Golf Club Designers

What an incredible guy. Down to earth and a freaking genius

He was the one guy we didn't get to see at #TheGrandaddy that I was really hoping to.

He was the one guy we didn't get to see at #TheGrandaddy that I was really hoping to.

This year. Last year he was all over #TheGrandaddy...haha
He is such a nice guy. Funny as heck and brilliant.

This year. Last year he was all over #TheGrandaddy...haha
He is such a nice guy. Funny as heck and brilliant.

Guess I will just need to find my way in again :alien:

I have no idea who designed my Taylormade 300 Forged irons. I remember reading once that Nick Faldo had a lot of input, but something tells me he didn't design them.

~Rock

I have no idea who designed my Taylormade 300 Forged irons. I remember reading once that Nick Faldo had a lot of input, but something tells me he didn't design them.

~Rock

Check out the link in my earlier post.
I believe those are Hoeffy designed.

I'm a big fan of my 2013 X-Forged irons, so I'd have to say I'm a fan of Doc Hocknell's work.

I think Dick DeLaCruz. IIRC, he was the guy designing clubs that made Callaway & Cobra relevant. Also claims to have created the 1st milled putter.

I think whomever designed the ATV wedge needs some props.

As well as all the guys over at Cobra and Callaway over the last few years.

One of the craziest parts of this thread is how many THPers have access to these people when they go to THP Events.

One of the craziest parts of this thread is how many THPers have access to these people when they go to THP Events.

Poor T.O. I hope is ready for all the questions that will come his way in a couple months.

John Hoeflich.

And getting to meet him, blew my mind. Ask JB and GG, I actually froze and got extremely quiet, very un-me.

Such a good interview. Variety of topics and so much great info. "It is the cavity back that determines forgiveness and lack of offset that promotes workability"

THere is a written interview on the home page with him that is great too.
Any golf equipment fans would be smarter after listening to that one. One of the greatest club makers of all time. Tommy Armour 845s, Titleist DCI, TaylorMade RAC, 1st hybrid, etc etc.

THere is a written interview on the home page with him that is great too.
Any golf equipment fans would be smarter after listening to that one. One of the greatest club makers of all time. Tommy Armour 845s, Titleist DCI, TaylorMade RAC, 1st hybrid, etc etc.

I am now rethinking the weight of each of my clubs. Information overload.

It is interesting about Stites is you can see instantly now that he is gone that the clubs have taken on a Nate Radcliffe look, sound and feel to them. Nate previously with Cleveland Golf. Heck, the new Vapor Speed is so much like the Cleveland MTs in sound, feel and performance.

Would you say the new Vapor line of drivers fall into this category?

Not sure. I think there are definitely some Nate design elements to it.

Who came up with the exchangeable face on wedges? Awesome idea. Just didn't pan out for some reason.

This line is pretty much entirely Nates baby now, at least I got the feeling talking to him about it, really taken the cavity back notion and made it his.

Karstens Solheim, David Glodd, Chris Voshall, Bobby Grace are some of my favs

Jesse Ortiz with the Orlimar Trimetal was pretty awesome and his designs lately have been more for the average player.

As others have said, Hoeflich and the crew at Callaway now led by Doc Hock, they are cranking out great stuff release after release.

Back