Golf Pride TOUR SNSR with new Contour Pro oversized putter grip

Anybody have any feedback on how it plays?

Anybody have any feedback on how the grip plays or compares to the red one?

I'll be getting one out today.

As I reviewed the other two models for the homepage and played the contour (red one) pretty much all last season, I'll have some thoughts.

So, I've tinkered with this a bit now.

I like the shape, I just don't know if I like it more than the Contour.

I will say, it is a super traditional overall shape here which I think many are going to like, I prefer the deeper top portion that the Contour has, but the Pro has that traditional bend that so many are accustomed to. The real thing here though, and the smart thing, is that its taking the BEST material design in putter grips out there IMO and applying it to a shape that really rounds out the lineup.

I'm not posting any pics, because the pics in here earlier show ALL of the angles that one would need to see, and show them well. Going to rock this one for a while on the Vice Handsome One and see how my feelings change/adapt/evolve. So far, so good.

I've only put the SNSR Contour Pro grip on a couple days ago, but had a couple hours on the practice green last night and have rolled some indoors. Here are some initial thoughts:

I like the grip, especially the traditional shape on the top side. This shape has always felt good to me and seems to lock my left thumb into place comfortably. While, I prefer the feel of the 104cc oversized version overall, the butt end is one area I wish was just a little skinnier. This is where I mainly support the weight of the putter (in this pocket under my left thumb) and with a normal swing my left hand grip is slightly strong, so I'd prefer it if the grip lost a little meat there and allowed the shaft to sit a little deeper in this pocket as you got closer to your wrist and the end cap. Even with my thumbs aligned neutral down the grip I'd like the weight supported a little strong. Not a deal breaker or big issue for me here, but might be a concern with the 140cc version and how I hold the putter.

I like rubber grips and really like this rubber so far. Feels great. Rubber degrades, so there is that... I don't have any concerns and have been a golf pride fan, but time and use will tell. The rubber is heavy, but it fits my 363g putter head well.

The looks are meh. I'm boring. My favorite look is leather or plain black rubber. I'm not really the best endorser or advertiser of products lol, but it is what it is and I do not mind it. Oddly enough, I kinda like the neon cap on these versions.

mancrest made a reply in the Flatstick -> Aftermarket Putter Grips thread that made me want jump back in here:

One thing I failed to mention is that with the SNSR Countour Pro I feel that there is more rubber on the top (thumb) side of the grip than I'm used too. I did not notice this as much on the red/black Contour SNSR, but I like it.

mancrest wrote that he went from SNSR grip to Pure grip and now is planning to move on to the Midsize from Forward Golf Grips. https://forwardgolfgrips.com/product/forward-putter-grip-midsize/ While the top tapers back a little more on this golf pride version, I picked up on this feeling Forward Grips is trying to pitch with their product. Am I just crazy? (don't answer, I/we know) I was just curious on what others who are trying this grip thought.

It has only been a week, but I still like the SNSR Contour Pro Grip. It has lost some of that new grip tack but does not seem like anything a light ajax scrub won't return and is not needed atm.

Putting with a smile over here.

Last edited:
So, I've tinkered with this a bit now.

I like the shape, I just don't know if I like it more than the Contour.

I will say, it is a super traditional overall shape here which I think many are going to like, I prefer the deeper top portion that the Contour has, but the Pro has that traditional bend that so many are accustomed to. The real thing here though, and the smart thing, is that its taking the BEST material design in putter grips out there IMO and applying it to a shape that really rounds out the lineup.

I'm not posting any pics, because the pics in here earlier show ALL of the angles that one would need to see, and show them well. Going to rock this one for a while on the Vice Handsome One and see how my feelings change/adapt/evolve. So far, so good.

Hey man...curious if you have any other thoughts after playing this weekend. How did you get along with this grip?

Hey man...curious if you have any other thoughts after playing this weekend. How did you get along with this grip?

Sorry for the delay good sir, been chaos since getting home with 3 HS tourneys and sick kids mixed in.

I’ll have some deeper thoughts this evening, as in a fun twist, I’ll actually be doing the homepage review on these. Pretty pumped to get to try the 140cc too, because in hand, man that shape at that size is surprisingly nice.

i'll be changing to the contour pro soon and hopefully have feedback in a week. just need to find someone local to switch on the grip on my strokelab.

Just put one of these on my T.P. Mills Skinny Nellie. Hope to get it out on the course tomorrow if the rain, or preferably lack there of, cooperates.

Just put one of these on my T.P. Mills Skinny Nellie. Hope to get it out on the course tomorrow if the rain, or preferably lack there of, cooperates.
Interested about what you're going to think about this grip.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Interested about what you're going to think about this grip.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
I have always used pistol grips of the smaller, standard size variety. Have tried plenty of larger ones but they never stuck. Will see how this one fares. I tried the original Tour SNSR Contour and thought it was ok but nothing special for me.

Sorry for the delay good sir, been chaos since getting home with 3 HS tourneys and sick kids mixed in.

I’ll have some deeper thoughts this evening, as in a fun twist, I’ll actually be doing the homepage review on these. Pretty pumped to get to try the 140cc too, because in hand, man that shape at that size is surprisingly nice.

That sounds good, since the 140 would probably be my choice. Really like the 140 in last year’s contour SNSR.

i'll be changing to the contour pro soon and hopefully have feedback in a week. just need to find someone local to switch on the grip on my strokelab.

104 or 140cc? If 104, which is 90g, i'm just wondering if you're taking the weight out when you remove the stock grip.

104 or 140cc? If 104, which is 90g, i'm just wondering if you're taking the weight out when you remove the stock grip.

@Alez367 I’m wondering the same thing.... I’ve got one I want to try, but I don’t want to mess with the weighting in my SL putter.

@Alez367 I’m wondering the same thing.... I’ve got one I want to try, but I don’t want to mess with the weighting in my SL putter.

Haven’t quite figured out the weight situation yet. I’ve exchanged emails with people whose golf club building exceeds mine about their recommendation. Haven’t heard back from them yet

I’m enjoying the heck out of the shape of these. It’s the blend of the classic pistol shape with the materials of the SNSR that I’ve loved for so long.

I’m a prayer grip putter, so the shape of the paddle in the top hand is a big thing on grips for me comfort wise. The little bow this one has fits in my left hand perfectly, and honestly messing with the 140 just in hand so far it might be better which I didn’t anticipate given my experience reviewing all sizes of the original SNSR grips.

Going to get photos tonight I hope, ideally some side by sides with 104 v 140 as well as Contour vs this release.

Here’s my take on it

Specs - Before installing I shot some pictures of the grip comparing it to the other SNSR grips. In addition, I weighed them and they were all +/- 1g of specs.

Looks - First impression, I love the shape and aesthetics. My favorite color scheme is gray and citron so if I had to design a grip color combo this is about what I would come up with as my perfect look.

Shape – I really love the pistol type shape. I have smaller hands (Men’s cadet small) and this fits really in the hand well. Whenever I choose a grip I don’t want to “think” about the grip. If I do that is a distraction I do not need on the course. I just want it to feel natural. I played yesterday for the first time with it and it had that natural feeling. After the first hole I never thought about the grip again which is a good thing.

Feel – I did notice it feels soft. It’s been a while since I have gamed the other SNSR’s but I do not recall them as being as soft. Then again my memory might be off base here I was currently playing a Lamkin Sink and the Lamkin was definitely firmer feeling. I am not opposed to a softer grip so the feel is fine with me.

Results – I play to a 9.3 cap but I am not the best putter in the world. I do hit a lot of greens but usually leave myself with long lags. So my goal is to minimize 3 putts. I started off with 2 three putts but then settled in and putted fairly well with 18 putts total for 9 holes. Slightly above my average of 1.9 putts per hole. I did make a 40 footer on the final hole to save par so that was my highlight of the round.

I really like the grip and as long as they keep making this color scheme and shape I’m all in on it.

Here’s my take on it

Specs - Before installing I shot some pictures of the grip comparing it to the other SNSR grips. In addition, I weighed them and they were all +/- 1g of specs.

Looks - First impression, I love the shape and aesthetics. My favorite color scheme is gray and citron so if I had to design a grip color combo this is about what I would come up with as my perfect look.

Shape – I really love the pistol type shape. I have smaller hands (Men’s cadet small) and this fits really in the hand well. Whenever I choose a grip I don’t want to “think” about the grip. If I do that is a distraction I do not need on the course. I just want it to feel natural. I played yesterday for the first time with it and it had that natural feeling. After the first hole I never thought about the grip again which is a good thing.

Feel – I did notice it feels soft. It’s been a while since I have gamed the other SNSR’s but I do not recall them as being as soft. Then again my memory might be off base here I was currently playing a Lamkin Sink and the Lamkin was definitely firmer feeling. I am not opposed to a softer grip so the feel is fine with me.

Results – I play to a 9.3 cap but I am not the best putter in the world. I do hit a lot of greens but usually leave myself with long lags. So my goal is to minimize 3 putts. I started off with 2 three putts but then settled in and putted fairly well with 18 putts total for 9 holes. Slightly above my average of 1.9 putts per hole. I did make a 40 footer on the final hole to save par so that was my highlight of the round.

I really like the grip and as long as they keep making this color scheme and shape I’m all in on it.
Regarding feel and the softness, that was the first thing I noticed yesterday after installing one on a putter. Like you, it has been a while since I had one of the original Contours on a putter so don't really recall if that one was a soft.

They were/are the same feel/softness.

And testing has been delayed because I’m not sure if the 7 mini will stay or not.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hello there!

I've been working with these prior to getting the review nod, so I'm going to drop these pics here for now and I'll circle back with some more thoughts this evening!

DSC00264-XL.jpg

DSC00265-XL.jpg

DSC00265-XL.jpg

DSC00267-XL.jpg

Have used this grip for a couple of more rounds this week. I do like that the pistol shape on this model is a little less pronounced than it was on the orginal Tour SNSR Contour.

I tried 1 of the 140cc on the rack yesterday and they feel great. I've yet to try any of the SNSR grips on a putter. I have a Forward grip now and quite like it...

Putting a new black shaft into my SWAG Suave One because I prefer the look and am going to install the 140cc on that one to be able to really give rounded out feedback.

Loved the original Contour when it came out. It just fit my hand well (104CC) and the texture was great and soft.
Because it was 90 grams, I think I overthought the process and dropped it "thinking" it changed the weighting too much.

Thanks for the feed back, gentlemen. I will probably add the non-taper blue version to a putter a have a tendency to grip down on, and put the new version on my other standard length putter.

Anyone notice a difference in the feel due to adding a heavier weighted grip, in particular the 140 version?

Loved the original Contour when it came out. It just fit my hand well (104CC) and the texture was great and soft.
Because it was 90 grams, I think I overthought the process and dropped it "thinking" it changed the weighting too much.

Thanks for the feed back, gentlemen. I will probably add the non-taper blue version to a putter a have a tendency to grip down on, and put the new version on my other standard length putter.

Anyone notice a difference in the feel due to adding a heavier weighted grip, in particular the 140 version?

It’ll be hit and miss who notices and who doesn’t on that. For me, I can tell immediately in any other club when the SW drops too much, but with the putter it’s never bothered me as much for whatever reason.

Back