First Look: Cleveland RTX ZipCore Wedges

I do want to add since I feel I left something out. Simply in the past I’ve not been good with open face shots yet with the ZipCore I’ve been able to execute my planned shot. Yes I try shots I’ve never made, how else am I gonna learn?

Whoa. I preordered my set Tuesday night and got a shipping notification email just a few minutes ago (I ordered stock, no personalization).

My 58 will be here Thursday. Just got the shipping notification.

Playing today and have 3 in the bag for a test run. Be back later with some more info.

going 50, 56 and 62

If I wasn't waiting on my SM8 wedges to arrive, I'd go ahead and order two more of these. I'd actually love to see it in a 50 because the only other bladed wedge I feel like I can get away with misses like this one is the IndiGolf wedges.

Really enjoy the control and consistency I have seen from the 54.

Playing today and have 3 in the bag for a test run. Be back later with some more info.

going 50, 56 and 62
Can't wait to hear!

I still think the turf interaction was best ever with the RTX3 Personally and the various Vsoles, but feel there was lacking. Interaction here is quite good, and the feel is much more pleasant a-la the RTX4.

I still spin the RTX4 more from clean lies, but, for every other lie the ZipCores are infinitely more superior and continue to shine most there for me.

Also, I’ve still seen nothing but the most neutral and straight flight ever with them, I can only turn them over when I hit a hard trap draw with them, which is fine, it’s just a big departure for me from the 4’s.

Finish is starting to show more brushing than I’m used to on the sole with the Cleveland satin finish, But that’s not a biggie at all

On another practice session, chipping was very good today with the ZipCore.

My biggest takeaway from going back and forth with my RTX3 CB and the ZipCore is the feel and turf interaction is greatly improved. Especially, when I am playing from a deeper lie the ZipCore has been able to move threw the thinker grass with consistency and feel.

Naturally, I have had some bad chips with both clubs. However, I can tell immediately the difference of a poor shot vs a good shot with the ZipCore. That is something I can not always tell with my RTX.

On a different note, I like clean clubs. I have found the ZipCore’s face really gets dirty quickly. The way the face and grooves are constructed I have to wash the club after each round. My RTX can be wiped with a wet towel vs a bit more scrubbing like the ZipCore.

5CA50484-B681-4BDE-BF85-5AF4339F2047.jpeg

I’m obsessed with the 62 degree low. Missed quite a few greens short sided today and each time this thing bailed me out. Still getting crazy amounts of spin including a surlyn ball 1 hop and stop today (ball released on Monday) that kind of blew me away.

I’m obsessed with the 62 degree low. Missed quite a few greens short sided today and each time this thing bailed me out. Still getting crazy amounts of spin including a surlyn ball 1 hop and stop today (ball released on Monday) that kind of blew me away.
It’s a filthy club. The Cgrind on it makes it amply playable even at the higher loft. I was a 62 convert before this, but this testing has only built on my fandom of it.

How does the low shape compare to the M grind (or versatile grind)?

I had the touch of a Civil War Surgeon today in the short game. But I hit a few great shots of note today with the ZipCore today.

A 30 yard pitch with the 58° Low that one hopped and stopped for a kick in Par save on the 9th.

An 83 yard 3/4 shot with the 54° Mid that hit and spun back 10 yards.

I’m liking these wedges so far, just need to get my distance control down.

How does the low shape compare to the M grind (or versatile grind)?

similar in terms of versatility, but different in how they are used if that makes sense. I believe what Cleveland has done with the leading edge is their best yet and mirrors what I saw out of the tour issue Protos of the RTX4

I have been considering dropping my 3h to add another wedge in my bag.

how versatile is the 62 wedge for you at that bounce? Currently, I have the ZipCore 54° mid and Callaway 58° SureOut for sand.

I have been considering dropping my 3h to add another wedge in my bag.

how versatile is the 62 wedge for you at that bounce? Currently, I have the ZipCore 54° mid and Callaway 58° SureOut for sand.

I might not be the best to answer this as I use it quite differently as many considering the amount of loft. It really allows for some fun shots

I also saw a chip from out of the rough, with a ball that isn’t known for great green side spin, just take one hop and stop on a dime...

similar in terms of versatility, but different in how they are used if that makes sense. I believe what Cleveland has done with the leading edge is their best yet and mirrors what I saw out of the tour issue Protos of the RTX4
Sold. Alright, two orders going in tonight.

I have them designed and ready to go. I’m having a hard time pulling the trigger. Someone push me over the edge.

I have them designed and ready to go. I’m having a hard time pulling the trigger. Someone push me over the edge.

same here

B19315FD-4BF1-4F28-A2CD-DBFD1C1EB552.gif
This is what you want your playing partners to say, right?

You think I don’t have a reputation among my normal group? They ask me regularly what’s new in the bag. I normally have something to report. Now it’s these.
And these will be head turners...

Back