FootJoy DNA Golf Shoe Review

Where does the squeaking occur?

Only occurs if I am walking down or up an embankment. I haven't been able to figure out whether it is due to size or what.

Honestly the only thing I can think of, minus the tooth of spike overhanging. Which I may just paint it green.

Had my first range session with these tonight and was moderately impressed. I have AWEFUL flat feet so I might swap in some insoles, but they fit true to size and provided great traction on the mats. I didn't notice the snaggletooth after a while either.

typo's courtesy of Samsung Galaxy S4 autocorrect... Enjoy!

Looks like I'll get to provide some input on these. Took second in our flight at my dad's club so I had some pro shop credit to use up. They had the DNAs for 30% off for people in the tournament, so it made these a steal and better than yet more shirts. If the front spikes start to snaggletooth and annoy me, I'll just cut them off.

aqyzyvar.jpg

I have no issues at all with these. I'll be painting the snaggletooth green.

Glad to hear your still liking these Matt and Greg I look forward too your thoughts.

I guess I'll jump in here. Hope to give you guys some solid info on these
ybe9aset.jpg

Damn, I dont NEED shoes but I really want these. Maybe a little gift for myself after this year

That is interesting, because I am a 11 in most shoes and an 11 in these too.

I went from a 13 (adidas tour 360 atv) to an 11.5 wide in these. I was absolutely baffled. Judging from your post, this isn't common?

I found them to be about half a size small. I wrote mine for a range session the other day, and they definitely got more comfortable the longer I wore them. I doubt they'll even sniff the Lunar Control IIs as far as comfort, but they certainly aren't the worst shots I've worn.

I think my only real gripe with them is the laces. They almost seem like there's some sort of coating on them, and they don't want to stay tight. They feel like they get loose, but the knots look tied.

I found them to be about half a size small. I wrote mine for a range session the other day, and they definitely got more comfortable the longer I wore them. I doubt they'll even sniff the Lunar Control IIs as far as comfort, but they certainly aren't the worst shots I've worn.

I think my only real gripe with them is the laces. They almost seem like there's some sort of coating on them, and they don't want to stay tight. They feel like they get loose, but the knots look tied.

I wonder why the size difference was so big for me. They didn't have the color I wanted in 13 so I was gonna order at the store then have them shipped to my house. Tried on the 13's and felt like I was swimming in them. Tried on the 12's and it felt good around my heel but there was still too much toe room. The 11.5 Wide were absolutely perfect for me. Has anyone else had that much of a change?

I wonder why the size difference was so big for me. They didn't have the color I wanted in 13 so I was gonna order at the store then have them shipped to my house. Tried on the 13's and felt like I was swimming in them. Tried on the 12's and it felt good around my heel but there was still too much toe room. The 11.5 Wide were absolutely perfect for me. Has anyone else had that much of a change?

Just foot shapes.

I've fitted people for as much as a two and half sizes smaller or larger than what they are currently wearing in a different shoe. It really just depends and like a club fitting, getting fit for shoes is just as important, if not more when you think about the amount of hours/miles you spend in them.

Just foot shapes.

I've fitted people for as much as a two and half sizes smaller or larger than what they are currently wearing in a different shoe. It really just depends and like a club fitting, getting fit for shoes is just as important, if not more when you think about the amount of hours/miles you spend in them.

Good point. It's also been about 10 years since I've had a FJ shoe. Is that common with FJ?

Good point. It's also been about 10 years since I've had a FJ shoe. Is that common with FJ?

Not just FJ. Just from brand to brand and even model to model within certain brands.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Not just FJ. Just from brand to brand and even model to model within certain brands.

Wow. I almost bought a pair of these off the bay last week but decided to wait until I could try them on because I wasn't in a hurry to get them dirty. Thank god I waited!

Wow. I almost bought a pair of these off the bay last week but decided to wait until I could try them on because I wasn't in a hurry to get them dirty. Thank god I waited!

Majority of the time, it will be fine, but it never hurts to try shoes on before buying.

I've played three rounds in these shoes, all soaking wet conditions and haven't had my feet get wet once. The spike isn't noticible at all anymore for me. They've been comfortable from the get go and look amazing. I get comments on them all the time, but that may just be the lime green that grabs the attention :)

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

I've played three rounds in these shoes, all soaking wet conditions and haven't had my feet get wet once. The spike isn't noticible at all anymore for me. They've been comfortable from the get go and look amazing. I get comments on them all the time, but that may just be the lime green that grabs the attention :)

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

How had the shoe held up? Are there any spots showing wear yet?

How had the shoe held up? Are there any spots showing wear yet?

Not any at all. I do have to clean the white after the round because they do get dirty quickly but they do clean but easily. I have a weird tendency to get gray marks on the inside of my right shoe and even those have cleaned up well. I really couldn't be happier with these shoes.

I tried these on over the weekend. They are very comfortable right out of the box, I just couldn't swing the $$.

Maybe next year.

I tried these on over the weekend. They are very comfortable right out of the box, I just couldn't swing the $$.

Maybe next year.

I'll have mine down in Orlando, really fortunate to have won a pair of these as I'm very happy with them so far.

typo's courtesy of Samsung Galaxy S4 autocorrect... Enjoy!

Picked up the white/navy today. Was looking for all white, but only colour in my size was the white/navy and here in Canada they are backed ordered for at least 3-4 weeks, so no ordering all white.

Look forward to getting them on the course though. First FJ shoe that I've been really excited about.

So after close to 10 rounds of golf in these, I thought I would offer up my thoughts.

As mentioned before, I'm not usually a fan of FJ shoes. I tend find their style boring and I always had trouble finding a style of their's that fit my foot properly. When the first pictures of these started popping up, the style caught my attention, but I figured it would be another case of a pair of FJ's not fitting me properly. That turned out not to be the case. I tried them on once and was instantly hooked.

This far, the shoes have been really comfortable. I find the more I wear them and the leather starts to break in, they get better and better. One of my favorite parts is the heel lock they offer. I've had no slippage at all and when swinging I have no foot movement in the shoe at all. Which leads me to a defining part of these, which is stability. From the fit of the shoe, to the spikes, which I would say are the most aggressive I've worn.

The only complaint I have is the tongue. It never seems to stay in place and 1-2 times per round I find myself bringing it back to the top. Very minor, but just something I've picked up on.

So, over the past couple of months, I've been letting my wife know how awesome these shoes are, but that I don't need them since I already have golf shoes that are still pretty comfortable. Then, the bottom sole started separating at the side of my shoe. I told my wife about that, and that I'd try to super glue it before the separation made it down to the actual bottom of the shoe.

Her response: "Amazing how your shoes are falling apart just now."
My further comment: "If the super glue doesn't work and the sole separates from the bottom of the shoe, I'm going to have to get new shoes."
Her response: "How convenient."

She may consider it the will on my part to spend more money on golf. I consider it a sign, or fate.

~Rock

I tried these on today. First time I put them on I thought I felt the spikes right through the shoes then I realized that there was a silica gel pack in the shoe. After taking that out I could slightly feel the front spikes but it wasn't that big of a deal. I thought they were very comfortable otherwise and the shoe size ran true to what I wear now. I loved the look of the black version as well. I am really considering getting these as my adizeros from last year are starting to fall apart.

Back