Favorite Luggage Brand

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Do you have a favorite luggage brand? Who is it and what are the reasons?

Several Ogio luggage bags. They are great and should last quite a long time.

Samsonite...Good quality carryon roller which has logged a ton of miles. Reasonably priced.

Travelpro

For personal luggage I’m partial to Samsonite right now but haven’t really tried all that many. In particular, I like their Hard Side Spinner lines.

Do you have a favorite luggage brand? Who is it and what are the reasons?

My favorite brand is the one I can get the best bang for the buck. I love my SKB hard golf case, but willing to try a soft case if I ever need a new one. I'm not picky for a regular piece of luggage.

Both my wife and I have Hartmann pieces, some of which are 20 years old. The durability is fantastic but Hartmann is pricey and the quality in the last couple of pieces has not been good.

I like the Ogio stuff, and the Stitch UGB, but we just bought a couple of 4-wheeled roll-on spinners, and larger roller bags, that are fantastic. They may not last 10 years but at the price point, they don't have too.

I'm done checking expensive luggage.

Currently it’s Osprey. I picked up the largest size that can fly domestically for a 15 day multi sport Europe vacation. It has just preformed.

We have quite the hodgepodge of luggage. I think Travel Pro and Victorinox are my favorites. I have really liked the Ogio pieces I have seen as well.

My bride travels a lot. We heard a podcast for AWAY luggage. I bought her a carry on for our anniversary. She loves it. Light, nimble, has a detachable battery to charge your electronics. Pretty cool. I’m still Ogio and Tumi.

I’ve been using Tumi for many, many years. They’re basic ballistic models. I’ve done 5-6 around the world trips with them, moved from one country to another and they have stood the test of time. If you go that route, make sure they still have the same exceptional warranty. I’ve had mine repaired for cracked frames, zippers, etc, all due to many thousands of miles between repairs and they were always either warrantied or repaired reasonably.

I’ll use anything but Away. After reading an article about that awful monster who runs the place I just can’t give them my business.

Ogio is holding the #1 spot right now. I've never been one to go high dollar on luggage so I'm not comparing to any premium brands. That said, Ogio gives me all of the durability I want and the creative designs I need. Love their lines.

No favorite yet, have always bought cheap, but I need to replace my tattered no name suitcase so I will be following this thread.

I really like the OGIO stuff after the re-launch last year. It’s really well designed, and has a lot of nice features. Generally well thought out. Everything I’ve had seems quite well made too.

I’m a big fan of the new Ogio stuff too, but haven’t bought any yet. We’ve got some luggage that’s lasted us a good long time, it’s not quite as fancy as some people I know though.....

F4C25200-A18D-42AF-99C2-765F57BCDD08.jpeg

Tumi. This one is a Delta gift. Favorite thing about Tumi is their durability. This case has been in service for 2+ years and wheels, zippers, and clasps feel new.

image.jpg

I just picked up a Luggage Works roller and I love it. They're pricey, but pretty much the unofficial industry standard for airline pilots due to their durability and excellent customer service. Frequent travelers should check them out.

I don't, lately my purchased have been primarily price based

TUMI .....Briggs &Riley are at 5he top for me.

Both incredibly well made and designed. Both have great warranties. (Riley is lifetime) they’re just the tops in my book.

I’ve had some LL Bean stuff that was good but now it’s mostly Tumi. They look great have a ton of features and a warranty to back them up.

luggage is like anything else and when you use it all the time you appreciate the small stuff.

Tumi. Whole house full. I’ve only had one issue (thanks American) but it is cosmetic only. Solid durability.

I’ve got my Walmart cheapie Jeep brand rolling duffel for when I go to the Middle East. I hope I don’t have to go there anymore.

My wife and I picked up 2 sets from Costco. The warranty can’t be beat. Returnable forever. We haven’t had any issues with the bags. I think they’re the samsonite hard side bags. They’ve been on an Alaskan cruise and have flown a couple times.

Back