Electronics Pondering

Status
Not open for further replies.
Electronics Pondering

I want the surface pro 4, it's no longer in the ponder faze, it's now in the save up for it faze

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The edit is now to ponder what specs I need vs what specs I want

I've been out of the Android game for too long, not even sure which one I would want.

Doing the THP Radio Podcast on location can be both fun and challenging. To combat that, we picked up the Zoom H4N which is a fantastic audio recorder handling professional mics. The problem is our studio mics just are too big and fragile to bring on the road, so that meant something else. Already had one Sennheiser E835 mic that we use for THP TV, so that one works great, just picked up a second one so that each person on the podcast (host and guest) has their own directional mic. Would love to be able to get full stands and screens to bring with me, but its just too much.

I have a feeling in the future, I will switch to XLR Headset Mics, but good ones cost ridiculous sums right now.

*researching.

I still think the LG G5 sounds awesome in theory but if I was going to go Android I would have issue with anything other then Nexus based on the slowness among the OEMs to deploy software updates. I mean Samsung just started rolling out Marshmallow to G6 devices 6 months after it was released.

I still think the LG G5 sounds awesome in theory but if I was going to go Android I would have issue with anything other then Nexus based on the slowness among the OEMs to deploy software updates. I mean Samsung just started rolling out Marshmallow to G6 devices 6 months after it was released.
But the Nexus is 6 months old, that's now how Beags rolls.

Exactly.

I need new.
I figured, but I do agree with him, my next phone will likely be another Nexus. But I don't think waiting is in your MO either.

Stopped bye a Best Buy two days ago. Realized my 3 yr Samsung pic looks like a tube tv picture compared to these 4K oled, uhed tv's they have out now. Btw watching golf on a 65' Samsung top of line tv looks to real.

Anyone using the Vivaldi browser? It looks pretty killer.

It reminds me of the old Opera.
Apparently it's the same creator. The stacked tabs and side by side browsing sound awesome.

Doing the THP Radio Podcast on location can be both fun and challenging. To combat that, we picked up the Zoom H4N which is a fantastic audio recorder handling professional mics. The problem is our studio mics just are too big and fragile to bring on the road, so that meant something else. Already had one Sennheiser E835 mic that we use for THP TV, so that one works great, just picked up a second one so that each person on the podcast (host and guest) has their own directional mic. Would love to be able to get full stands and screens to bring with me, but its just too much.

I have a feeling in the future, I will switch to XLR Headset Mics, but good ones cost ridiculous sums right now.

I record audio on the fly for a living. Give a shout anytime I can help. If there's anything I like shopping for as much as golf gear, it's audio equipment. :music:

I record audio on the fly for a living. Give a shout anytime I can help. If there's anything I like shopping for as much as golf gear, it's audio equipment. :music:

Thanks buddy.
Right now I am using Zoom H4N and love the device. Using 2 XLR Mics (Sennheiser) which work rather well. What you could help me with is I have an older Mackie U420D mixer that was Firewire and I want to use that with my current MacBook Pro. What type of adapter would I need? Or should I skip it, and make the Zoom H4N even when not on the road, a Preamp and go straight into the computer with that and have XLR plugged in.

It reminds me of the old Opera.

I remember when Opera Mini was the bomb on the old school blackberrys.

Stopped bye a Best Buy two days ago. Realized my 3 yr Samsung pic looks like a tube tv picture compared to these 4K oled, uhed tv's they have out now. Btw watching golf on a 65' Samsung top of line tv looks to real.

Even better on a 70"!

Will probably be a beags type ponder but the dji osmo is a want.

Will probably be a beags type ponder but the dji osmo is a want.
It's badass.

I want one too. Wont ever get one, will just have to mooch usage off JB.

Thanks buddy.
Right now I am using Zoom H4N and love the device. Using 2 XLR Mics (Sennheiser) which work rather well. What you could help me with is I have an older Mackie U420D mixer that was Firewire and I want to use that with my current MacBook Pro. What type of adapter would I need? Or should I skip it, and make the Zoom H4N even when not on the road, a Preamp and go straight into the computer with that and have XLR plugged in.

This would serve you very well. Not difficult to operate at all and the preamps are outstanding. I very familiar with their products as I use a Sound Devices 633 almost daily and it's rock solid. Also, their stuff has a fantastic reputation in the biz and customer service is second to none. You should be able to get one of these for a very reasonable price and it will pay for itself many times over.

http://www.sounddevices.com/products/portable-audio-tools/usbpre2

This would serve you very well. Not difficult to operate at all and the preamps are outstanding. I very familiar with their products as I use a Sound Devices 633 almost daily and it's rock solid. Also, their stuff has a fantastic reputation in the biz and customer service is second to none. You should be able to get one of these for a very reasonable price and it will pay for itself many times over.

http://www.sounddevices.com/products/portable-audio-tools/usbpre2

What can it do that the Mackie cant? Seems similar at quick glance, other than the USB connection.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back