Golf Specific Sunglasses: What are you wearing?

Usually some older sundogs that I've had forever, but I do have a nice set of Bolle golf specific glasses that I wear as well. Otherwise I'll wear either of my pairs of Oakley Holbrooks if I forget. Usually at least one in my truck.

I wear prescription glasses so I have a pair of Rayban New Wayfarer with polarized, progressive, anti-reflective high index lenses that I will wear when it is really bright and also a pair of Oliver Peoples frames with straight distance prescription, hi-index and transitions for when it's late in the day or the light is flat.

Epic skim job here, but is anyone playing prescription sun glasses? If so, did you buy them specifically for golf? Did you bring your current golf sunglasses to an Optician (?) and have the lenses replaced with your prescription? Or did you simply buy prescription sunglasses for everyday use and wear them for golf?

As somebody who is very new to wearing prescription glasses, not having my sunglasses on while golfing is an…adjustment.

Epic skim job here, but is anyone playing prescription sun glasses? If so, did you buy them specifically for golf? Did you bring your current golf sunglasses to an Optician (?) and have the lenses replaced with your prescription? Or did you simply buy prescription sunglasses for everyday use and wear them for golf?

As somebody who is very new to wearing prescription glasses, not having my sunglasses on while golfing is an…adjustment.

See ^^^^^^^^

My Rayban's are general purpose, the Oliver Peoples I have with transitions and just a distance script I bought mainly for golf. With the Rayban's, I just bought the New Wayfarer frame and had prescription lenses put in. In both cases, the AR coating are very useful.

Maui Jim's work great to help read greens!

Oakley Holbrook with g30 lens. Love them!

Oakley Holbrook with g30 lens. Love them!

How did you get Holbrooks with G30 lenses? Don't see that as one of the custom options.

They had them in a store here in Sweden, just grabbed them. =)

They had them in a store here in Sweden, just grabbed them. =)

Jealous. This would be the perfect addition to my other two pairs of Holbrooks. Off to comb the internet to find them... :D

EDIT: Found a pair for a reasonable price. Thanks!

Last edited:
Anyone given the Oakley prizm golf lenses a try? Much different or better than the original g30?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Anyone given the Oakley prizm golf lenses a try? Much different or better than the original g30?

I never owned the original G30 but I can’t play without my Prizms.

Picks up the ball so well in either bright sun or clouds . I love them.

Back