It is more expensive and that is clearly a factor. A portion of the course is significantly up and down, and I think that makes the utility a harder fit. For me, I would rather ride a cart. And from taking to the staff there, usage is dominantly one and done.

If I had to pay 30 more on tip of my other green fees and cart fees every time I would be out too.. I am curious to ask some courses if they would allow these if I owned my own. At 30 bucks a pop it does not take all that long to make it worth purchasing if allowed.

We have had these on my home course now for 2 seasons, and they are losing steam with people. Most get excited, ride them once and then that's it. A little awkward getting on/off, using kickstand, etc. I call them a fun idea that quickly loses the luster. YMMV.

they seem much more apt for a destination/resort course than every round use.

they seem much more apt for a destination/resort course than every round use.
I can say at True Blue, they are nearly booked solid every single day.

I can say at True Blue, they are nearly booked solid every single day.

Even here on my little public home course, the 6-8 they have are pretty much always in use. I tried a couple of times to book without success before I was finally able to try one. We have a big influx of summer tourists -- not new but significantly increased this year -- and the number of new, younger golfers is astounding. Finn scooters are crazy popular. Just very little repeat usage, or so I am told.

Even here on my little public home course, the 6-8 they have are pretty much always in use. I tried a couple of times to book without success before I was finally able to try one. We have a big influx of summer tourists -- not new but significantly increased this year -- and the number of new, younger golfers is astounding. Finn scooters are crazy popular. Just very little repeat usage, or so I am told.
If they are available when I'm up there, I'm using one for sure!

I want one.

Oh we can definitely do that!!!!!!!!!!

Cool. I just called to see if we could reserve. They have stopped doing reservations for them. First come, first served. I will see if I can break the rules. Otherwise we will need to get lucky in the moment to create our own mini Finn experience. That's on you and Chris. Luck is not part of my existence. :cry::ROFLMAO:

Cool. I just called to see if we could reserve. They have stopped doing reservations for them. First come, first served. I will see if I can break the rules. Otherwise we will need to get lucky in the moment to create our own mini Finn experience. That's on you and Chris. Luck is not part of my existence. :cry::ROFLMAO:
Which course will this be for?

Just looking at the phat scooter makes me think (unconfirmed) the Finn is easier and more stable. The bag and club placement looks like it will have less balance and control issues.

having the bag behind me and vertical seems like a bad idea.

I did read the phat scooter can get up to 29 mph. That seems incredibly fast and dangerous. My guess would be the Finn is somewhere in the 15-18 mph hour range tops.

6DDBFC57-B6D0-4989-893F-4EB20ED30490.jpeg

Just looking at the phat scooter makes me think (unconfirmed) the Finn is easier and more stable. The bag and club placement looks like it will have less balance and control issues.

I did read the phat scooter can get up to 29 mph. That seems incredibly fast and dangerous. My guess would be the Finn is somewhere in the 15-18 mph hour range tops.

View attachment 9020387
Is it weird that I see that one and am less inclined to participate?

View attachment 9020387
Having been on both the Finn is significantly more fun.

Having been on both the Finn is significantly more fun.

looks like it to me. I have not seen phat scooters for comparison.

I tried one recently and it was great. On a hot sunny day, the lack of shade could be a negative vs a cart.

Took a Finn out at a local course last year, and it was awesome. I had more fun riding that than actually playing golf. I’d ride one every round instead of a cart, if I had the choice.

Very nice!!!!

How often do you use them? Price overly different from regular carts?

We own our own cart so I use a Finn whenever my wife and I are playing at the same time. I pay $100/month trail fee to use our cart so the club only charges me $13/round for the Finn.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The Finn talk makes me want to go to the course close to me that has them and go play soon!

Found a course nearby that has them....and now I have an itch to get a soft-tail motorcycle.

For less than $25 to ride this, it was a no brainer! The greens on the course were a little rough, but the Finn scooter experience made me forget all about it...and just enjoyed the ride....literally.

Apologies for the language....pay attention to your volume:

958446942566fe402176115256b0ae8d.jpg

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

Absolutely brings another element of fun into the game. I've done it once and it was a blast. My cousin has one of those Skooza (fat tire) bikes for her club and when comparing the two the fat tire is just harder to turn. We've tried to do the Finn several times but have always been booked and not available.

Is it weird that I see that one and am less inclined to participate?

The thing I like about that one is that it holds the clubs upright which makes it easier to pull clubs in and out of the bag.

Back