First Look: Cobra KING Utility Iron

I just the 4 utility at demo day here & all I can is wow! Now I want one, even when I hit it bad it still went farther then I thought it should have.

Did you by chance hear a whistle In your backswing?

I only hit about 6 balls with it & wasn't paying attention for a whistle. But even if it had a whistle I don't think it would bother me the way I hit it.

pondering one of these in the bag. 3 or 4i. hmm..

Don’t worry I’m just crazy even though it happened again today.

:ROFLMAO:

C800CF15-08CF-4637-9FFA-F37649978439.png

Solid numbers @Jman. Is that in the ballpark of what you need based on other utilities?

I ordered the 4 UT with the $-Taper Lite X-flex shaft in Black. I have an AD DI 95 shaft that may find it's way into this head. Could be a lethal combo!

Solid numbers @Jman. Is that in the ballpark of what you need based on other utilities?
They’re pretty solid numbers for a 4i/4u, playable off tee and deck into greens for sure. I’ve had it in play since March, so a TON of swings on it, and it’s longer than the U85 for me, also it spins more than the Epic Forged in the same loft, which is a win imo. To me, it’s way more versatile than the low spin monsters out there like the EXS 220 as well, and I like that a lot, more playable in a variety of situations.

It’s a lot like the Forged Tec irons feel wise too, really good, really really good, a little more solid in sound than some, but for the design it’s among the best I’ve hit in sound/feel.

They’re pretty solid numbers for a 4i/4u, playable off tee and deck into greens for sure. I’ve had it in play since March, so a TON of swings on it, and it’s longer than the U85 for me, also it spins more than the Epic Forged in the same loft, which is a win imo. To me, it’s way more versatile than the low spin monsters out there like the EXS 220 as well, and I like that a lot, more playable in a variety of situations.

It’s a lot like the Forged Tec irons feel wise too, really good, really really good, a little more solid in sound than some, but for the design it’s among the best I’ve hit in sound/feel.
Nice... sounds awesome! I LOVE the FT 5i, so can't wait to get this one in play!

Don’t worry I’m just crazy even though it happened again today.

:ROFLMAO:

I didn't say you were crazy. Since you and I are the only ones that have tried it and one heard and whistle and one didn't, it seems natural to ask others that get a chance to test it out if they are hearing it.

I didn't say you were crazy. Since you and I are the only ones that have tried it and one heard and whistle and one didn't, it seems natural to ask others that get a chance to test it out if they are hearing it.
And I was having a laugh about it. That’s all.

It’s been a fun club in the 45 or so rounds I’ve put on it.

Jman, how does the 4 gap with your FT 5i? I just ordered a 4. I get 210 to 220 out of My FT 5i off the tee.

Jman, how does the 4 gap with your FT 5i? I just ordered a 4. I get 210 to 220 out of My FT 5i off the tee.
When I was playing the Tec’s it gapped really well, it’s part of what I like about this one, it’s not a distance monster, so it still gaps really well.

I'm thinking this might be my 4 iron replacement club. Love that I can tweak the loft if needed. The HMB doesn't offer the option there, so this may be the way to go for some more height and stopping power.

@Jman Do you mind me asking, when you adjust the loft, does the club change its offset appearance much? Just curious. Thank you.

@Jman Do you mind me asking, when you adjust the loft, does the club change its offset appearance much? Just curious. Thank you.
Visually, nah. I also don’t notice the face angle changing with +/- loft that much.

This is a sweet looking club. I'm really considering replacing my higher hybrid for one of these. Need something that would be a good fairway finder on those shorter/tighter par 4's.

I keep looking at this but can't figure out why I would want the utility instead of the SZ 4i

👀

F2D27D51-5450-4898-AFEF-E352375F73AF.png

What are we looking at here? What loft are you playing it at?
You’re looking at 4U’s that are pretty pounded, and will actually sit down pretty hard into greens, at stock 4U 22.5 loft. No one is really following the rapid taper 95 updates in that thread, so I thought it might get more eyes here (y)

You’re looking at 4U’s that are pretty pounded, and will actually sit down pretty hard into greens, at stock 4U 22.5 loft. No one is really following the rapid taper 95 updates in that thread, so I thought it might get more eyes here (y)
Thanks I wasn’t sure and yeah I noticed the distance carry and rollout was almost the same. Impressive

@Jman do you know if this is a .370 or .355 tip?

Back