Golf Pride Align Grips

One of us knows how to take a slap apparently...

HAHAHA! Dean was talking smack the night before, had to get him on the temple to calm him down.

Have you got to try these yet Wardy?

HAHAHA! Dean was talking smack the night before, had to get him on the temple to calm him down.

Have you got to try these yet Wardy?

Kinda sorta? I bought a club that had an Align on it already, but in Midsize. I took it out to the range and while I love the club and LOVED the reminder, I never got comfortable with the midsize grip. Really annoyed me cause I found myself fiddling trying to get comfortable with the larger grip size. If it had been a normal sized align, I would have been stupid happy.

Kinda sorta? I bought a club that had an Align on it already, but in Midsize. I took it out to the range and while I love the club and LOVED the reminder, I never got comfortable with the midsize grip. Really annoyed me cause I found myself fiddling trying to get comfortable with the larger grip size. If it had been a normal sized align, I would have been stupid happy.

Yeah, I had a hunch these would be right up your alley. Need to get your non-mid-sized on!

Yeah, I had a hunch these would be right up your alley. Need to get your non-mid-sized on!

Tell me about it. I have a feeling they'll sneak their way onto my clubs in 2018 hehe. Even in the dumb midsize, the second I put it in my hand it felt so easy to keep it in the fingers.

I just realized there are two threads for these. Here's a question they posted in the other:

Is anyone out there playing with these who has any feedback after having them for some time? I've been strongly considering them as most times when I'm off, my grip has gotten a bit weak.

I'm looking to see if anyone finds the ridge a useful aid or do your hands ever go "deaf" to it feel wise? Also, is anyone playing them in their woods and irons or strictly irons?

I’ve had these grips since just before they hit Stores, and I can tell you I attribute a lot my improvement this year to these grips. I started the year as a 12, and am down to an 8 HC.

I had never used a ribbed grip, so this was uncharted territory for me.

At first, I could def notice the rib, but it wasn’t distracting by any means. After a couple of range sessions I found myself looking for the rib as a sort of self policing reminder to check my grip.

I’ve encouraged a few folks to try them out, and they immediately switched sighting the rib and how they like the subtle grip reminder.

I play them on all my clubs, and haven’t noticed any issues opening up my wedge or hybrid or driver to fade it (as needed)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tried them out and I found the reminder is easy to see and place in the right spot but not pronounced enough for me to feel it. I guess they could not due to rules make it raised more. So for some it will be a good sight reminder for taking their grip. I did not see it making me want to change for it though. Prefer the Cp2 pro and Mcc+4 grips.

Rickie Fowler has now put a full bag of Tour Velvet Align this week.

Rickie Fowler has now put a full bag of Tour Velvet Align this week.

Just saw/heard that. Pretty cool, and I'm thinking more and more the move to include Align in the velvets will pay dividends for GP.

I saw these in hand for the first time yesterday in the MCC Plus4 and really liked them. I like the idea of having that reminder every time the club is in my hand.

I love these grips, they’ve really helped with grip placement

I saw these in hand for the first time yesterday in the MCC Plus4 and really liked them. I like the idea of having that reminder every time the club is in my hand.

Should've said something. I could have put some in your hand in AZ.

Interesting, hopefully it works out for him

Looks like Rickie is using these this week in Vegas.

Im very interested in the MCC +4 with align. I have the CP2 pro's now. I just haven't found a set of these in midsized, I can put my mitts on before buying them. I hear it's kind of a love or hate relationship with these.

Im very interested in the MCC +4 with align. I have the CP2 pro's now. I just haven't found a set of these in midsized, I can put my mitts on before buying them. I hear it's kind of a love or hate relationship with these.
Find a Dicks Sporting goods. They have them in stock and have display grips. I find the midsize MCC +4s to be a little smaller than the usual midsize. The align makes a good grip even better.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

For me I liked the idea of these so I put them on one of my clubs. Once I had it on there I did not like it anymore. I guess I move my hands around a lot for different shots because these forced my grip into one position and on a lot of shots with lies above or below my feet, hitting chips, etc it felt like my hand was in the wrong spot.

Find a Dicks Sporting goods. They have them in stock and have display grips. I find the midsize MCC +4s to be a little smaller than the usual midsize. The align makes a good grip even better.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Thanks! I didn't think about using DSG as a place to see samples installed on a shaft.

Do you go all the way through the wedges?

I have them on everything except 54-58. I think I could put them on those, however. The reminder isn’t so pronounced that it is distracting.

I have them on everything except 54-58. I think I could put them on those, however. The reminder isn’t so pronounced that it is distracting.

Had them on my V6s but I was gun shy about going into the wedges. I might change that soon.

Had them on my V6s but I was gun shy about going into the wedges. I might change that soon.

Same, I really enjoy the subtle reminder when I need it. I recently installed align on my driver and it has been a massive help for me.

These don’t bother me on wedges. Yeah, you notice it when you open and shut the face, but I also want to keep it consistent in my hands the same way.

I also hit a lot of full swing wedge shots, so I’ll take the pros over the annoying con every once in a while

Do you go all the way through the wedges?

I can’t stand them on wedges, I open and close the face way too much there for different shots. Easy fix though to just go non align but the same grip model in the wedges.

I think I'll give them a try on the wedges. I'm guessing I will dislike them but I won't know until I try.

Back