Golf Pride TOUR SNSR with new Contour Pro oversized putter grip

It’ll be hit and miss who notices and who doesn’t on that. For me, I can tell immediately in any other club when the SW drops too much, but with the putter it’s never bothered me as much for whatever reason.

I can see that. For me, I believe knowing it could change the SW was probably more mental than reality.

I can see that. For me, I believe knowing it could change the SW was probably more mental than reality.

I think that’s reality for most, to be honest.

Well, I say that but I can pick it out on a 45” driver so I guess I have no room to talk, haha.

The Pistol end's top reminds me of the popular Golfpride Pingman PP58 if it was scaled up, which I used before going to the SS GTR Tour.

The Pro's profile is very similar to the midsize PP58 that I put on an old Anser a couple years ago. I need a new grip for another putter; I may give this one a shot.

The Pro's profile is very similar to the midsize PP58 that I put on an old Anser a couple years ago. I need a new grip for another putter; I may give this one a shot.

Yup, it is. On the packaging it recognizes Karsten Manufacturing. From what I recall Golfpride makes all or most of Ping's grips. They for sure make the PP58 or pingman.
I'm betting Karsten holds the patent or is a related corp. It looks like what GP calls their traditional form, blown up with different rubber compound.

I can tell you the rubber is softer and will break apart, instead of peeling off cleanly if you remove the grip. I know, blasphemy! Just saying for a friend.

gwlCpv8.jpg

So, I raved about this a bit on my instagram....

I stand by that, for me, it’s the most complete putter grip and shape I’ve ever used.

The material has always been awesome, it’s got the same soft but firm around the edges build that the other SNSR models have, but the classic pistol shape here in these diameters just works so comfortably. It’s familiar, yet new at the same time, which is wild for the brain.

I also think I prefer the 140cc in this model, which is the opposite as with the standard Contour.

This thing feels real nice right off the cardboard backer. I need to get this on the putter soon.

Yup, it is. On the packaging it recognizes Karsten Manufacturing. From what I recall Golfpride makes all or most of Ping's grips. They for sure make the PP58 or pingman.

"TOUR SNSR is a trademark of Karsten Manufacturing Corporation."

1bac9274eb188fee626ba0da1a260272.jpg

a2358412e81dfb165c80108699c4996c.jpg

Going to be installed on my exo 7 mini. Weighs 75g so no need to worry about SL tech being affected.

Going to be installed on my exo 7 mini. Weighs 75g so no need to worry about SL tech being affected.

Nice! I think I'm kind of envious of that one.

Nice! I think I'm kind of envious of that one.

After 45 minutes last night on the putting green I decided to make the change and send it back to odyssey for sure to have it installed. Going to 34” from 35” which will help me with hand position on the grip which is just perfect for what I want from my exo. Been waiting a very long time for this grip and I’m not going to waste it.

After 45 minutes last night on the putting green I decided to make the change and send it back to odyssey for sure to have it installed. Going to 34” from 35” which will help me with hand position on the grip which is just perfect for what I want from my exo. Been waiting a very long time for this grip and I’m not going to waste it.

This is excellent news man! I hope you get along with that grip.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This is excellent news man! I hope you get along with that grip.

Me too. The 104cc contour is great but just a little too big for what I prefer and makes me comfortable on lag putts. The smaller profile is perfect and now I can go all 14 clubs with golf pride grips.

Me too. The 104cc contour is great but just a little too big for what I prefer and makes me comfortable on lag putts. The smaller profile is perfect and now I can go all 14 clubs with golf pride grips.

That’s what I have done with my grips. I am getting along nicely with my 104cc but I would be lying if I said I love a traditional feel of a smaller grip. Golf Pride needs to just make this grip in 3 sizes since they now have gone to 3 shapes. If they do I will buy one yesterday haha

This thread came up just in time. I'm in the process of regripping my putter and this one piqued my interest. Gonna go check it out tomorrow.

Sent from my SM-T820 using Tapatalk

Nice. I hope all the changes work out well for you, man.

I really want 1 of these on a SL but I'm concerned with throwing off the balance.

This is my dream... Hunt on.
I just emailed GP, but I don't think my task searching will be easy or fruitful.

Last edited:
This is my dream... Hunt on.
I just emailed GP, but I don't think my task searching will be easy or fruitful.

ebay is your friend. I reached out to a couple sellers that had access to tour issue stuff and thats how i landed mine.

super comfortable on my SWAG @ 33"

sometimes i have to look down and make sure that I'm actually gripping, it's that comfortable

Am I the only one that doesn’t like the color combo on these grips? I think the feel is great but I
Never pursued it bc of the color. Might have to give this another chance.

Back