Electronics Pondering

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's not really a DJ mixer like the Mackie, however it basically does the same thing, you are correct. I would either (a) skip the Mackie and record into the Zoom then upload to the computer OR (b) Run the mics into the Mackie and then from the Mackie to the MB Pro provided the MB has a FW jack. Either way, you're using either device as the preamp so you're in good shape there. I hope I'm getting the picture of what you are trying to accomplish, please let me know if this is helping.

It's not really a DJ mixer like the Mackie, however it basically does the same thing, you are correct. I would either (a) skip the Mackie and record into the Zoom then upload to the computer OR (b) Run the mics into the Mackie and then from the Mackie to the MB Pro provided the MB has a FW jack. Either way, you're using either device as the preamp so you're in good shape there. I hope I'm getting the picture of what you are trying to accomplish, please let me know if this is helping.

Do they make a FireWire to new Apple format adapter?

It's badass.

I want one too. Wont ever get one, will just have to mooch usage off JB.

i have a feeling my ponder will be like that and then when im ready to pull the trigger they will have something even more bada$$ out

AAPL getting HAMMERED!

AAPL getting HAMMERED!

Thats what happens when the flagship product is stale as week old bread. Maybe time to develop something innovative or practical.

Thats what happens when the flagship product is stale as week old bread. Maybe time to develop something innovative or practical.

They are getting murdered.
The argument now is whether or not Cook has had an impactful product since taking over. I would argue that the 6 was just that, at least for AAPL fans, but the watch went nowhere until discounts and still didnt reach projections. Tablets are down, Pro is down, and sales failed to meet number. When it hit 130, I said I should have jumped, but did that once before and of course it went crazy and then split 6 to 1. This time I should have listened to my inner self.

They are getting murdered.
The argument now is whether or not Cook has had an impactful product since taking over. I would argue that the 6 was just that, at least for AAPL fans, but the watch went nowhere until discounts and still didnt reach projections. Tablets are down, Pro is down, and sales failed to meet number. When it hit 130, I said I should have jumped, but did that once before and of course it went crazy and then split 6 to 1. This time I should have listened to my inner self.

I still have to give them some credit on the watch, $5 billion in sales in year one isnt shabby.

MacBook line is tired
iPhone line is tired
iPad line is tired
Watch needs more
AppleTV is a missed opportunity

Cook is a supply chain guy. Apple needs people who want to get weird and try things. Their competition isn't innovating either so its up to someone to reinvent the space.

I still have to give them some credit on the watch, $5 billion in sales in year one isnt shabby.

MacBook line is tired
iPhone line is tired
iPad line is tired
Watch needs more

Cook is a supply chain guy. Apple needs people who want to get weird and try things. Their competition isn't innovating either so its up to someone to reinvent the space.

I would say the competition are doing some bold things, alot of them are swing and misses. But at least they are trying things.

I would say the competition are doing some bold things, alot of them are swing and misses. But at least they are trying things.

Point out bold to me and I'll admit I am wrong. LG is the only one trying with the G5 and even that isn't moving the needle. Swapping batteries and SD cards slot isn't innovating.

I am talking something on par with multitouch.

MacBook line is tired
iPhone line is tired
iPad line is tired
Watch needs more

Im a Cook fan. For a lot of reasons.
Apple Pay has not gone where they expected yet.
Watch sold a lot, but is not used a lot.
Apple TV cant do anything because its just a supply to Itunes, and people can get 50 other devices that do that.

They have become a reactive brand, not a proactive brand...Comparing it to golf would be very similar to TaylorMade as of late in a number of ways.

With all of that said, they still have their ecosystem that lock people in I guess, and while the tablet market is virtually dead in a lot of capacities, the next wave (true pro models) will change that.

I also think people underestimate the impact their feud with the govt had to new buyers.

I also think people underestimate the impact their feud with the govt had to new buyers.

I think you overestimate the attention span of the general population:)

Point out bold to me and I'll admit I am wrong. LG is the only one trying with the G5 and even that isn't moving the needle. Swapping batteries and SD cards slot isn't innovating.

Sometimes people forget that AAPL is more than just phones (although their sales say otherwise as of late).
Edge was different. LG has been different. Note was different. Significantly better cameras is different.

I think you overestimate the attention span of the general population:)

I would argue that you are underestimating the age of a lot of iPhone users. Look around the Villages and see what people have. :D
Older generations are still very much interested in government.

the Samsung Edges, like you mentioned the G5, multiple cameras, and going back farther phablets, surface pro, front facing speaker, wallets. All new things that have been done by others first. I will give you Multitouch, that is the only big innovation brought about in recent years. Probably more things that were such big busts I am not thinking of them right now.

Some of those have been a while ago, some of them were busts, some of them were done better by Apple, but all done first by others.

Pondering replacing my very old ipad mini with something newer and a larger screen. The Mini is great for travelling with and I use it primarily to read books with or watch movies. The downside is the screen size being to small, current contender is a Ipad Air 2, I can't really justify the additional cost of the Pro 9.7 and do not really need the better camera, although the memory space would be good.

Anybody with the Garmin S4 having issues with your stats not showing up in the connect app?

I really dont need a Note 5.

You don't. You need a S7 edge. Note5 is too old for you.

I know, right? War Beagle pondering old arse cell phones is like me not pondering apple fritters each morning. It just shouldnt happen.

I know, right? War Beagle pondering old arse cell phones is like me not pondering apple fritters each morning. It just shouldnt happen.
Note 6 not due out til late fall though...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back