Electronics Pondering

Status
Not open for further replies.
Walmart is doing a 60" smart Vizio for 700 bucks on Thursday. I want it but I will resist
Damn, thats a stupid good deal.
I don't love Apple for the specs, I love it for the ecosystem and UI.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
And that is the reason people are "stuck" with Apple. Often times they have no desire to venture away from a system that they "know."

Ended up with the Vizio from Walmart last night in and out in 15 minutes which included it loaded up in my pops truck. Couldn't pass up the price $688 for a 60" smart tv. And the more I looked at tvs the more I realized in that price range they all are pretty similar. It's nice and looks huge in my living room. It's like walking into a movie theater hahaha thanks for everyone's help with all the tv info I appreciate it.
Awesome, buck. I need to pull the trigger on the same one. Love the Vizio Smart TVs, and their price makes them all the better.

I mean, why pay double when it does the same thing, right?

I don't love Apple for the specs, I love it for the ecosystem and UI.

And that is the reason people are "stuck" with Apple. Often times they have no desire to venture away from a system that they "know."

And there are millions that are the same way. That is the beauty of the landscape. So many choices for people.

This is somewhat my delima. I like the ease of apple but I also want something different, I just do not want the 2 year contract and verizon is the only game where I live.

Ended up with the Vizio from Walmart last night in and out in 15 minutes which included it loaded up in my pops truck. Couldn't pass up the price $688 for a 60" smart tv. And the more I looked at tvs the more I realized in that price range they all are pretty similar. It's nice and looks huge in my living room. It's like walking into a movie theater hahaha thanks for everyone's help with all the tv info I appreciate it.

Jealous... really wish I woulda grabbed one of these!

And there are millions that are the same way. That is the beauty of the landscape. So many choices for people.

Yep. I have tried Android 3 times and was just never a fan. Never felt as cohesive as iOS. Couple with the fact I use MacOSX and its just a natural fit. Nothing against Android, at least now as they have made some massive strides in their OS.

Finally got a brek and picked up my note II today, so far I absolutely love it, it synced up my outlook with no problems and everything from the IPhone transferred over smoothly. So far so good.

Thats awesome Trout. I was just telling GG that I have no idea how I survived without mine for so long. Absolutely love the Note line.
If you are looking for a case, check out the Spigen Neo Hybrid from amazon.

I have a nexus 7 in hand right now for a work project when I travel on Monday. Have spent quite a bit of time messing around with it. Seems like a real good device. The screen is really good as you know if you read the article JB posted. Personally I'd still like a slightly larger screen, but man for casual browsing and book reading its a hell of a package for the price.

I have a nexus 7 in hand right now for a work project when I travel on Monday. Have spent quite a bit of time messing around with it. Seems like a real good device. The screen is really good as you know if you read the article JB posted. Personally I'd still like a slightly larger screen, but man for casual browsing and book reading its a hell of a package for the price.

I agree that the 8" format seems like the perfect size. Its why I love the Note 8.0 so much (among so many other features).
I have adapted to the Nexus 7 and love the customizing aspects of Android over all. This device plus widgets = incredible.

I agree that the 8" format seems like the perfect size. Its why I love the Note 8.0 so much (among so many other features).
I have adapted to the Nexus 7 and love the customizing aspects of Android over all. This device plus widgets = incredible.

Out of curiosity, what all do you use your Nexus for? I've been contemplating a tablet but not sure if I would get enough use out of it.

Out of curiosity, what all do you use your Nexus for? I've been contemplating a tablet but not sure if I would get enough use out of it.

I use mine for web, media and reading.
Its for the couch and other areas where I want to get away from my laptop for a bit.
I also use it a lot while traveling.

Im not their ideal target however. I just will not spend more than $250 on one. I dont use it enough for that. The Nexus is blazing fast, latest OS, very custom, arguably the best screen on the market and it is a great price, hence why it worked for me.

I am more impressed with it than I thought I'd be.
I love me some widgets.

Mine was is for a work project. But I use my regular tablet for web browsing and movie watching mostly.

I looked at a few tablets today. I absolutely love Apple products but I didn't see anything that could justify the price difference for an iPad.

Apple makes really nice stuff but there are plenty out there for a third of the price dude, I've never played with the nexus but the note 8 and 10.1 are awesome. I'm a Samsung fan and it happened pretty quickly, great products.

Thats awesome Trout. I was just telling GG that I have no idea how I survived without mine for so long. Absolutely love the Note line.
If you are looking for a case, check out the Spigen Neo Hybrid from amazon.

This thing is incredible so far, just got done doing some drawing and photo tweaking with the pen, I don't remember being this excited about my iPhone. It's the best phone I've ever used with outlook, it's seamless.

I looked at a few tablets today. I absolutely love Apple products but I didn't see anything that could justify the price difference for an iPad.

At the beginning there was definitely a difference. When tablets hit, the iPad did things and was capable of more than the Android format was. In my opinion (and only mine), they have been surpassed. The open ability and the widgets that have come out make it a very awesome resource.

Plus the Nexus 7 is priced nearly half of the iPad mini and its faster, with a better screen and they both are capable of similar things.

This thing is incredible so far, just got done doing some drawing and photo tweaking with the pen, I don't remember being this excited about my iPhone. It's the best phone I've ever used with outlook, it's seamless.

Just wait until you really dive in with the pen. Its features are awesome. I have been using it for a lot of photo stuff myself.

At the beginning there was definitely a difference. When tablets hit, the iPad did things and was capable of more than the Android format was. In my opinion (and only mine), they have been surpassed. The open ability and the widgets that have come out make it a very awesome resource.

Plus the Nexus 7 is priced nearly half of the iPad mini and its faster, with a better screen and they both are capable of similar things.
How has the battery life on the 7 been?

It really is a shame that Apple shoved the 64bit processor in to the mini, yet dont utilize it at all by only giving it 1gb of Ram

It really is a shame that Apple shoved the 64bit processor in to the mini, yet dont utilize it at all by only giving it 1gb of Ram

Pretty darn good. I'm getting plenty (got 8 hours of video playing). Best part is is no stupid trickle charge.

Pretty darn good. I'm getting plenty (got 8 hours of video playing). Best part is is no stupid trickle charge.
Stupid trickle charge, hate it.

Im close to pulling the trigger on the 7. I think the size might be perfect for what I want at work.

However, I am looking at changing our point of sale program come first of next year, and need to read up on tablet usage with the different programs I am looking in to.

Stupid trickle charge, hate it.

Im close to pulling the trigger on the 7. I think the size might be perfect for what I want at work.

However, I am looking at changing our point of sale program come first of next year, and need to read up on tablet usage with the different programs I am looking in to.

I have access to a copy of Microsoft POS. I can get to you free of charge. Let me know when you get closer.

I have access to a copy of Microsoft POS. I can get to you free of charge. Let me know when you get closer.
Thanks, Trevor. I'll definitely let you know.

I never get this complaint about the ram. If the os is optimized and manages memory efficiently, what's the problem?

Well it looks like I'll be getting a Nexus 5 tomorrow. I can get it for 50 bucks on a really reasonable (relatively speaking) plan so it's really the only route that makes sense for me right now.

Any of you guys rocking a Nexus 5 and have any thoughts? I know it's quite new but figured I'd check.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back