First Look: TaylorMade SIM2 Driver, Fairway Woods, Hybrids

Anyone try the Sim 2 Max D driver? I am a high handicapper and have a tendency to slice my drives. I am working on this at the range and through lessons, but am hoping to get some opinions on whether the draw bias actually helps with the slice issues.
It's been a while since you posted this, but I picked up a Sim2 Max D 9.0° this weekend. According to the launch monitor at the store, I was still fading the ball a fair amount, which is my normal shot shape. I'll occasionally slice the snot out of it too, especially lately.

I took it to the range yesterday and other than the first shot, which was sliced badly, the rest were really good. Most of the shots only had a slight fade and a few were mostly straight. Very unusual for me, but I was really happy with the results.

I had it out on the course for the first time tonight in league and I was pretty much getting the same results as on the range. I used it on 5 of the 9 holes and 3 of those easily found the fairway. The two misses were dead pulls to the left. It looks like I've gained a few yards on well struck balls too. I think I'm really going to like this driver, the early results are very encouraging.

I also bought one of these as well and I noticed not too much goes to the right anymore. I went with the Tensei orange. So far everything is going as straight as can be..

Well, after my beloved M6 developed a crack, I reached out to TM, and they did not even hesitate to offer me a replacement.

They asked all the specs of the M6, and that was that.

FF a few days later, and I get a shipping notification for a SIM2 Max with a HZRDUS Smoke Black RDX, all built out to the specs I told them. :eek:

Took it out for a test run today, and, to say its good, is putting it lightly.

It feels a good bit softer than the M6, and the sound... oh the sound. Pure sex.

Headed out to game it tomorrow, and am very excited to see how it performs in the wild.

Heavy props to TM Customer service.

Well, after my beloved M6 developed a crack, I reached out to TM, and they did not even hesitate to offer me a replacement.

They asked all the specs of the M6, and that was that.

FF a few days later, and I get a shipping notification for a SIM2 Max with a HZRDUS Smoke Black RDX, all built out to the specs I told them. :eek:

Took it out for a test run today, and, to say its good, is putting it lightly.

It feels a good bit softer than the M6, and the sound... oh the sound. Pure sex.

Headed out to game it tomorrow, and am very excited to see how it performs in the wild.

Heavy props to TM Customer service.
And it only has to last for a few months...

I've not gotten to play this driver much, only having it since July and having a hectic schedule, but overall it's just an okay club. I'm playing the MaxD and while I can't say I'm seeing any draw in my ball flight. If I make good contact, it doesn't go hard right, so maybe 🤷🏼‍♂️ it's helping? My #1 complaint is the sound.. it sounds like wet noodle... It's too quiet. I know the trend is towards quiet golf, but this is off putting for me. I like a more metallic *ting* on contact, and this isn't that club at all. 😔

Back