used VZW iPhone 4 (or S) for my wife. Buying off eBay is such a pain, I wonder where I can buy from someone reliable.

Only $200 for my iPhone 4 BUT its hassle free. Selling an iPhone on ebay is AWFUL but can fetch some good cheddar if you can handle the barrage of emails and stupid offers. I may do the instant sale for that HTC phone if the battery is good on it. I feel like Im bored with Apple and need a phone that will crash more often and have apps that never work. LOL

Lol who doesnt want their phone always crashing????

Man you're right, I don't care that'd I lose money its almost worth it not to have to deal with the hassle.. If they did this for golf Clubs I'd be screwed.

I'm pondering a used VZW iPhone 4 (or S) for my wife. Buying off eBay is such a pain, I wonder where I can buy from someone reliable.

Thats the hard part. You just never know what the phone has been through.

Same here. Ive been looking on Craigslist for a Thunderbolt or Incredible 2 to play around with.

How much you looking to spend?

$220 for my iPhone 4, I think I could get more for it...

War Eagle meet ddxu!
Lol who doesnt want their phone always crashing????

Man you're right, I don't care that'd I lose money its almost worth it not to have to deal with the hassle.. If they did this for golf Clubs I'd be screwed.

LOL we already have Golf Galaxy for that and I think theyre even worse. If I think about it, $200 isnt that bad for an iPhone that is almost 2 years old now. Its coming up soon now. And I get the HTC whatever it was called, hate it, I want the iPhone 5 and instant trade the HTC in for almost what the cost of the i5 would cost me.

War Eagle meet ddxu!

LOL we already have Golf Galaxy for that and I think theyre even worse. If I think about it, $200 isnt that bad for an iPhone that is almost 2 years old now. Its coming up soon now. And I get the HTC whatever it was called, hate it, I want the iPhone 5 and instant trade the HTC in for almost what the cost of the i5 would cost me.

You know people will readyour last sentence and be like wtc, but I understand it perfectly!

You know people will readyour last sentence and be like wtc, but I understand it perfectly!

Yup, I think you and maybe JB are the two that understand that just fine.

Yup, I think you and maybe JB are the two that understand that just fine.

Its taking all I have to not buy a phone just to buy one. If I didnt love my bold like I do, man...

Its taking all I have to not buy a phone just to buy one. If I didnt love my bold like I do, man...
The only thing I OEM more than golf stuff, are phones. I want to go back to an Android so I can moan about battery life.

I need a new case for my iPhone, so I told my wife last night I should just probably get a new phone instead.

The only thing I OEM more than golf stuff, are phones. I want to go back to an Android so I can moan about battery life.

I need a new case for my iPhone, so I told my wife last night I should just probably get a new phone instead.

That's why I want to go back. And free music downloads! I think phone ho'ing and club ho'ing are traits that go hand in hand.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back