Fujikura Ventus Shafts

I got fit into the Ventus Red 7X. Felt a lot tighter than I thought it would during my time with it. I have always had pretty good luck with the mid to higher launching shafts. Blueboards, AD TP, and such. Recently I have been playing the HZRDUS Green 60TX. I am liking the little more kick the Ventus Red gives. Aside from some off season play though, I don't have much more to offer other than it feels really robust. Not loose whatsoever.
Is that in your driver or fairway?

Is that in your driver or fairway?
Actually both. Both tipped an inch. I didn't get an opportunity to hit the fairway, so I think it was more of a it fit you in driver it should fit you in the fairway.

I'm hoping to have an opportunity to gather some data in ther coming weeks. It seemed to have a nice high ball flight with driver. Seemed to launch flatter in the 3 wood than the Evenflow Black I currently play.

Ventus snapped at the hands during testing this week. Not cool.

What driver are you putting it in? I hit the Ventus Black during my Club Champion driver fitting and really liked it, but I preferred the BB 6X. Overall, the Paderson Launch TP 65 beat them both for me. Just had a little better dispersion... not by much though. I still have a bb 6x chillin in the garage. Haven't decided if I'm going to swap the adapter and try it in the EF yet though.
I am going to it into my flash SZ triple diamond. I play the GD AD BB 7x now and wanted to try something new.

That’s concerning. This is one I’ve been following/pondering.

When I had my last fitting, I tried a ventus shaft and it was marginally better than my Evenflow Black 6.0s. I am going back to pick up my irons and I am going to give the drive shafts another round of fittings to see if there is anything significantly better. The Ventus gave me 3-5 yards added length and a little better dispersion. Didn't feel it was enough of a different to warrant the swap at the time.

Actually both. Both tipped an inch. I didn't get an opportunity to hit the fairway, so I think it was more of a it fit you in driver it should fit you in the fairway.

I'm hoping to have an opportunity to gather some data in ther coming weeks. It seemed to have a nice high ball flight with driver. Seemed to launch flatter in the 3 wood than the Evenflow Black I currently play.

nice. I love the ventus. I play the blue but would love try the other colors. Especially the black.

That’s frightening? Where did it snap? I hope you reached out to fujikura about it. I have been lucky to meet some of them and they are absolutely some of the best.

nice. I love the ventus. I play the blue but would love try the other colors. Especially the black.
I expected the blue to work well. I admittedly had a ton of nerves during the fitting process and didn't have my best stuff. But, I think the tipped red feels a lot tighter than I was expecting. I grew accustomed to the Smoke Green being so stout.

My Blue 6-S was delivered last night. Can't wait to put it into play this weekend. (y)

The black feels incredible. Shafts with a kick dont feel good nor work for me so I prefer more tighter/stiffer shafts.. The black does a great job being stiff yet extremely smooth. If I could find one for a decent price I would have bought it by now

Numbers wise it was right on my par with my la golf ozik black so there hasn't been a true reason to change other than it does feel smoother.

The black feels incredible. Shafts with a kick dont feel good nor work for me so I prefer more tighter/stiffer shafts.. The black does a great job being stiff yet extremely smooth. If I could find one for a decent price I would have bought it by now

Numbers wise it was right on my par with my la golf ozik black so there hasn't been a true reason to change other than it does feel smoother.

Can I have your LINQ?

Can I have your LINQ?

Haha. I have special plans for those. They're going in the new TM woods whenever they come out. I always have 2 sets of drivers / 3w's in case one starts misbehaving

I expected the blue to work well. I admittedly had a ton of nerves during the fitting process and didn't have my best stuff. But, I think the tipped red feels a lot tighter than I was expecting. I grew accustomed to the Smoke Green being so stout.

i have both the ventus blue 7x and hzrdus smoke green 60tx and while the green gives me good numbers, I love how the blue feels and still gives me good numbers.

i have both the ventus blue 7x and hzrdus smoke green 60tx and while the green gives me good numbers, I love how the blue feels and still gives me good numbers.
That's what the HZRDUS is missing. I am looking forward to gaining a little more feel back.

That's what the HZRDUS is missing. I am looking forward to gaining a little more feel back.
Both shafts are seeing tones of your play. Rickie, Patrick Reed, are two that recently put ventus shafts in play. Cameron camp, and one of my personal favs, Keith Mitchell are playing the green. There are tons more are well.

Just when I was scouring the web for details on this one. ??

Just when I was scouring the web for details on this one. ??
Don’t let it stop you. I am guessing this is more of a one off than a regular thing. That only happens with TPT shafts. Those are notorious for breakage.

Don’t let it stop you. I am guessing this is more of a one off than a regular thing. That only happens with TPT shafts. Those are notorious for breakage.
True. Still think I'm going to try to find a Ventus Black to try out in my EF SZ

Apparently, my Edwin Watts has never seen one of these. Fun. Hate to buy sight unseen. Might be able to hit up a PGA superstore in Dallas in January so we’ll see.

Apparently, my Edwin Watts has never seen one of these. Fun. Hate to buy sight unseen. Might be able to hit up a PGA superstore in Dallas in January so we’ll see.
What one are you looking to try? Red?

Edit: nevermind. See you're looking for a black.

Haha. Hot

What one are you looking to try? Red?

Edit: nevermind. See you're looking for a black.
Trying to get a feel for the tech but definitely prefer a bit heavier weight class. Not sure if blue or black is for me but I’m hoping to find out soon.

Last edited:
Back