Golf Specific Sunglasses: What are you wearing?

Oakley M frames with G30 Golf lenses in Radar style. Love them for golf!

police brown tint, just my normal sunglasses

I use Oakley half jacket and the Radar lock polarized. I keep the Radar lock in the golf bag for use on course. The half jackets are my back ups now days.

Bolle V3
Best I have ever worn if I wear them on the course.

Bolle V3
Best I have ever worn if I wear them on the course.

Same here, fantastic on the course when I need them.

Oakley and g30

Oakley flak jacket XLJ with polarized black iridium lenses.

I was a sales rep for both Tifosi and Nike.The Tifosi glass is really awesome for the money. i know they can do prescriptions but do not remember the process. They are located near Athens Ga. Perhaps some of the nicest most professional folks i have ever worked with.Nike stuff was great but pricey. I loose them too quickly too spend too much.

I love my Costas. I'll be getting a pair of prescription sunglasses next year, though.

I'm a sunglasses, um collector(at least that's what I tell my wife), and my favorite golf sunglasses by far are Keanon. I normally use the Hard Core model with amber lenses. If you haven't tried them before I urge you to. Many of my friends have asked me what kind of sunglasses I was wearing and I would let them try them on, and the next time I saw them they had a pair too!

I wear Rudy Project - Horus model prescription sunglasses. While technically cycling glasses they are great for golf as well. Rudy Project does have a line of golf specific sunglasses also.

Mine are 6+ years old and have held up very well.

Nike Skylon Ace. Love the polarized lens

I have a few pairs of Nike SQ Sunglasses. they cover a ton of area and don't sweat like crazy during a round, which is extremely nice. Love them.

$_35.JPG

Oakley Holbrook w/ G30s for me.

I have tried the Radar, Fast and Flak Jackets, but I prefer a bigger pair of sunglasses cause I hate when I can look down, up or to the sides and see the sun. I want the lens/frame to cover my whole face.

Very timely thread for me as I need a new pair of shades before I head to the beach for the 4th, where I will also be playing a round.
I currently just wear a cheap Costco brand pair of imitation Maui Jim sport. I had a $200 pair of Maui Jim sports and scratched them...I've also worn Ray Bans, Maui Jim wire frames and lost or scratched them all. I am just too hard on sunglasses to drop the cash on a expensive pair I think.

I have seen the Tifosi and may just have to give them a try. I wish the Golf/Tennis lens was not the light brown color but more of the smoky gray. Is the standard smoke grey lens ok for golf? I don't think I'd change the lens out that much (too impatient!).

I have two pairs of Oakley Flak Jacket XLJ's....

being color blind, it makes lenses a difficult thing...I need something that REALLY makes green POP...So, for me, I cannot wear the Golf designed G-30 lens, it does nothing...tried the Fire Iridium on a recommendation from the Oakley Rep. and they are good but only good for bright bright days...

I have a pair of Smiths that are completely worn out, and they have a lens color in them (interchangeable) that is stunning for me...And knowing Smith will replace them (lifetime replacement) is not much value till I find out if their newer models dont have same lens tint...

Just found out our sporting goods store carries the Bolle V3 photo lenses and will be checking those out today...

constantly on search for a replacement lens that is half as good as an older pair of Ray Bans I had...they dont make that lens color anymore...I could actually tell the difference in reds and greens :)

Oakley Flak jackets XLJ w G30'lenses. Love these things

Proud Member of #TeamParadise

Very timely thread for me as I need a new pair of shades before I head to the beach for the 4th, where I will also be playing a round.
I currently just wear a cheap Costco brand pair of imitation Maui Jim sport. I had a $200 pair of Maui Jim sports and scratched them...I've also worn Ray Bans, Maui Jim wire frames and lost or scratched them all. I am just too hard on sunglasses to drop the cash on a expensive pair I think.

I have seen the Tifosi and may just have to give them a try. I wish the Golf/Tennis lens was not the light brown color but more of the smoky gray. Is the standard smoke grey lens ok for golf? I don't think I'd change the lens out that much (too impatient!).

I have had the same problem with breaking/scratching sunglasses. I guess I'm pretty hard on mine, even though I try not to be. I don't know about the smoke lenses, although I just ordered another pair that have them as one of the interchangeable lenses. For the price I found them for on amazon, even if they are just okay they'll be a good buy. But if they are anywhere as near as good as the pair I have now I think they should be a great buy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have both Tifosi and Oakley Half Jackets with g30 lenses. The Tifosis are a great value sunglasses. I got a pair with 3 sets of lenses for $35 or so on sale. The lenses were great for golf - came with brown gray and pink which worked for almost any condition.

I went to the Oakleys for fit only - I have a wide bridge of nose and the Tifossi sat up too high. But I'd encourage anyone to try them if you are price conscious.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I'm on Oakley guy 100%, so I'm using some Oakley flak jackets with G30 lens.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I have a few pairs of Nike SQ Sunglasses. they cover a ton of area and don't sweat like crazy during a round, which is extremely nice. Love them.

$_35.JPG
I want these so so so bad!!!!!

Oakley Flak Jacket XLJ prescription lenses in the G30 Iridium.

I just go to Target and get a $20 pair of Champion Ironman sunglasses. Recently, Ive been checking out the Sundogs that Golfsmith carries but Im not exactly convinced in the idea of, "golf" sunglasses. If Im going to upgrade and spend $50 on a pair of glasses, Id rathar go all-out and get a pair of Oakleys or something similar.

I use prescription Oakley Fuel Cell glasses they never come off when I'm golfing unless it's an early morning round. No problems are with putter or depth preception

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back