Favorite movie few people have heard of

A few in no particular order...
Ruthless People
The Cooler
Timeline
Billy Jack
Ruthless People was great! Definitely one of Danny DeVito's funniest parts ever.

Robin and Marian. Wonderful movie about an aged Robin Hood played by Sean Connery. Audrey Hepburn and Robert Shaw are also in it.
Long Gone. HBO movie with William Petersen. Similar to to Bull Durham but better.
Swashbuckler. Pirate movie with Robert Shaw.
Everybody’s All-American. Dennis Quaid plays a college football star. Great flick.

Last edited:
Pentagon Wars with Kelsey Grammer and Cary Elwes.

Definitely Billy Jack.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm sorry. As a kid, I loved Billy Jack. I thought it was the best movie ever made.

When I saw it coming on TV one night, I told my wife how good it was and we sat down excitedly to watch it. Eight-year-old me apparently only saw the karate scenes. The story is agonizingly slow, and the acting horrifically bad. It will always have a nostalgic place in my memory, but I'll never put myself through the pain of watching it again.

Mall rats has been mentioned, so I’ll go with major payne. Just hilarious back in the day.

I'm sorry. As a kid, I loved Billy Jack. I thought it was the best movie ever made.

When I saw it coming on TV one night, I told my wife how good it was and we sat down excitedly to watch it. Eight-year-old me apparently only saw the karate scenes. The story is agonizingly slow, and the acting horrifically bad. It will always have a nostalgic place in my memory, but I'll never put myself through the pain of watching it again.

I understand. It has the same nostalgia value for me.

I didn’t see listed, but maybe too well known is the the fantastic They Live.

Roddy Piper with the iconic line of “I have come here to chew bubblegum and kick ass…and I'm all out of bubblegum." will live on forever.

Plus, the wrestling scene with Piper and Frank to just get his friend Frank to try on the special seeing classes was maybe one of the best I have ever seen. Suplex for the win

Last edited:
Brotherhood of the Rose

“Waiting”. I stumbled on this one night on cable and it was hilarious.

Probably more of a documentary, but Free Solo was awesome.

1571252861452.jpeg

Gallipoli.

Fallen and A Knight's Tale

PCU - Jeremy Piven's early days
Marked for Death - Steven Segal
Labyrinth - How can you go wrong with Jim Henson and David Bowie?
Ski Patrol
Better off Dead

Brick

I watched the movie about a billion times around the time it was released.

The Idolmaker with Ray Sharkey. When Elvis was away while in the Army, he tried to create the next big sensation in the music world. He is fabulous in the role. He was also great as Sonny Steelgrave in the Wiseguy TV series.

the-jerkoffian-times-rad-bmx-covershot.jpg

80’s BMX flick.
Awesome. A guy I used to work with was in that movie. He was one of the pros on the starting line at the end.

strange brew.jpg

Take off eh!

Solomon Kane

Serenity

For Love or Money

The Ref

Predestination

August Rush

Shoot 'Em Up

Lock, Stock and Two Smoking Barrels

Secondhand Lions

Attack The Block