Fujikura Ventus Shafts

Anybody find the Blue 6S at a good price? So far I've seen it anywhere from $300 - $400.

This shaft combined with the EF SubZero was so awesome.

Anybody find the Blue 6S at a good price? So far I've seen it anywhere from $300 - $400.

This shaft combined with the EF SubZero was so awesome.
Keep an eye on ebay. That's where I found mine for quite a bit lower than you are finding. The classifieds here had one listed recently aswell. :cool:(y)

I am loving the buzz about this one. Blue 6S is calling my name.

I finally had some time the other day to focus on hitting my new fairway wood. It was on a simulator that I do not trust for numbers. But, the Ventus Red feels so nice in the 3 wood. Would make a great fairway shaft for anyone who enjoys the Ventus in their driver.

I've got I think 5 or 6 rounds with the Ventus Blue 6S and I am not sure I am going to keep it on. Didn't see as noticeable a difference as I expected in getting this one on the driver I was fit for a couple months back. Seems I am more slice prone with the Ventus than I was with the Hzrdus smoke black. Switching back to Hzrdus for a few rounds to see how I do and then make decision what to do with it.

I've got I think 5 or 6 rounds with the Ventus Blue 6S and I am not sure I am going to keep it on. Didn't see as noticeable a difference as I expected in getting this one on the driver I was fit for a couple months back. Seems I am more slice prone with the Ventus than I was with the Hzrdus smoke black. Switching back to Hzrdus for a few rounds to see how I do and then make decision what to do with it.

I liked the Smoke better personally. Ventus lacks any and all feel at my transition to me.

I liked the Smoke better personally. Ventus lacks any and all feel at my transition to me.

That is interesting and opposite to everything I have experienced personally and with anyone that I have had try this shaft. One of the greatest things about this shaft in my opinion is the ability to feel and hold load in the shaft. When you say lacks feel, what do you mean? Feel is so subjective and individual. We can all have personal definitions for these things.

That is interesting and opposite to everything I have experienced personally and with anyone that I have had try this shaft. One of the greatest things about this shaft in my opinion is the ability to feel and hold load in the shaft. When you say lacks feel, what do you mean? Feel is so subjective and individual. We can all have personal definitions for these things.

That is super interesting, because side to side with about 6 other shafts in our recent tests, most said the same thing. Feel was described as boardy.
Ill give them credit though, they have spent to market it well, which is a first for the brand in a while, because their internal buzz words are every where. :D

That is super interesting, because side to side with about 6 other shafts in our recent tests, most said the same thing. Feel was described as boardy.
Ill give them credit though, they have spent to market it well, which is a first for the brand in a while, because their internal buzz words are every where. :D

haha. that is interesting. What are those buzz words? I have a blue ventus 7X and a hazrdus green 60TX. I find the ventus to have way more feel. Although I get a touch more ball speed out of the hulk. The ventus is extremely tip stiff so I wonder if that is where the boardy feel comes from. I like the feel of the ventus much more than say the Atmos. I would consider the atmos very boardy.

haha. that is interesting. What are those buzz words? I have a blue ventus 7X and a hazrdus green 60TX. I find the ventus to have way more feel. Although I get a touch more ball speed out of the hulk. The ventus is extremely tip stiff so I wonder if that is where the boardy feel comes from. I like the feel of the ventus much more than say the Atmos. I would consider the atmos very boardy.
In all fairness, the HZRDUS Green isn't exactly a shaft that is designed to be smooth. I think it is pretty good for it's profile. But, compared to that, most other designs are going to have more feel. But, I also have the Ventus Red. And, it doesn't feel like any other mid/high shaft I have ever held before. I would have written it off due to it being the higher of the 3 available. But, I think it feels more stout than a lot of other mid/mid shafts I have had (Kai'Li, Diamana Blue, BF, ADTP). It doesn't feel like a shaft that has a low kick point. Could be the very stiff tip.

In all fairness, the HZRDUS Green isn't exactly a shaft that is designed to be smooth. I think it is pretty good for it's profile. But, compared to that, most other designs are going to have more feel. But, I also have the Ventus Red. And, it doesn't feel like any other mid/high shaft I have ever held before. I would have written it off due to it being the higher of the 3 available. But, I think it feels more stout than a lot of other mid/mid shafts I have had (Kai'Li, Diamana Blue, BF, ADTP). It doesn't feel like a shaft that has a low kick point. Could be the very stiff tip.
I agree the ventus and green are completely different. The ventus is the extremely tip stiff, whereas the hulk is mid butt stiff. I am just saying that in my view they are kind of the extreme ends of the spectrum feel wise.

I really like the bend ratio for the Ventus blue. I don’t think I have a good aoa for the Black, but jeez, the Blue is phenomenal!

Between that and the F9, everything just goes straight and far (for me)!

But, I think it feels more stout than a lot of other mid/mid shafts I have had

Very similar feedback.
Its popular right now, they marketed it more than any shaft in their history in my opinion, so that makes sense, but I just haven't seen any iota of success compared to others.
Glad it works for some.

Very similar feedback.
Its popular right now, they marketed it more than any shaft in their history in my opinion, so that makes sense, but I just haven't seen any iota of success compared to others.
Glad it works for some.

Success compared to what? The Ventus line is being played and accepted pretty heavily on tour always the first barometer when gauging the success of a product. I think it is one of the top shaft as far as fitting goes in places such as club champion and other specialty fitters.. It gets great reviews by every independent reviewer on youtube I have seen.

Now the fitting part is double edged and could be fake news as some companies spiff and others do not. So pure fitting to what is best is not always the motivation of the fitter when there can be extra money made to sell one product over another.

Last edited:
Success compared to what? The Ventus line is being played and accepted pretty heavily on tour always the first barometer when gauging the success of a product. I think it is one of the top shaft as far as fitting goes in places such as club champion and other specialty fitters.. It gets great reviews by every independent reviewer on youtube I have seen.

Now the fitting part is double edged and could be fake news as some companies spiff and others do not. So pure fitting to what is best is not always the motivation of the fitter when there can be extra money made to sell one product over another.

I said I haven't seen any iota of success compared to everything I throw it up against. Me.
I didn't say the shaft wasn't capable.

And I wont get into the last part, and I know CC doesn't participate in that, but I know its going on heavily at a number of places.

I said I haven't seen any iota of success compared to everything I throw it up against. Me.

And I wont get into the last part, and I know CC doesn't participate in that, but I know its going on heavily at a number of places.

I understand now. That is why I asked for clarification. Thank you. I was simply stating that units sold as measure of success is not always a good test. I did not say CC played in any particular market. Just so we are on the same page. I kind of hate that it happens. I feel every honest fitter is or should brand agnostic and does what is best for the player.

Reactions: JB

Callaway adapter? I'm still looking if you decide to resell.

Callaway adapter? I'm still looking if you decide to resell.
It has TM adapter on it. Will let you know when I decide if going to sell. (y)

I've heard interesting things about this shaft and seems like an cool innovative approach. Planning to get driver fit this winter, hoping they've got one of these to try out!

@JB you have never really got along with Fuji shafts have you? I seem to remember you also did not like the Atmos line, do you think it is just the profile does not mesh with your swing?

Have you ever tried the MCI line of iron shafts? I am really starting to not like the MCI black, but it was a shot in the dark try for me and I liked the idea of progressive weighted shafts but the ones I have are just too much for me. Maybe in a stiff or regular flex they would be better but the 100x even SSx2 are just really boardy.

@JB you have never really got along with Fuji shafts have you? I seem to remember you also did not like the Atmos line, do you think it is just the profile does not mesh with your swing?

Have you ever tried the MCI line of iron shafts? I am really starting to not like the MCI black, but it was a shot in the dark try for me and I liked the idea of progressive weighted shafts but the ones I have are just too much for me. Maybe in a stiff or regular flex they would be better but the 100x even SSx2 are just really boardy.

I like Fuji shafts quite a bit. I didn't like Ventus (didn't hate it), but did not like Atmos at all.
Do like Speeder and do Like Pro in irons.

I like Fuji shafts quite a bit. I didn't like Ventus (didn't hate it), but did not like Atmos at all.
Do like Speeder and do Like Pro in irons.

I am not a fan of the atmos at all.

Back