Favorite Baseball Player Of All Time

He was, and nobody ever saw them both in the same room.

It was a big thing to "Americanize" him when he first came up. It wasn't until later in his career that he had the clout to insist he be known as Roberto.

I only remember two current events making me cry when I was growing up: when the Apollo 1 astronauts died on the launch pad, and when Clemente's plane went down in Puerto Rico.

202A0087-29B8-4442-8C7C-27D8E5D882E0.jpeg

4e7fa91eda3c5.image.jpg

.... And it is not even close.

Second Babe Ruth, the pitcher, outfielder and hitter.
Love to see the modern day home run hitters hit the ball Ruth hit for all his homers.
Same with modern day pitchers pitching same original ball as well as modern day outfielders with rocket launcher arms make the throw to third or home with original ball.
It is said that the Leewood Avenue entrance to Bronx River Parkway was made for him to get to Yankee Stadium on time gameday as he liked to play a round before games at Leewood CC.

Growing up in the twin cites mine is Kirby Puckett

Willie Mays, no one else is even close!

williemays-swing-Copy.jpg

mlb_mays1_800.jpg

willie-mays-makes-his-famous-catch-off-new-york-daily-news-archive.jpg

Long time Reds fan here. This guy was my favorite and way better shortstop than the overrated Ozzie Smith.

b6ee302d-a9bf-4cb0-8e3a-5f3b2b4a1a18-CINCpt_04-24-2016_Specbroad1_1_I017__2016_04_11_IMG_1990_...jpg

Loathe baseball now.

But, as a kid, it was Jeff Bagwell.

It’s a boring game my guy, and a dying sport that’s only gonna get worse thanks to AAU/travel ball with kids playing 82 games in COACH PITCH now. But that’s a different thread.

Bite me @ddec

It’s a boring game my guy, and a dying sport that’s only gonna get worse thanks to AAU/travel ball with kids playing 82 games in COACH PITCH now. But that’s a different thread.

Bite me @ddec

Boring is relative... I think Soccer is boring, but a lot of people would disagree with me.

I can't disagree that viewership is in decline, although they are seeing some solid improvements this year over 2018-2019 (won't count 2020 because of the shortened season).

Either way, not the thread for it haha

Kirby Puckett

Definitely Griffey, but he was a player that transcended teams and regions so it's not a Seattle specific thing. Edgar Martinez is my clear #2.

"The Double" call by the late Dave Niehaus still gives me chills --

Definitely Griffey, but he was a player that transcended teams and regions so it's not a Seattle specific thing. Edgar Martinez is my clear #2.

Edgar used to destroy the Yankees. Dude was such a good hitter.

Chipper Jones for the sole reason that he was really nice to me before a game when I was a little kid.

I tried to take the high road and act like I shunned him after the corked bat/steroids incident but I cant change the fact I idolized this guy growing up, wore 21 in sports because of him, and is what made me fall in love with the cubs. my grandfather passed away when I was 10 and a lot of my most vivid memories of him were watching the cubs and cheering on Sammy.

Bite me @ddec

I'm going to headbutt you. Well, maybe not. I'm smarter than that.

Loathe baseball now.

But, as a kid, it was Jeff Bagwell.
Agreed and as a kid, all I wanted to do was work for team and got a job offer for the Rays way back when.

As a younger person. Yaz or historically Ted Williams.

Edgar used to destroy the Yankees. Dude was such a good hitter.
Incredibly patient with such a good eye. Like Tony Gwynn, they made careers off of never having a bad at bat or being an easy out. They say he use to put a number on each ball for batting practice and call out what the number was when he hit it to train his focus.

As far as the Yankees were concerned, I was always envious of the Yankees success. But yeah, Edgar Martinez faced Mariano Rivera 23 times in his career. He batted .579/.652/1.053 w/ 3 doubles and 2 HR. "He had more than my number. He had my breakfast, lunch, and dinner. He got everything from me." - Mariano Rivera (2003)

The Yankees as a franchise surrendered 22 homers and 158 hits to him.

Griffey Jr as a pure fan and Biggio from a local perspective.

I'm not from Seattle and I was young when this call actually happened, but it is one of the best. And honestly I first hear it from Macklemore's song "My Oh My". I assume youre familiar with that, but I love that song. He brings such nostalgia to the moment & thats coming from a non PNW'er.

Pudge Rodriquez and Cal Ripken Jr

Ernie....

1631823486687.png

Back