Fantasy Hockey 2013/2014 (unofficial)

Canadan

LGND
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Handicap
Alright guys, figured since we had a thread for last years, may as well get one going for this year without clogging the NHL thread.

Last year we had some issues with people not setting their lineups, and I'd like to avoid that this year. We can create a second league for the more casual guys who want to play in a league but don't feel like committing that much. Fantasy hockey does take a fair bit of effort to keep up, so it's understandable. We'll call it the 'casual' league.

For those in the more committed league, I don't want to use money as an incentive because I don't feel like handling it, so maybe instead we all agree to the terms that if we don't set our lineups actively (within reason - missing a day isn't the end of the world) the group gets to decide on a replacement avatar and THP slogan (tasteful of course) until a full week of activity is achieved, or a league champion is crowned (whichever comes first). This will not be utilized in the casual league.

There was a list created in the NHL thread, but let's get it fresh here so we can all agree on the terms above (or amended ones). I'll edit the first post as the league(s) are populated and create the Yahoo league when the time comes and we agree on a draft date.

League 1
1. Canadan - Taking a Wisniewski
2. Tbonafide - Party in the back
3. Thainer21 - I was Olli Jokinen
4. JTNumbers - I got blurred lines
5. TyNo - Don't Toews Me Bro
6. MPLefty -
7. Braddman19 - Stammer of the Gods
8. Howzat - Weekend at Bernier's
9. TheCrest4 - Ovie's Army
10. TheHeez - Getzlaf's Bald Spot
11. Scrap Iron - Grabner A$$
12. Golf Ghost - Zidlicky My Balls

Casual League
1. IceyShanks
2. DevRickus
3. WarEagle
4. jlukes
5. marcv68
6. sternalot
7. Canadan
8. DCBrad

Last edited:
Count me in the active league.

Put me in the competitive league.

Sorry for not setting my lineup, Dan. I tried for a while, but just didnt know what the heck I was doing.

Sorry for not setting my lineup, Dan. I tried for a while, but just didnt know what the heck I was doing.

I thought it was awesome some of you guys took the plunge into FH. That's why I think the casual league will be a great addition. Play again dude!

I will join the casual league only if Ryan does.

Sign me up for the casual.

Thanks for setting it up Dan.

I will join the casual league only if Ryan does.
My rules will be the same as last year;

1. I will only draft best available.
2. My lineup will be like an infomercial; Set it and forget it!
3. I will not make trades or pick up people on waivers.

:alien:

Sounds like a perfect fit for casual, come on now, you know you want to!!!

Count me and Ryan in the casual league

Already done. you have no more excuses.

No excuses. Just dont want to make any of the serious FF guys angry with my lack of caring.

i like hockey.

put me in the man's league. the one with all the men in it.

i bet WarEagle still embarrasses Ricky...

count me in the active league as well!

That is quite hilarious coming from a Buffaslug fan. Wanna make a bet the Devils finish ahead of the Buffaturds?

I would love to be in either league if there are still slots available.

Preferably the competitive, but anywhere there is an open slot would work as well !

count me in the active league as well!

Got you!

I would love to be in either league if there are still slots available.

Preferably the competitive, but anywhere there is an open slot would work as well !

There is room in both Braddman! You pick whether you intend to be active all year or whether you may slip a bit. Just let us know.

It depends on how active you want to be bud!

TTing

What I mean is, put me in the competitive is there is a slot available.

Fantasy Hockey is a ball, I am in a league that has been going for 20 year here in Manitoba, so participation is not an issue at all.

That is quite hilarious coming from a Buffaslug fan. Wanna make a bet the Devils finish ahead of the Buffaturds?
I am a Sabres fan and I wouldn't go near that bet. Going to be long season in Buffalo this year.

I am a Sabres fan and I wouldn't go near that bet. Going to be long season in Buffalo this year.

If they would stop mishandling their players so much, they would be better off. Myers has really suffered since his rookie season (injuries have played a part), and the Grigorenko screw up last year (burning a year of his ELC) could really hurt them down the line. Realistically though, the team goes nowhere unless Miller performs up to the level he did a couple years ago.

Back