Titleist Vokey SM8 Wedges

The brushed steel wedge looks great!

Really want to see these in hand because the photos look amazing.

I've never been a Vokey guy but those are some great looking wedges. I definitely want to check them out in person.

I feel like Vokey always makes some solid looking wedges.

These are no exception to that.

My initial thought is I like the looks of the sm7 more, but the sm8 grew in me in just the couple minutes.. but I agree, the brushed steel looks awesome

The 56* will be in my bag in March for sure. It's time for some fresh grooves. (y)

Another five star article, Gary. Thanks

I think these look great. I have never played Vokey wedges and, scratching head, don't recall ever hitting one. I should head out to see Pat the local Titleist guy and give these some swings. Vokey wedges certainly have that top shelf allure. No idea if they will resonate for me or not.

Those look like Vokey wedges! Very clean lines

Great write-up Molten. That brushed steel finish looks incredible!

They have a great look to them. I am sure they will be a popular commodity for a lot of golfers this year.

Very solid review!! I have never got along well with the Vokey wedges, but no denying that they perform for most everyone else and that these look great!!

I played Vokeys the last 2 years and these look fabulous!!! While I have brand new wedges, I may just have to pick up a 50* in brushed steel, :)just for comparison sake.

Good write up @Molten

Really good information. Adding tungsten is a really interesting step.

I played Vokeys the last 2 years and these look fabulous!!! While I have brand new wedges, I may just have to pick up a 50* in brushed steel, :)just for comparison sake.
I would definitely love to hear if there is any appreciable difference between the Jaws and the SM8.

I will say this, Vokey knows how to make a great looking wedge. I am sure the Vokey players will welcome this release.

These look superb.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have always liked Vokey wedges. These are no exception

I feel like they're trying way too hard on the CG story here for some reason.

I feel like they're trying way too hard on the CG story here for some reason.

Why so? Do you feel it is a bad angle or misguided ? (honest question)

The two big stories with wedges right now are CG and hydro spin retention. Many seem to be going all in on the spin retention in wet conditions. They are pushing launch characteristics. Seems like a good story to me. There are sooo many variables in the wet conditions that it is hard to control. I am not saying it is a bad thing to aim at. Just difficult.

Why so? Do you feel it is a bad angle or misguided ? (honest question)

The two big stories with wedges right now are CG and hydro spin retention. Many seem to be going all in on the spin retention in wet conditions. They are pushing launch characteristics. Seems like a good story to me. There are sooo many variables in the wet conditions that it is hard to control. I am not saying it is a bad thing to aim at. Just difficult.
I just feel like they're having to try really hard to tweak and add to the story they have told the last two SM's. Yes, there are some changes there, but the story is familiar. I think they would be much better off saying these are new Vokeys and owning that people are going to flock to them based on that, then sell the story of the hydrophobic principle.

I just feel like they're having to try really hard to tweak and add to the story they have told the last two SM's. Yes, there are some changes there, but the story is familiar. I think they would be much better off saying these are new Vokeys and owning that people are going to flock to them based on that, then sell the story of the hydrophobic principle.

Fair enough.

Back