Georgia-Carolina THP Gathering 2022

What location does everyone prefer for the GA-Carolina THP gathering?

• Greenville, SC

Votes: 8 28.6%
  • Columbia, SC

Votes: 4 14.3%
  • Myrtle Beach, SC

Votes: 7 25.0%
  • Hilton Head-Bluffton, SC

Votes: 9 32.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
OK I just spoke with our ops manager and here’s the scoop.
  • 12- and 13-Mar are available. Members have two weeks prior to book tee times so we would need to lock in early. I proposed lock in date of 18-Feb and they were good with that. I would need to know how many by that date, confirmed, for both days
    • Rates: $52 + tax with cart or $72 + tax with a FinnCycle. Includes range. I proposed an 11am tee time and that was fine.
    • Sunday may be a 10am Shotgun start, depending on weather.
  • Cottage(s) must be booked in groups of 4 or 8, except that individuals can book if available within two weeks of the stay.
    • 4 people, 4 separate en suite rooms, $400 per night + tax, + $100 cleaning fee.
    • 8 people, 4 rooms w two beds each, $600 per night + tax, + $120 cleaning fee.
    • I would need a commit by 18-Feb on staying Friday 11-Mar and/or Saturday 12-Mar to help arrange cottage accommodations
  • I need to speak with the head chef regarding potential breakfast options Saturday / Sunday.
  • Club has a limited menu for on-course food and beverage delivery for lunches.
  • Friday and/or Saturday night we can arrange group reservations for dinner at the club, individual ordering off the menu.
I really want to make this happen and I may have someone that can take T0AD's place if the others are okay with a non THP'er joining us.

I am going to ask a really dumb question, because I am know that I will be asked by my friend. The $100.00 cleaning fee is flat and would be split amount the residents of the cottage and not a $100.00 cleaning fee per person, correct?

Ummm so I just had an incident. One that sent me to Ortho, where they diagnosed a torn Rotator. MRI forthcoming to see how bad. I would say I'm now maybe at best. Which sucks!!!😔

I hate to hear that! I hope it's nothing serious! I'll change your info to tentative and if you see that you will be able to join us, just let me know.

I really want to make this happen and I may have someone that can take T0AD's place if the others are okay with a non THP'er joining us.

I am going to ask a really dumb question, because I am know that I will be asked by my friend. The $100.00 cleaning fee is flat and would be split amount the residents of the cottage and not a $100.00 cleaning fee per person, correct?

I'll let @MGoBlue respond to the cleaning fee question, since he may already know the answer or can get it more quickly.

We already have some non-THP members confirmed, so that wouldn't be a problem. Heck, after meeting some of the good folks here, he might become a member! Or maybe he will run the other way? Who knows? :LOL:

I believe the cleaning fee is per cottage, not per person or room. I've sent a message to our ops manager for verification.

Ummm so I just had an incident. One that sent me to Ortho, where they diagnosed a torn Rotator. MRI forthcoming to see how bad. I would say I'm now maybe at best. Which sucks!!!😔
Well, hell.... hope you're going to be OK! And if you don't get to make this event, I'm have confidence it won't be the last.

Great! Got you added to the list in the OP. Now we just have a couple of questions for you. lol

Will you be playing Saturday and Sunday or Saturday only?
Do you plan to stay in the cottages?
Do you want a Finn Cycle or just stick with a regular cart?
I will plan on playing both days. As much as this is probably a stupid move and I will miss out on all the fun I will not be staying at the cottages. And a normal cart is fine. I am also going to a guys weekend trip to Pinehurst in late March so I need to budget a bit. ;-)

Here's the update on the cleaning fee from the ops manager:

"The cleaning fee is determined by number of rooms and beds utilized. 1 bed in 1 room is $25, 2 beds in 1 room is $30. That would make the total cleaning fee for 4 people (4 beds) $100."

I believe cleaning fee is per rental, not per night, but I'm double checking just to be safe.

"The cleaning fee is determined by number of rooms and beds utilized. 1 bed in 1 room is $25, 2 beds in 1 room is $30. That would make the total cleaning fee for 4 people (4 beds) $100."

I believe cleaning fee is per rental, not per night, but I'm double checking just to be safe.

That makes sense. I would bet the fee is for the entire stay as well. Thanks for checking!

Confirmed, per rental, not per night.

Looks like my buddy is in for the big outing so I am back on the confirmed list as a plus 1.

I think it would be best if he has a room to himself. I have no problem sharing a room with somone if the numbers don't work out for me to have a solo room. He snores like a herd of wilderbeasts going throug a meat grinder. I swear I have never heard anything like it in my life.

Looks like my buddy is in for the big outing so I am back on the confirmed list as a plus 1.

I think it would be best if he has a room to himself. I have no problem sharing a room with somone if the numbers don't work out for me to have a solo room. He snores like a herd of wilderbeasts going throug a meat grinder. I swear I have never heard anything like it in my life.

I'll get that updated as soon as I stop laughing 🤣🤣

My wife who works in neurology/sleep medicine said he needs a sleep study :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

My wife who works in neurology/sleep medicine said he needs a sleep study :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
He needs more than a study, he needs an inspection, investigation and an exploration!! Something is wrong with that cat!!

Well, it won't be me!:ROFLMAO: There's someone in my house I'm very close to that snores loudly. I'm hoping to get away from it for the weekend.:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Hey @JohnSinVA @JonD ... any interest in a road trip?

This sounds awesome and I'd totally be down if I wasn't traveling to see family the following weekend. You should go though if you can! I've just got way too much time off work scheduled right now to make this.

This sounds awesome and I'd totally be down if I wasn't traveling to see family the following weekend. You should go though if you can! I've just got way too much time off work scheduled right now to make this.

I'd love to but I'm not too keen on a long drive by myself right now. Seems @JohnSinVA is MIA :ROFLMAO:

Just wanted to bump this back up. We still have some tentative folks and some that haven't checked back in. Maybe we will have a few more commits over the next couple of weeks before the cutoff date.

Deadline to let you know on cottage\golf still Feb 18? I'm still tentative but looking better.

Deadline to let you know on cottage\golf still Feb 18? I'm still tentative but looking better.

Yep, should still be Feb. 18th.

Hope you are able to join us!

Back