Favorite Feature of a Golf Bag

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Im going to be changing out my golf bag pretty soon as it has been a whole and am thinking about the different features I am looking for. It got me wondering how people choose their bags and what features are must have for them.

Im going to be changing out my golf bag pretty soon as it has been a whole and am thinking about the different features I am looking for. It got me wondering how people choose their bags and what features are must have for them.
Full length dividers is the #1 item for me.

I play Jumbo grips, and if I don't have full length dividers, I will pull up 5 clubs instead of 1.

I also like 14 slots. Helps me keep track of all my clubs. @LoffKat was using my 60* this weekend, and when I came back to my bag and it wasn't there, I was hyperventilating, even though I knew she had it.

Pockets, and ease of getting clubs out. I hate the weight of a staff bag, but man is it nice with how quickly you can get clubs out and as well as how much you can store stuff.

I will NEVER even entertain the idea of using a bag without 14 way, full length dividers. I get so irritated when I can't put a club back in without forcing it, and then have 3 clubs come out when I try to extract one.

I love the micro suede material on mine. So easy to clean even when its white. Wipes right off and stays bright.

Add me to the 14 slot group! Doesn't necessarily need to be full length, but helps a lot! Visually it keeps me at ease when I can do a quick glance at my bag and know I have no clubs missing. Another must is a lot of pockets for storage, as I like to keep my personal items separated from my golfing stuff, the more smaller pockets the better.

14 full length dividers for me also!

Add me to the 14 slot group! Doesn't necessarily need to be full length, but helps a lot! Visually it keeps me at ease when I can do a quick glance at my bag and know I have no clubs missing. Another must is a lot of pockets for storage, as I like to keep my personal items separated from my golfing stuff, the more smaller pockets the better.
Same thing for me

I'm so picky about golf bags and still haven't found one I'm very happy with. But these are the features I would like.

Cart bag with legs
Full length dividers
Putter well
Cooler on the front to hold a couple beverages with drainage holes
Not too wide so it actually fits on a driving cart
Magnetic towel attachment
Front valuables pouch

So far the one that has come the closest is the Ogio Alpha Convoy but I haven't dropped the coin yet.

I got a cart bag with 14 full length dividers thinking that was going to solve my golf bag frustrations. Honestly wish I would have gone with a carry bag again. I seem to not care for the 14 way divider at the top of my bag as much as I thought I would. I think I would go with something that is reasonably light with a comfortable carry strap.

layout/dividers. Pretty much the only thing I really care about other than the actual looks of the bag.

JB..what are you leaning towards right now? i'm in the market for a new bag as well

Enough pockets to hold all my stuff and a comfy double strap.

#Team14WayDividers

JB..what are you leaning towards right now? i'm in the market for a new bag as well

Im not sure, but I am definitely a different market than our community I guess.
Im not interested in 14 full length dividers at all honestly :oops:

i hate the layout on my current bag, so that'll be first with next, never had full length dividers so not sure what i'm missing.

I just switched to a cart bag from a walking bag and have to agree that the 14 way dividers have been a staple in my bag as long as I can remember. In the cart bag I like having a decent cooler pocket for a few beverages. The last thing I really look for is a sturdy handle on the front of the bag. It makes loading it in and out of the truck and onto the cart much easier, especially when its fully loaded.

Weight because I enjoy carrying my own clubs.

Im not sure, but I am definitely a different market than our community I guess.
Im not interested in 14 full length dividers at all honestly :oops:
Do you mostly walk? my clubs get beat to death in anything but a 14 way bag when i ride

14 way stand bag for me. Needs to have enough pockets so you aren't cramming the extra stuff in to one big pocket.

Add me to the 14 full length divider group. With my current bag, this is what is my biggest gripe with it. Crossed up clubs always make it challenging to get them all in sometimes.

For me it's these because I prefer to walk....Good Water Bottle holder, comfortable straps, good stand mechanism. Good zippers or a magnetic enclosure are also a must.

Back