Equipment Pondering - W/ OEM Kevin

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rolled the Taylormade Ghost Daytona putter today, not only a sick looking club, but had great speed and feel with it.
just couldnt pull the trigger to fork over the cash, but I think thats just a matter of time

Cant believe it hasnt come down in price in the 6 months its been out

Didnt appear they had the tour model in stick, is the only difference in the 2 the weighting in the tour?

Last years have gone down in price (at least they have here) so maybe you were rolling this years? If not I'm sure they will mark them down the moment they have the 2011 model on the shelves.

Last years have gone down in price (at least they have here) so maybe you were rolling this years? If not I'm sure they will mark them down the moment they have the 2011 model on the shelves.

I think this one said Daytona 1 for $130, is that last year's?

Rolled the Taylormade Ghost Daytona putter today, not only a sick looking club, but had great speed and feel with it.
just couldnt pull the trigger to fork over the cash, but I think thats just a matter of time

Cant believe it hasnt come down in price in the 6 months its been out

Didnt appear they had the tour model in stick, is the only difference in the 2 the weighting in the tour?

Just bid on one on eBay. Rolled it last night and had such confidence in it that I had to have it. Hopefully I win!!!

Contemplating a Seemore. The best part is that JB can't smack me for getting this one!

Contemplating a Seemore. The best part is that JB can't smack me for getting this one!

Maybe you were selected because you cant have ANY excuses now when we tee it up in May for ill fitting equipment....hehe

Totally kidding. Your thread inspired putter testing. Just goes to show, you never really know what companies are paying attention and when.

Maybe you were selected because you cant have ANY excuses now when we tee it up in May for ill fitting equipment....hehe

Totally kidding. Your thread inspired putter testing. Just goes to show, you never really know what companies are paying attention and when.

No excuses needed buddy. You are going down!! Dang did I just post that?

No excuses needed buddy. You are going down!! Dang did I just post that?

Oh my friend, now I hope you win. I really do, because as you can see, I dont usually start the talk, but I will absolutely finish it. You might need a nickname...What rhymes with Pale Hundy?

I knew that was a mistake

That is just way too cool! Way to go CL!!!

I am sitting here actually laughing out loud. My wife thinks I'm an idiot. I guess I will have to make a Biggsy inspired egg drinking video now.

That is just way too cool! Way to go CL!!!

Thanks Yoccos. Pretty funny because I was almost a little too embarrassed to start that thread and now look what happened. I am very happy that it turned out this way. Makes me feel like I contributed a little bit.

I'm thinking about having a bit of a golfball shoot-out this weekend. I'm looking to pick a ball for 2011 and try and stick with it all year. I was playing the z-star and it wasnt working out great for me. I was fit for the Bridgestone Tour B330 over the z-star (see the bridgestone ball fitting thread, some serious results over the z-star) and will definitely be trying that out. I want to pick up a few other balls and really put them through the paces over the next week before my first tournament on April 10th. So far here is the list I'm planning on picking up and testing:

Bridgestone Tour B330
Nike One Tour
Taylormade Penta
Titleist Pro V1x

I'm definitely going to give the Nike 20XI a go when it comes out, but is there anything else in the meantime that I am missing from this?

Im a big fan of fitting and believe in playing what fits me, but if you want to do your own testing have fun with it for sure. It can be a lot of fun.

You have a good list, but if you are trying those, I would recommend the One Tour D over the One Tour in my opinion. I would also add the Callaway Iz

Im a big fan of fitting and believe in playing what fits me, but if you want to do your own testing have fun with it for sure. It can be a lot of fun.

You have a good list, but if you are trying those, I would recommend the One Tour D over the One Tour in my opinion. I would also add the Callaway Iz

I did the bridgestone fitting and was fit for the B330 but wanted to compare it to the other premium level balls out there (other than the Z-Star as thats what I tested the B330 against). Not sure if there is a way to compare them directly other than out on the course? I'll definitely add the callaway I(z) to the list and probably pick up a sleeve of both the One Tour and One Tour D. Any reason you suggest the D over the regular Tour?

I did the bridgestone fitting and was fit for the B330 but wanted to compare it to the other premium level balls out there (other than the Z-Star as thats what I tested the B330 against). Not sure if there is a way to compare them directly other than out on the course? I'll definitely add the callaway I(z) to the list and probably pick up a sleeve of both the One Tour and One Tour D. Any reason you suggest the D over the regular Tour?

Because it matches up with what you are playing. The One Tour would match with Pro V1, Cally Is, B330 RXS, etc...Where as the Tour D matches up wiht the 1x, B330, Cally Iz, etc...

Because it matches up with what you are playing. The One Tour would match with Pro V1, Cally Is, B330 RXS, etc...Where as the Tour D matches up wiht the 1x, B330, Cally Iz, etc...

Perfect, thanks for the explanation JB. Off to golfers warehouse now to pick up a sleeve of each!

Titleist 910 D3 or Callaway Razr Hawk Tour, dont know which to pick! Demoed both outdoors(910 for 1st time) and had ball speeds of 178-179 with the 910, but hit the Razr Hawk great as well with close numbers. Im leaning towards the 910 for the adjustability aspect alone, and the shaft I hit with it(x-flex Ahina) was great. any opinions?

Thinking about one of those white Tour Edge putters. Just can't find one to roll. I love the price and looks, but curious if it is heavy enough.........

Clam you are buying up equipment left and right and the demo day is in less than 2 months. Why not wait until you can hit everything side by side on teh range with no sales people?

Dont hate me guys, but I'm seriously pondering a belly.

Tapalatalking from Tiger 12

.....a jelly belly I hope? The tropical flavor pack is to die for.

Clam you are buying up equipment left and right and the demo day is in less than 2 months. Why not wait until you can hit everything side by side on teh range with no sales people?

I have only bought the S3 max set and the m1. I keep rotating thru my old putters and my frustation on the greens keeps growing. I was thinking that the white combined with the jumbo grip might be the solution. I still have a driver to decide on and I will leave that until the outing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back