FootJoy DNA Golf Shoe Review

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
These are the FJ shoes I've been interested in over the last three years. I may have to see if Carl's has a pair in my size when I go there today.

Nice review.

The shoes look great. I need to see them in person though to get a feel for the dimple pattern on the leather.

After reading the review and looking more closely at the photos, it does look like the spikes are pushed out more towards the perimeter. Interesting. I presume that is for added stability.

• Admin
It might be ATL. It was something to adjust to, but I believe when trying them on people will know right then and there if they work for them or not. I have found more comfortable for my feet out there, but these could still be a solid option for some.

The dimple pattern is more subdued in person.

Interesting shoe to say the least. A definite departure from the norm for FJ. Thanks for the thoughts Josh.

I am liking what I am reading. I have not been much of a fan of footjoy shoes in the past but this had me interested. I have to think that the spike pattern will give a lot if people fits, one reason I stick with spikeless now.

I do like the looks of these and would like to see them first hand. Thanks for your thoughts on these JB.

These are slowly growing on from an aesthetics perspective. Unsure if I would ever pay retail for these but maybe when they drop in price. They do offer a very clean look that would look really good with nice pants, etc.

These remind me of ECCO biom. Might just be me, but it's good to see FJ move away from the norm. Price point is decent for a quality shoe.

Great review!

For me personally this is the most excited I've been about a pair of golf shoes in a long time. Between the comfort and the technology involved in the shoe I think it's going to be one of the better shoes released in the last few years

nice review these are more edgy looking then what FJ normally does. i might have to try them on and see how they feel.

Great review!

For me personally this is the most excited I've been about a pair of golf shoes in a long time. Between the comfort and the technology involved in the shoe I think it's going to be one of the better shoes released in the last few years

Comfort will certainly be different for each person, but for me, these will not crack the top 5 in my comfort rotation. I think they are headed in the right direction without a doubt however.

Digging the black and the silver shoes.

Good heads up ont he true to size fit, something that is overlooked when we are shoe hunting

Thanks for the review, Josh. I've never worn anything besides FJ shoes because they fit my feet so well and are always a quality product; this shoe doesn't sound like it varies from that trend. They have a number of subtle color choices to go with the white base, but I'd be concerned about keeping that much white clean and presentable. For me, the black and grey options look really good.

Great review in the new FJ line. I will have a pair in hand by the end of the day. Comfort is a must in a golf shoe, so I am interested in how these feel.

Comfort will certainly be different for each person, but for me, these will not crack the top 5 in my comfort rotation. I think they are headed in the right direction without a doubt however.

I will agree with you that FootJoy has lacked the comfort aspect of the shoes for a long long time. I truthfully couldn't tell you the last time I even tried on a pair their shoes.

It might be ATL. It was something to adjust to, but I believe when trying them on people will know right then and there if they work for them or not. I have found more comfortable for my feet out there, but these could still be a solid option for some.

The dimple pattern is more subdued in person.

This is the one thing that has me on the fence about these at the moment - if it isn't as obvious up close then I may well consider them (assuming my comfort requirements are met) but I would have to see them in person before I made a decision

I do like some of the colour schemes that I have seen

Nice review. At first I really didn't like the look of these, but they're growing on me. And now I actually kind of like them. I'm sure they're a fantastic shoe.

I think these still hold a bit of a classic look, but they are definitely working towards the more modern design. It's a good hybrid. The dimples are noticeable, but they aren't in your face. If someone is standing next to you they won't really notice them, but if you hold the shoe in your hand, or get within let's say a foot of the shoe, then you will definitely see them. That's just my assessment.

These shoes strike a really nice balance of classy and sporty, at least to my eye. Overall though, comfort is all that matters when you walk the golf course.

Great work Josh, it sounds like FJ has a real good option on their hands with this one. I really like the classic styling and was curious to see how the new tech in the shoe would perform. Thanks again.

Well my DNA's arrived today. :) While my wife talked me out if getting the Grn & White (maybe I am getting an early bday present) I went for the grey & orange.
u4etene3.jpg

First impressions heavier than I expected and the comfort factor may develop after they are broken in.

However as I put these on my eyes went directly to the over hanging spike tooth. (Thanks JB)!!!

Well my DNA's arrived today. :) While my wife talked me out if getting the Grn & White (maybe I am getting an early bday present) I went for the grey & orange.
u4etene3.jpg

First impressions heavier than I expected and the comfort factor may develop after they are broken in.

However as I put these on my eyes went directly to the over hanging spike tooth. (Thanks JB)!!!

These are definitely not part of the 'light shoe' craze going on. They are lighter than the traditional FootJoy Classic shoes, but certainly nowhere near as light as some other brands that are like 3oz per pair.

The orange and grey coloring look differently then what is displayed on the website. Almost like a burnt orange IMO.

Back