First Look: Cleveland RTX ZipCore Wedges

I know @JDax got a chance to see this in hand today.
Yes I did... And was throughly impressed.
It looks like what you are expecting when holding a Cleveland wedge, but you know that you are dealing with some serious tech advancements under the hood.

Hands down these are by far more classy than everything in CG line... CG15 were close

I’m ready to outfit my bag with these. I’m glad I waited on wedge upgrades this year.

Very attractive - back of blade reminds me of Titleist styling. Need to see them at address.

Yes I did... And was throughly impressed.
It looks like what you are expecting when holding a Cleveland wedge, but you know that you are dealing with some serious tech advancements under the hood.
Does the weight on hosel feel different? Or are benefits seen in performance?

Does the weight on hosel feel different? Or are benefits seen in performance?
It’s hard to say because I didn’t hit them, I just held them.

It’s hard to say because I didn’t hit them, I just held them.
Wow that has to be extremely hard... Such a tease. They look absolutely perfect.

View at address different? Or you just knew the power that you had in your hand?

Wow that has to be extremely hard... Such a tease. They look absolutely perfect.

View at address different? Or you just knew the power that you had in your hand?

So many jokes can be had with this post.

The view at address is still very Cleveland like, i can’t wait to see how they preform...

I’m on pre-order express... 7/27

Bumping this...I am excited to see these at some point.

While I cannot comment on the performance of the RTX Zipcore, I can only surmise they perform every bit as good s the RTX-4 and perhaps even better. I got a chance to get on the course with my newly acquired RTX4 and was very pleased. It is the only wedge I used all day from a variety of lies. Real confidence booster. I can not spin the ball back much, but I can "stick" it where I want on the green. (Ball choice would have made a difference too) Only difficulty I had was getting roll out when I wanted. Of course, I could have simply used a less lofted club, but thing is so much fun to use. I will get it nailed down soon enough. One shot in particular was note worthy. I had landed just behind a bunker with a green that had a steep slope downhill and away from the bunker and the pin location was only 5 foot or so off the fringe. I was able to pop it up, clearing the bunker, hit just on the fringe and gently rolled the few feet close to the pin. Tap in par 5 bogey

Last edited:
The view at address is still very Cleveland like, i can’t wait to see how they preform...

I’m on pre-order express... 7/27

You and me both!

Can’t wait to get my two in to begin working on the review with, even though I wrote the article I keep going back and looking at all the tech in these.

Can’t wait to get my two in to begin working on the review with, even though I wrote the article I keep going back and looking at all the tech in these.
The more I read about these, the more interested I get! Can't wait to hear more from you and other THPers on these!

I. Can’t. Wait.

The hype and tech has me on full excitement mode to get down and dirty with these.

Great write up. I want to know more!

Will there be comparisons between Cleveland's other offerings in the review? The RTX 4, CBX 2, Smart Sole 4's... I'm interested to know how these new RTX Zipcores compare to them in terms of hittability (Is that a word?):unsure: and forgiveness.(y)

I figure it would be too much to ask for comparisons to Vokey, Glide, Jaws, Mack Daddy, etc... :D

The most important question I have is: how do the RTX Zipcores handle for a high handicap player with a crappy short game?
I have currently RTX4 and CBX2 so I can do a bit of that. I have some Vokeys and MDs as well that I won’t compare but the Cleveland’s are in my bag and are not leaving any time soon. Once the new wedge gets here I’ll post my thoughts.

Will there be comparisons between Cleveland's other offerings in the review? The RTX 4, CBX 2, Smart Sole 4's... I'm interested to know how these new RTX Zipcores compare to them in terms of hittability (Is that a word?):unsure: and forgiveness.(y)

The most important question I have is: how do the RTX Zipcores handle for a high handicap player with a crappy short game?

I currently am gaming the Cleveland RTX-3 CB 54° wedge, so I will be able to give a direct comparison to the older equipment for some that didn’t upgrade last year.

Will also give you an idea from a higher handicap guy. Handicap is 20 currently.

I have a few wedges to compare them to :ROFLMAO:

Back