Installed them on my 5-PW set today. Waiting for the solution to dry. Will see how I like them today or tomorrow.
Be great to hear your comparison of CP2 and these...

Hit these again today. When I first installed them, I definitely felt a little give in the grip when taking my grip on the club. Since they have had a few days to cure, they have firmed up some. By no means a firm grip. But for those who like the texture of a New decade multi-compound but hate how hard they are these would be for you.

I like a soft and tacky grip. I currently use Larkin sonar on driver, 3w and hybrid (and formerly on my wedges) and have GP Tour Velvet plus 4 on my irons.

I really like the CPX. I love the texture and tackiness

Ready to go
67342319-9126-482F-A333-12629308E373.jpeg1BE280B6-6CE0-4BCB-B535-023833D7CE13.jpeg

After installation I was worried. But today I washed them with soap and water and a nylon brush and the tack came alive.

Saw these at the golf store last week.

Touched them briefly, then got asked to leave for trying to set the building on fire :ROFLMAO:
Now THAT is funny.

I think there will be plenty of people who dig these. They are definitely different, and offer a lot of tactile feedback in certain areas.

Looking forward to your feedback @erock9174 - I love a grip material that comes alive after a little wipe down and dry.

I think there will be plenty of people who dig these. They are definitely different, and offer a lot of tactile feedback in certain areas.

Looking forward to your feedback @erock9174 - I love a grip material that comes alive after a little wipe down and dry.
Reminded me a Iomics in that regard. After a scrub Iomics want to stick to your hands. These are like that.

Reminded me a Iomics in that regard. After a scrub Iomics want to stick to your hands. These are like that.
That’s high praise. No one doesn’t tacky like Iomic

That’s high praise. No one doesn’t tacky like Iomic
I am curious how these will hold up. I find the CP2 pros to have great wear And longevity. With these feeling a little softer I hope they don’t wear like a Winn. I’ve had winn’s where I could see the metal cord in them under the rubber in 1 range sesh.

I am curious how these will hold up. I find the CP2 pros to have great wear And longevity. With these feeling a little softer I hope they don’t wear like a Winn. I’ve had winn’s where I could see the metal cord in them under the rubber in 1 range sesh.
Anything is better than Winn wear! 🤣

Mark Crossfield just posted a YouTube video on these. He switched out some pretty worn grips and was shocked with a 10 yard gain for his driver.

These are just not for me.
Too slippy for me, but for those Winn users, they might be worth a go.

Mark Crossfield just posted a YouTube video on these. He switched out some pretty worn grips and was shocked with a 10 yard gain for his driver.
That’s sounds like the most Crossfield thing ever. 🤣

Purchased these to test out on the irons as I’m really intrigued in these as well as the wide range of opinions on them. Few quick thoughts are they are really a soft rubber compound. I grabbed a few different styles laying around to compare but nothing does quite do this grip justice. I see these as definitely having more durability than Winn grips as that is relatively easy to achieve mainly due to the material. Cosmetically these look weird near the grips mouth as they don’t have a defining rib that is typically seen in grips. The butt cap is a decent size that will easily accept the shot tracking sensors that are becoming much more popular. The neatest part so far is easily the texture that is used to create traction and I can’t wait to test these.1174A30E-CC14-470E-B5C6-3FE68DFF098E.jpeg
44EE724F-61F9-4C5D-8041-505E8878E9AB.jpeg
26FF8D39-3A84-4473-9CBE-F8F30034BD57.jpeg

Actually surprised it wasn't more. He took an old 10 yr driver that had an ultra slick grip on it. I used to play with a guy who's grips were slicker than an ice rink. I have no idea how the club didn't go flying each swing. Not saying the CPx was the reason for Crossy's gains, any new grip likely would have showed the same gains.

Actually surprised it wasn't more. He took an old 10 yr driver that had an ultra slick grip on it. I used to play with a guy who's grips were slicker than an ice rink. I have no idea how the club didn't go flying each swing. Not saying the CPx was the reason for Crossy's gains, any new grip likely would have showed the same gains.
My next test will be what gains I can make from a driver with NO grip at all, to putting a grip on. 😉🤣😝

My next test will be what gains I can make from a driver with NO grip at all, to putting a grip on. 😉🤣😝
no grip will be ultra heavy Swing weight wise ;)

I got impatient. Also put them on my Smart Sole G and C and Driver today :)

Early update:

I installed a grip on a iron and let dry then proceeded to clean off with Dawn and warm water to test the grip out.

The grip has great traction in a friction way, for those that have used PURE DTX that would be the closest comparison in terms of what that feels like in the hands. Wouldn’t call it tacky since my normal grips are leather just to provide a point where I’m coming from. The traction is however quite impressive for how soft the compound is that the grips are made from. The torque in the grip isn’t as noticeable as the CP2 versions are but has less material in them but is slightly noticeable on the transition and when you unhinge in the swing. Dampening comfort wise these are really nice in what they do and could be swung all day and help reduce the amount of pain in the hands vs a Tour Velvet or the like quite considerably. Now for what is a bit of a nuisance for me is that I typically have a strong grip when I hold onto the club and the transition between the texture is right where my thumb aligns and it doesn’t comfortably fit on the grip in that manner that leaves me adjusting my upper hand more than I’m typically comfortable with.

Speaking of next test... I'm in search of an old driver to destroy and a pack of bubble gum. :sneaky:

I got impatient. Also put them on my Smart Sole G and C and Driver today :)

Let us know how it goes with smart sole. I put them on my irons and I like it. I always use CP2 Wrap since I choke down alot. It’s CPx is very tapered. Maybe midsize would be better on my wedges. I love the color and feel of CPx.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'd love to give these a try. My MCCs are quite hard and I have no idea if that's good or bad - just went with them.
The torque argument is something that is interesting for a squishy grip so I would like to see how it all responds to the 'grip it & rip it' mentality.

Back