Feedback Journal Thread - The HandCrafted Experience w/ Project X

That's a standard afternoon in Texas, I hear.

It's gonna be an awesome follow when the live thread fires up.

Black Tie Not Optional!

Golf clothes are fine. The big thing is you must wear closed toed shoes to be allowed into the factory. As much as I wish I could all cruise around in Reefs, we don't want anyone loosing a toe.

Also, if you wear a competing companies golf shirt, you will get the privilege of watching your Handcrafted Shaft cure, from inside the 300° F oven!!!!!

You will be getting a PM with this info as well.
Two things, nobody wants to see your feet, trust me.
And Dont wear competing company gear or Yankees gear.

All that said, you should be fine.

Wait no Yankees gear allowed?

You will be getting a PM with this info as well.
Two things, nobody wants to see your feet, trust me.
And Dont wear competing company gear or Yankees gear.

All that said, you should be fine.

Wait no Yankees gear allowed?

As long as it's approved, my shaft design has a Yankees element to it. Hope DB doesn't read this :alien:...

Got out today for a driver fitting. First time I've ever been on a "Real" monitor. Want to write it up on my computer and won't be home till late tonight. I will say I learned A TON from this and was pretty eye opening some of the results...

Went to my local golf store today to get some numbers and the launch monitor was broke :/

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Went to my local golf store today to get some numbers and the launch monitor was broke :/

Dang that sucks! I'm hoping to get on the really good monitor the Nike center has, but if I can't get in there I'll go to the shop to at least get a rough idea.

Maybe Barry and I can find a place with one Wednesday morning before our afternoon round at Torrey.

Dont worry about the numbers guys. We said this from day 1 including getting a fitting heading in. This was a post from Don a while back. Stick with this stuff and you will have all of the info you need.

The most important question is ball flight. Too High/Too Low? Secondly is stiffness, does it feel like this shaft is too stiff or too soft for me? After those two, feel on off center hits, total club weight and other feel only based questions based on how important those factors are too you.

Aye aye cap'n.

Dont worry about the numbers guys. We said this from day 1 including getting a fitting heading in. This was a post from Don a while back. Stick with this stuff and you will have all of the info you need.

The most important question is ball flight. Too High/Too Low? Secondly is stiffness, does it feel like this shaft is too stiff or too soft for me? After those two, feel on off center hits, total club weight and other feel only based questions based on how important those factors are too you.
I think this could be a good guideline for the Grandura testers too. Gonna just go based off what I'm seeing and feeling

If we're going on this, ball flight could be a touch higher and the shaft is a touch too stiff. Weight's good as is overall bend profile.

I guess I just have a tough time, as someone with an engineering background, believing that I can dial a shaft in to optimize distance and dispersion without any numbers whatsoever. I say this knowing full well that the PX guys are WAY smarter than me and that I will most likely be proven wrong, but I feel like I will have an easier time knowing whether (for example) my launch is actually too low if I have my actual degrees of launch angle in front of me.

I SAID NO TASTING THE SHAFTS!!!

As for the launch monitor question, I think it would be better to get a little bit of time in first as your launch monitor numbers may skew your opinions one way or the other depending on how the numbers turn out. As the event gets closer if you want to get some numbers so we can dial in your ball flight a little more that would be fine.

DB

This was what I tried to follow. I averaged 3 rounds and 3 range sessions per week since the baseline shaft came in. I really had a good idea of trajectory, distance and dispersion. Today on the monitor I got some hard numbers and it allowed me to really focus on feel more knowing each shot was recorded. I'll have a write-up later on my experience but I feel it was beneficial for me after having really thoroughly tested this shaft on the course and range the last month.

This was what I tried to follow. I averaged 3 rounds and 3 range sessions per week since the baseline shaft came in. I really had a good idea of trajectory, distance and dispersion. Today on the monitor I got some hard numbers and it allowed me to really focus on feel more knowing each shot was recorded. I'll have a write-up later on my experience but I feel it was beneficial for me after having really thoroughly tested this shaft on the course and range the last month.

My thoughts as well. I have a pretty good idea what I think right now without numbers, so it will be good to see how the hard data shakes out with my less scientific impressions.

As long as it's approved, my shaft design has a Yankees element to it. Hope DB doesn't read this :alien:...

It sounds like we may have another opening coming up soon as StanTheCaddy is poking the bear.

It sounds like we may have another opening coming up soon as StanTheCaddy is poking the bear.

Just so happens with an event like this, the waiting list is rather epicly long.
Probably wont even notice when you cure his shaft in ladies flex.

Just so happens with an event like this, the waiting list is rather epicly long.

The design I plan on sending JB. The white parts with the navy blue stripes aren't Yankees pinstripes, promise :foot-in-mouth:

dc190921d26a5d167d5364b60dc4afb2.jpg

c1d244a062039440b2c967956c5dc7ae.jpg

I can remove if this isn't the appropriate place but this was a mock up of an idea of mine. Going for a zombie biohazard theme. Yellow would be darker and loved the idea of the small biohazard and thp logos at the top of the shaft with the handcrafted logo similar to there handcrafted shafts they already make. The X would be red and maybe have the look of blood dripping from it and the bottom would be like a blood mist lol. Kind of gory but goes with the zombie theme I wanted. Not the best artist hoping to get a little help from the project x team on that front. Just one of my ideas so far but really liking the yellow idea somehow in it.

Edit: or maybe a combined THP logo with the biohazard symbol. Not sure how you would feel about me changing it slightly to match the theme JB.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Please make sure to email the design over to admin at thehackersparadise.com

That's pretty killer looking Awk. Will probably try to similarly sketch something up tonight!

I have a feeling a lot of us will be surprised when they tell us something like "your test shaft was 40 grams in ladies flex" or something along those lines.

Got out today for 18 holes and put the LZ stock shaft back in the driver. Had some good swings and some bad ones, but didn't have a single fade. So I think I will ask to have 1/2 inch cut off the length of the shaft I have built. Flex wise, I think the test shaft may be either a tad stiffer or tad heaver. Just guessing. Going to get a couple of rounds in with the test shaft over the weekend.

I have a feeling a lot of us will be surprised when they tell us something like "your test shaft was 40 grams in ladies flex" or something along those lines.

I know you're joking, but I'm really looking forward to finding out what the general characteristics of the test shaft is. This is sort of like the perfect blind testing scenario.

Got some more time w the shaft today. Hit it pretty good, except when I hit a draw when I wanted a fade. . Lost one right with a left to right wind, otherwise a pretty solid day w the driver. The usual shot was mid flight, hit a couple of high flight shots (I tee'd the ball up a bit). Distance - right around 270 total all day. Had one carry onto the 305yd par 4 green w 5 yds roll out. One carried at least 270, ball was behind the mark. One was total 300 yds, but with little roll out.
Overall, still very pleased with this shaft.

Back