FootJoy DNA Golf Shoe Review

So I lost a spike after only the third round in these. And it wasn't the snaggle tooth spike either. I've noticed these spikes are a little softer. Are there specific replacements for these?

Just an update with my spike issue. I contacted footjoy via twitter and they gave me the number to their customer service. They had a bag of soft spikes and a tool at my door the next day

Comfort will certainly be different for each person, but for me, these will not crack the top 5 in my comfort rotation. I think they are headed in the right direction without a doubt however.

So what is your top 5 in comfort? I got to get new shoes

So what is your top 5 in comfort? I got to get new shoes
Right now. Here are the 4 I reach for in my rotation right now.

Callaway Del Mar
NIKE lunar control
Puma monolite
Adidas Gripmore

Right now. Here are the 4 I reach for in my rotation right now.

Callaway Del Mar
NIKE lunar control
Puma monolite
Adidas Gripmore

Alright thanks. I got some addicomfort I hate

I have been an Adidas and Ecco user for years but when I saw those DNA I knew I had to have them. So 3 week ago they were avalible here in Iceland finally and I got my self a pair of white one's. Yes they were the best Foot Joy's I had ever tried, were they better then my Ecco? Abselutly not. Now they just lie unused while my Ecco Biom get all the use.

The foot joy look much better then the Ecco and I use them once in a while just becuase of that, but I prefer the comfor the Ecco gives.

Just an update with my spike issue. I contacted footjoy via twitter and they gave me the number to their customer service. They had a bag of soft spikes and a tool at my door the next day

I am going to have to contact ghem as well. Lost spikes on both shoes at the balls of the feet.

I am going to have to contact ghem as well. Lost spikes on both shoes at the balls of the feet.

Contact them via twitter. They'll handle it the right way

I got a pair of these about 3 weeks ago but have only worn them once. They look much better with pants than shorts and it's too hot for pants right now. They were plenty comfortable for me and great support.

I bought a pair of these about a month ago (FJ does an Extra Wide that actually IS EW). The comfort is good, lateral support could be better, and no issues with feeling the spikes, although I did swap out the insoles for my orthotics, slightly trimmed up in the arch. What I DID notice was after 2 rounds, 2 spikes had gone missing. Bought another set of spikes (had to, I only had the older sort lying around) and replaced the missing ones, also tightened all the others. Haven't lost any more in 2 weeks or so.

I am a bit annoyed at having several tines break off the original spikes already. I'm not a lightweight, but I've played half my rounds in a cart and I don't walk on any concrete in them. Maybe the originals aren't up to snuff, I dunno.

Overall, they fit my 5E flippers. That's rare enough that I'll cope with the spike issues.

Bought my first pair last week, absolutely love them. In the process of selling off all my other golf shoes to be honest.
Before I wore them I removed and re-installed all the spikes and have two rounds with them and no lost spikes.
Actually buying another pair because they are so comfy and look great.

Like walking on pillows with sharp spikes underneath them.

Tapping Away

So I bought a pair of FJ DNA's on March 20th. Well for some reason my toes are starting to hurt when I out walking in these. Has anyone felt any pain like that and I am guessing I can't return them since I am out of the 30 days now. Kinda wish I would have gone with Addidas after I talked to Rambler last weekend when I heard there more narrrow. I can't tell if my toes are just lose up there or the shoes aren't the right size. Really annoying after paying that much money for shoes.

So I bought a pair of FJ DNA's on March 20th. Well for some reason my toes are starting to hurt when I out walking in these. Has anyone felt any pain like that and I am guessing I can't return them since I am out of the 30 days now. Kinda wish I would have gone with Addidas after I talked to Rambler last weekend when I heard there more narrrow. I can't tell if my toes are just lose up there or the shoes aren't the right size. Really annoying after paying that much money for shoes.
My feet always feel great in mine. What size are yours, if you can't return them I might buy them from you if you want

My feet always feel great in mine. What size are yours, if you can't return them I might buy them from you if you want
Shoot I got small feet. Usually wear nines but got fitted into 8's for these.

Looks like I found the problem with the shoes. My feet look a little wide and pinky toe is basically hanging off.

Last edited:
Back