Favorite Pro Shop You Have Been To?

Dormie Club and Briggs Ranch stand out for me. Whistling Straits was really good as well!

My favorite is University Ridge in Madison. Beautiful scenery looking over the course and being a huge Badger fan, they offer tons of Bucky gear IMG_5192.jpegIMG_5193.jpeg

I'd probably say Dormie Club. There were just so many cool things in there and the apparel selection was really good. I basically found something new I wanted every time I went in there. Ballyhack would be a close second for me.

Dormie Club for me. The size of it, the selection, the scent. We had multiple people at the Budget Golf Championship checking things out and it never felt crowded. Went back 3-4 times in 3 days and you could almost always find something you hadn't noticed before.

Hideaway comes to mind..

Tobacco Road

Wow… Old Course, Pinehurst, Bay Hill, Oakland Hills.

One of the things that I think is often so overlooked is not being cramped in a tiny space if you have two foursomes looking around. As an example, Victoria National and the Hideaway are both amazing shops, but also quite small.
Hideaway is very small and add in rabid THPers and it’s quite cramped.

Briggs Ranch for me. Victoria National was good but small. I also really liked Fallen Oak in Biloxi, MS as they had a good selection of quality stuff.

I might say Pebble Beach, just for sheer quantity of goods and selection. If you got to play there you could definitely load up on a wide selection of goodies.

Pine Valley-just because.

I also like pro-shops that are their stand alone buildings like Baltusrol and Winged Foot.

Tobacco Road. Has everything.
Although I didn't purchase much there, I liked the pro shop at Pinehurst.

I was disappointed in both Tobacco Road and Pinehurst. they were both nice, but not legendary. plenty of cool stuff but just wasn't a lot that spoke to me.
on the plus side they were both spacious, comfortable, and easy to browse around in. i really liked the food options from the counter at Tobacco Road, and at Pinehurst the overall clubhouse was downright killer with the history, the pictures, the feel of it all. and the locker room was so, so good. "i wonder if Nicklaus...sat...here once too?"

the pro shop at Dormie Club was truly great, lots of choices in styles and brands, a killer sale rack, and immediate access to the locker room to try things on. it felt like a new experience every time you walked through as stock was updated. and it smelled really, really good.

i'll be at Payne's Valley on Saturday so very interested in checking that one out. they have a 3D walkthrough of it on their website. they also have a shop at the turn that's only accessible if you're playing the course and apparently offers items only sold there. that kind of exclusivity is cool.

Pebble. It's massive. There is a great selection of merch with a nice spread in prices. The high end brands and items get expensive with some quickness, especially at the Nantz Pebble shop.

Dormie Club is right there, albeit it smaller, for all the reasons stated above. For such an exclusive course, the prices are remarkably restrained.

Spring Creek Ranch outside Memphis has a fantastic shop. Plenty of merch from all the brands you'd expect at an uber-private club and room to move around. Alas, it just smells like a regular pro shop.

The shop at Briggs is very good but is also pretty small.

It's been a minute but I recall the Conservatory and Ocean courses having a nice selection

I liked the shop at Pinehurst but it, and Pebble, can be a little overwhelming there is so much stuff.

I was disappointed in both Tobacco Road and Pinehurst. they were both nice, but not legendary. plenty of cool stuff but just wasn't a lot that spoke to me.
on the plus side they were both spacious, comfortable, and easy to browse around in. i really liked the food options from the counter at Tobacco Road, and at Pinehurst the overall clubhouse was downright killer with the history, the pictures, the feel of it all. and the locker room was so, so good. "i wonder if Nicklaus...sat...here once too?"
I agree iwth this completely.

Most pro shops are pretty similar and have the same stuff with different logos. The Hideaway was awesome because Grandaddy. But the pro shop itself was super tiny and crowded feeling. There was stuff kind of spilling out side from a few door... Some awesome stuff though..

Hideaway hands down.

I might say Pebble Beach, just for sheer quantity of goods and selection. If you got to play there you could definitely load up on a wide selection of goodies.
Pebble Beach is amazing. I only bought a ball marker because I wasn't there for a round but I definitely spent quite a bit of time walking through it.

Half Moon Bay has a pretty good one and Briggs Ranch is great.

Briggs Ranch was pretty dang good

Briggs Ranch set a high bar in terms of selection & service. The staff was super helpful, and I thought it was a nice touch by them to see other products I maybe had missed and show them to me (and remember my size!).

Briggs Ranch set a high bar in terms of selection & service. The staff was super helpful, and I thought it was a nice touch by them to see other products I maybe had missed and show them to me (and remember my size!).
The level of service in the 2 Dormie pro shops I've visited is exceptional. Aleeja at Briggs helped me well after the fact to grab a couple of things I wanted to get but overlooked.

Good to see you back bro πŸ‘Š
You Got This Hat GIF by Pudgy Penguins

The Baltusrol pro shop is very nice. A lot of stuff in there, lots of clothes.....lots of stuff to buy as souvenirs like headcovers and stuff.

It's a pretty big store also

Back