Flagstick Struck By Lightning

this picture makes no sense to me. flags are not conductive and that cup is white. if lightning hit it ,it would look like a black hole..maybe photoshopped?

I suspected the flag and cup are new and that the originals were disintegrated in the strike; I'm shocked that the flagstick survived.

That looks so cool, how much time would that take to recover the green?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

l1NCiZv.jpg

The pattern looks like a fractal geometry graph.

That Superintendent is not going to like that, no matter how cool that looks right now. lol

Was thinking the same thing. Can't believe the stick didn't shatter or deform in some way....
Pretty cool photo. I'm surprised the actual flag wasn't ruined, if that's the same stick that was struck.

Makes me wonder what will happen to the green.

I think it's a cool photo, and reaffirms my stance on NOT playing through thunder/lightning storms.

That is beyond cool. Also, glad I wasn't reaching for it when that happened!!!!
I was!
140129-hot-list-nav-290.jpg

Seriously this should really make people think about trying to get in just one more hole when they hear thunder. Don't do it!

There were a bunch of cows (like 50) killed a few years back while hunkering down under a large oak tree not far from Gray, Ga. Hiding under large trees during a lightening storm could put a jolt up ya booty.

Wow, that's cool

That is why when I hear thunder, I head for the clubhouse..........

That is amazing. God does some cool stuff.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Now that's sick.

I hit a flag stick with a Lightning ball about a month ago, does that count? :act-up:

Back