Favorite Pro Shop You Have Been To?

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Some are great. Some are not. Some are spectacular. What is your favorite you have been to and why?

The Hideaway. They had so much high quality products packed in there. It had a unique smell and the staff was friendly. I still need to call there and buy some more things.

Hideaway. Although I would hesitate to include the pro shop in their top 5 amenities, it was awesome to see that logo on everything. Maybe it was just cramped with 24 people in there lol

The Hideaway for me also. It's far from the biggest I've been in, but quality and variety of products was amazing and the staff was awesome.

I don't think it gets better than Firestone. Corporate member and people love seeing the logo around here. They have great merchandise and good sales.

I'd say it's the Hideaway staff and the reason we got to go.

But since that's the only one so far, I'm going to say Ballyhack. The size of the shop, the quality of items with essentially no markup on price compared to "stock" items without the logo, and the scent. oh man the scent. The staff there top notch as well.

So Hideaway and/or Ballyhack

so far Ballyhack...lots of stuff to choose from ...wide range of prices..great quality products

Although I didn't purchase much there, I liked the pro shop at Pinehurst.

I don't think it gets better than Firestone. Corporate member and people love seeing the logo around here. They have great merchandise and good sales.
Its interesting, I enjoyed that one, but it wouldnt make my top 10.
I think the one you were at in Vegas, Cascata was significantly stronger in quality.

I think the best for me was Briggs, maybe because it's fresh in mind. Just laid out like a neat boutique and the smell....

Dormie Club’s was really good. Lots of top brands, plenty of sizes, and a good variety of options from clothes, headcovers, ball markers, etc.

Dormie Club’s was really good. Lots of top brands, plenty of sizes, and a good variety of options from clothes, headcovers, ball markers, etc.
That one might be the top for me because of sheer size, layout and selection. Its just so easy to mull around forever and find new things.

Briggs Ranch was fantastic!

I really liked Victoria National. It was small but there was so much stuff in it that you always felt like you were finding something new.

I also really liked Mid Pines pro shop

Scioto CC near Columbus OH for me.

A ton of really good merchandise with a wide variety of options.

But the other reason is simply the history there and how they include that in merch. It’s Jack’s home course as a kid and they have hosted a plethora of majors and they find a way to incorporate that into a lot of their offerings.

I like Jimmie Austin because most everything there has OU logos.

Most of those ones I've been in have been ho-hum, just your standard fare. I love my home club, but the pro shop isn't anything special. The staff is fantastic though.

If I had to choose one, I'd say Owl's Nest in New Hampshire. Good size, well stocked and I love the simplicity of their logo.

I'd expect my answer is going to change in about 60 days when I visit Ballyhack.

The main Bandon Dunes shop is pretty well stocked with a lot of different things. Carnoustie was also pretty good, huge. Royal County Down had a pretty large footprint as well but I don't remember there being a lot of stuff I was interested in.

Hideaway- it lives up to the hype

That one might be the top for me because of sheer size, layout and selection. Its just so easy to mull around forever and find new things.
I was going to say something similar. It has a fantastic selection, a great use of the branding, and has items for every budget and use. it also has a curated smell which is the cherry on top.

Yeah. I like how there is space to move around. It’s good and bad when you keep finding things.

Yeah. I like how there is space to move around. It’s good and bad when you keep finding things.
One of the things that I think is often so overlooked is not being cramped in a tiny space if you have two foursomes looking around. As an example, Victoria National and the Hideaway are both amazing shops, but also quite small.

The Hideaway for its exclusivity, Ballyhack for the fact that is has so much freaking awesome.

Back