Fantasy Football- Non THP League

Having an....interesting first 3 weeks in my league. It's an auction league ($100 budget), and I've never been in an auction league, and I have no idea how the other guys in the league value the players. So.....I somehow end up with both Tom Brady($19) and Cam Newton($18), largely as a result of me just trying to bid them up but not actually win. Well, I end up winning both, lol.

Here is the full roster:

Tom Brady ($19)
Cam Newton ($18)
Rob Gronkowski ($17)
Larry Fitzgerald ($16)
Trent Richardson ($14)
Duane Bowe ($8)
Jonathan Stewart ($3)
Eagles D ($3)
Mason Crosby ($2)

That is a thin roster.

First Week Score: 56 pts, dead last, 0-1. Stewart didn't play, got basically nothing out of Richardson, Fitz, and Bowe.

Before week 2: another guy offers me Eli Manning, Brent Celek and Roy Helu for Tom Brady, and I figure this is not a bad deal - slight downgrade at QB for a good TE who I might start 4 or 5 times this year ahead of Gronk if the matchups are right and a $5 player I can dump to acquire more roster depth.

Alas, I kind of screw up the first waiver wire session (it's a blind bid system) and end up with Larod Stephens Howling as my 3rd RB. Yikes! I have no idea how I managed to pick his name - I actually wanted to pick up Andre Brown, but I must have had one of those mouse coordination failures....and I obviously didn't double check my selections in the summary.

So Week 2 , I start Eli ahead of Cam (my thinking: Eli versus TB defense = big points)
Second Week Score: 158 points, first by a mile, 1-1. HUGE games foe Eli, Bowe, Richardson, good games for everyone else including Stewart....except nothing from Fitz....again.

I am now in the lead for high score of the year bonus.

This week....decided to drop Newton ahead of the Thursday game to give me money to bid on a real #2 RB (Cedric Benson) and some extra depth and a lower salary backup QB.

I'm catching some flak from the other guys in the league about dropping Newton. I can't fathom why these guys are worked up about it. He's just not going to be a stud this year.

Or did I give up on him too soon?

I'm sucking big time in my work league. Looking at being 0-3 after this week. Not good. :(

I'm killing it! More than likely going to 3-0 and wasting teams along the way

Injuries killed me this week. My team laid a turd.

uhhh, got smacked around today. no one on my team didn't anything. miserable...

Grant only needs 50 points from the patriots D tonight to catch me. I like my chances.

Grant only needs 50 points from the patriots D tonight to catch me. I like my chances.

Lol, in your face Grant!

Nice Kmac! I see a sibling rivalry gone south for one brother. I might eek out a victory !

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk

I am sucking at my off THP fantasy league. I think I am going to be 0-3 after tonight. Guys need to start showing up for me.

Grant I hope you're doing better in the THP league lol

Nice Kmac! I see a sibling rivalry gone south for one brother. I might eek out a victory !

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk

Rivalry? Decimation isn't a rivalry, lol

I'm a freight train boys!

Why is Bolden running the ball for the TD for the Patriots? That's awful for my fantasy team.

146 points and Beast Mode still to go! Looks like I'm poised to rule another season of FF!

Your team is looking pretty good. Glad to see mine showed up this week and that was with literally nothing from Romo.

My team was the top scoring team in my yahoo league thanks to a huge day from the cardinals defense and Torrey smith going nuts.

I need Jordy Nelson to fall on his face tonight.

So the guy Im playing gets a mere 74 points between his 2 QB's, Rothlisburger and Flacco so I find myself down by 32.5

I got a few guys going tonight, so I still have a shot.

Rodgers
Lynch
Packers D

I sit at 2-0 with 2 other teams, 1 of which has lost this week, and one of which shoudl lose after tonight. So if I can pull this off, will have a nice 1 game lead through 3 weeks!

I am so pissed at my fantasy team. I had more points on the bench than I had playing. My guys need to start being consistent rather than here and there!

I swear if rodgers lays an egg and I lose this week ill trade him

Canadan loves my signature and chutting

Down 9.96 points still let's go rodgers and lynch or heck even packers d

Canadan loves my signature and chutting

I'm up 152 to 105, lol

Back