Review Forme Ace Polo - The Posture Correcting Polo

Its kind of wild to be honest. I am sitting here in a meeting now typing, and all I can think about is that I am hunching over as I type this, and I want to put the ace polo on. I am a bit concerned about how it feels in the miami humidity, but I think I am going to bring it to disney this weekend, which should be a good test.
I played nine holes in mine yesterday in "feels like" 96 degree heat, high humidity and dew point. It was soaking wet when I finished but felt just as good as any high-end performance material golf polo. And, more importantly, my shoulders ached far less than normal afterwards.

One thing I'll be very interested to read once you guys wear them for awhile is if you're finding your posture gets better while you're NOT wearing them
I'm three-plus weeks into the ace and core tees. And, yes, even my family says they can see a difference in my posture. Some of it is just being more aware of head up-shoulders back, but the Forme tees have helped keep that top of mind.

I don't know if it's a good thing or a bad thing, but ... I kinda feel "naked" without one on.

As an aside ... while my Forme Ace Golf Polo was waiting to be washed from playing in it the afternoon before, I wore my Forme Ace Tee underneath a thin golf shirt yesterday at the practice range. Actually worked well since the ace tee is thinner than the core tee. I can see that being a great combo whenever cooler temperatures arrive.

In the meantime, I'm fairly certain that I will be purchasing every color of the Forme Ace Golf Polo. These shirts rock!

Well, I was wondering when I'd get to see a forme bag on my doorstep and today was the day!

As others have stated, the shirt is a typical performance material. While unpackaging, I kept wondering how hot it would be as overall it has a much thicker feel given the internal liner that actually does the heavy lifting. Once sliding it on, I was a bit surprised to find out that sizing up is the right call. I'm primarily a medium, and even a small in some, and sized up to a large. The fit through the chest and shoulders feels like most medium polos, the midsection feels a bit looser. I expected a bit more tailored fit as it was referenced as a European cut and would have probably preferred this myself. Honestly this shirt feels like a medium in the chest and arms and a large in the midsection.

You can certainly feel the shirt pull the shoulders into position. I've had it on for a few hours now and could easily wear for an entire day without too much discomfort. My shoulders will probably be breathing a sigh of relief this evening when done for the day. I'm really interested to see if this position becomes more natural over time or always has that forced feeling. My early assumption is change will only happen with consistent wearing of the products and if so, the logical choice for me would be either the t-shirt or undershirt. The technology that pulls you into posture seems to be confined to the outer shoulders and across the upper back. I'd actually be intrigued if there was a way to package this without confining you to their t's or polos.

Someone earlier mentioned that it is almost like the shirt is actually two, and I'd share that sentiment. I don't wear undershirts unless I'm in a button up but there's no way I could with this shirt. I would anticipate it would simply get bunched up and become uncomfortable.

Needless to say, these are all VERY early first impressions. I'm pretty excited to see if / how these thoughts change in the coming weeks as I wear the polo more.

Another 18 holes this afternoon in the Forme Ace Polo. As with the first round, after a few warm-up swings and a few putts, I practically forgot that I was wearing a "posture corrector and trainer" shirt.

Even though the shirt was taut across the chest and shoulder blades when first put on, it quickly became comfortable as I adjusted to the posture correcting band of the inner layer. Throughout the round, and especially when putting, I sometimes was aware of being helped with proper posture, shoulder and neck alignment. And that's a good thing.

There is no restriction in swing motion or movement but there is constant support. Tonight, as I type this, I'm aware that my normal post-round neck and shoulder aches are minimal. I did slip on a Forme Ace Tee after showering, so I'm sure that helps with recovery, too.

It was hot and humid this afternoon with a high dew point percentage. In other words, it was suffocating. But the high quality performance material of the Forme Ace Polo felt just as comfortable as a Dri-Fit or other golf shirt.

I believe the Ace Polo comes in five different colors. I ordered the Ash (gray) for the THP test and I can see myself adding at least two or three more of those colors.

Casual Friday at work, so I have my Forme polo on again. As soon as I put it on, I felt my shoulders roll back into a more natural and correct position. Its wild how well the technology works. I already feel less tension in my shoulders and neck.

My two criticisms are: (1) how tight the mesh is under my armpits. I feel it pulling a bit, which doesn't make it uncomfortable, but is noticeable. A bit more room here would do a lot of good; (2) that the shirt itself is a bit shorter that what I would like. If the overall length was about 1/2 an inch longer, it would be perfect. The shirt naturally tends to ride up a bit because of the underliner, and I find myself pulling it down everytime I stand up.

Casual Friday at work, so I have my Forme polo on again. As soon as I put it on, I felt my shoulders roll back into a more natural and correct position. Its wild how well the technology works. I already feel less tension in my shoulders and neck.

My two criticisms are: (1) how tight the mesh is under my armpits. I feel it pulling a bit, which doesn't make it uncomfortable, but is noticeable. A bit more room here would do a lot of good; (2) that the shirt itself is a bit shorter that what I would like. If the overall length was about 1/2 an inch longer, it would be perfect. The shirt naturally tends to ride up a bit because of the underliner, and I find myself pulling it down everytime I stand up.

Thats interesting on the length. Thanks for sharing. Im intrigued by the polo, as I like the T-Shirt.

the shirt itself is a bit shorter that what I would like. If the overall length was about 1/2 an inch longer, it would be perfect. The shirt naturally tends to ride up a bit because of the underliner, and I find myself pulling it down everytime I stand up
I've been very interested following this but hate a shirt that is too short. Would you mind getting a measurement of that, say bottom of collar to hem, so I can compare it to shirts that I wear?

I've been very interested following this but hate a shirt that is too short. Would you mind getting a measurement of that, say bottom of collar to hem, so I can compare it to shirts that I wear?
Sure. Good thing no one walked in when I had my shirt off #HRwouldliketoseeyou

EF296A6A-F244-4368-86A2-7FA9F5D3F016.jpegA1C85E46-8713-441C-90B5-A2E1908CBC0D.jpeg

I’ll agree with this. I’ve continued to wear mine and honestly love the technology. I hate the cut however.

Outside of being a bit short, I get the feeling that it is much looser in the midsection than any other shirt hanging in my closet. When I hastily compared to a Travis Mathew polo by simply overlaying them, it seemed to be about 1-1 1/2” larger at the bottom seam.

Maybe the sensation is exaggerated due to the fitted feel in the chest because of the tech that pulls you into position?

Would I have been better with my typical sizing? I suppose that’s possible but I’m reluctant to drop $200 to find out… I’ve also been tempted, and still contemplating, having it tailored to see if that makes it more comfortable.

To wrap this up, I readily admit that I am quite picky when it comes to fit. It is a very real possibility that appearance is not effected. If this were just another polo, I wouldn’t purchase a second.

The Forme Ace golf polo is a bit shorter than I would prefer, too. It seems to be more of a non-tuck cut and fit, but I tuck mine in due to club rules.

That said ...

After playing in the heat Wednesday and Thursday, gave myself the day off for recovery for the weekend rounds. I did wear the golf polo to the club pre-lunch for some practice time on the putting green.

Normally, my lower back and shoulders are done after about 20-30 minutes of continuous putting practice. Today, however, I did putting drills for a solid hour before giving in to the heat, hunger and thirst.

I really hadn't noticed the time passing and my normal back/shoulder aches never materialized while on the putting green. Put that down as a big check mark in the plus column for the Forme Ace golf polo. (And maybe my daily wearing of the Core and Ace tees, too.)

P.S. I wear a large in some golf shirts and an XL in others. I ordered the XL as suggested for testing and it fits very snug across the chest/shoulders and then loose around the waist.

Last edited:
I purchased the Forme polo and it was not what I hoped for in fit or comfort. I ordered one size up as suggested but it was still too snug. While very well made, it is significantly heavier than I expected it to be. And not comfortable. Their customer service is very responsive and helpful. Unfortunately,I decided to return it.

I purchased the Forme polo and it was not what I hoped for in fit or comfort. I ordered one size up as suggested but it was still too snug. While very well made, it is significantly heavier than I expected it to be. And not comfortable. Their customer service is very responsive and helpful. Unfortunately,I decided to return it.
As noted in an earlier post, I wear a Large in some golf shirts and an XL in others, depending on make and cut. So, I ordered an XL for the THP testing. I think I could have taken an XXL but it just seems weird to order that size when a normal XXL would look like a tent on me (as do some XL shirts.)

The Forme Ace polo definitely feels more snug than a regular polo, due to its posture correcting band that helps pull the shoulders back. I've grown accustomed to that feel by wearing both the Core and Ace Tees almost daily, and now the Ace Polo. The Ace Tee is a bit more snug -- and thinner -- than the Core Tee. The Ace Polo is like an Ace Tee with a collar.

Last edited:
The Forme Ace Polo withstood another hot, humid 18 holes today while helping me maintain proper posture and mitigating any neck and shoulder aches. As noted before, the Ace Polo fits more snug than a normal golf shirt but its high quality performance material makes it comfortable as it wicks away sweat.

The technology in the golf polo provides support without impeding the swing or any normal movements. In fact, for me, it provides a gentle reminder, especially when putting, to keep the right shoulder back and not let it move prematurely toward the target line.

Near the end of our round today, I asked my playing partner if he had noticed "the band" inside and across the back of my shirt.

"Not until you just pointed it out to me," was the reply.

Another player in the clubhouse asked me if I had attended a Forme Tour event, since the word "Forme" is stitched in the normal logo spot on the front of the shirt. I explained to him why I was wearing the shirt and how it was meant to support posture and muscle recovery.

I wish the Ace Polo was a half-size larger and an inch longer so that it would stay tucked better. But, I suppose that's a small trade-off for the benefit it provides throughout four hours of golf.

The Forme Ace Polo withstood another hot, humid 18 holes today while helping me maintain proper posture and mitigating any neck and shoulder aches. As noted before, the Ace Polo fits more snug than a normal golf shirt but its high quality performance material makes it comfortable as it wicks away sweat.

The technology in the golf polo provides support without impeding the swing or any normal movements. In fact, for me, it provides a gentle reminder, especially when putting, to keep the right shoulder back and not let it move prematurely toward the target line.

Near the end of our round today, I asked my playing partner if he had noticed "the band" inside and across the back of my shirt.

"Not until you just pointed it out to me," was the reply.

Another player in the clubhouse asked me if I had attended a Forme Tour event, since the word "Forme" is stitched in the normal logo spot on the front of the shirt. I explained to him why I was wearing the shirt and how it was meant to support posture and muscle recovery.

I wish the Ace Polo was a half-size larger and an inch longer so that it would stay tucked better. But, I suppose that's a small trade-off for the benefit it provides throughout four hours of golf.
Good info. I have wondered about how noticeable it is and appreciate you asking.

This is where I am right now on this as well. I love the technology. Really love it. Enough to actually spend my own money on one of the shirts soon, I expect. But if it was just slightly longer, it would be *chef’s kiss*.

When in hand, it’s certainly a bit heavier than a normal shirt, but I don’t even notice that when it’s on. And if I had an elderly relative that hunched over a lot, this would 100% be their Christmas/Hanukkah present.

This is where I am right now on this as well. I love the technology. Really love it. Enough to actually spend my own money on one of the shirts soon, I expect. But if it was just slightly longer, it would be *chef’s kiss*.

When in hand, it’s certainly a bit heavier than a normal shirt, but I don’t even notice that when it’s on. And if I had an elderly relative that hunched over a lot, this would 100% be their Christmas/Hanukkah present.
Yes, no doubt it would be the perfect gift. Like you, I instantly felt the weight difference in hand, but that goes away once it's on.

I really love the technology, too, and have bought the Core and Ace Tees with my own money. I sleep in the Core Tee almost every night and I appreciate waking to fewer back and shoulder aches in the morning.

Good info. I have wondered about how noticeable it is and appreciate you asking.

And, to all, make no mistake, this is not a fashion shirt, it is a posture support shirt --- but it probably looks as fashionable as possible, considering the technology that's stored inside. I forgot to add the last comment from the player in the clubhouse that I mentioned above, "Well, it looks good on you!"

I felt $200 for this technology was a stretch. Suspect they will find ways to improve fit over time.

I felt $200 for this technology was a stretch. Suspect they will find ways to improve fit over time.
Perhaps the fit of their products will evolve in the U.S. to be American-cut instead of Euro-cut.

Perhaps the fit of their products will evolve in the U.S. to be American-cut instead of Euro-cut.
Do you think it’s more Euro currently? I have not tried the polo, but I hate hearing it’s a bit short as I’m one that plays tucked in.

Do you think it’s more Euro currently? I have not tried the polo, but I hate hearing it’s a bit short as I’m one that plays tucked in.
Having worn it about 5 times so far, I find it a bit difficult to answer your question. I think the “outer shirt” is closer to a standard cut than a euro cut. But I think the overall shirt with the inner liner fits more like a euro cut, and it definitely tends to ride up. I think this is because the inner liner attaches to the top of the bottom shirt hem, which causes it to pull up and kind of flop over, causing an overall shorter wear than the actual length of the shirt. Put another way, the shirt doesn’t always lay flat at the bottom.

I think whether it can be tucked it is dependent on how high you wear your shorts. I’m not saying they have to be Urkel high, but they would probably have to be higher then some would wear.

I’ll try to snap some pics next time I have it on.

• Appreciation
Reactions: JB
Yes, I do. It is short and very snug. I expect it to be snug (as are the Core and Ace tees that I wear) in order for the technology to do its job. If you have an Ace tee, the golf polo, imo, is an Ace tee with a collar.

The length, however, will be a dealbreaker for a lot of people in the golf polo. Our club requires tucked in. It's a hole by hole adjustment to keep mine tucked in. So, yes, that's annoying.

Here is an X-Large Ace Golf Polo on top of a Large FootJoy golf shirt (that's 3.5 inches shorter). I think going up two sizes to an XXL would have been better for me.
531AD074-5CFF-4510-A02D-815C1D42C8F0.jpeg

Last edited:
Back