Golf Specific Sunglasses: What are you wearing?

Reaction score
I've owned (and lost/broken) countless pairs of sunglasses over the years and have always found them an invaluable accessory on sunny summertime golf days. From Oakley to Smith, Maui Jim, and many others in between; you name it, I've tried it. Just curious as to what everyone was using this summer to kill the glare and keep your eyes relaxed.

I recently bought a pair of Tifosi Seek FC in the tortoise frame and brown lense for a golfing trip to replace a pair of Oakley Fast Jackets that were broke during a slow pitch softball game... :angry: I have a back up pair of Flack Jackets but find myself unsatisfied with the amount of coverage they provide. I really enjoy the Tifosi's so far. Ive had them for about 3 weeks now and played with them in weather conditions that vary from hot and humid South Carolina heat to hotter and stickier Kansas crap. I think they are about as good a value sport sunglasses as you can find out there. I, for one, was surprised by the build quality and and clarity of the lenses. For the price, they've been great.

Any one else have experience with the Tifosi brand? What are your "Go To" sunglasses for golfing excursions?

Never worn Tifosi, but I've worn Oakleys before. I now wear my Bollés and love their golf lens.

I am wearing Tifosi Seeks as well, with the mirror blue lens and non polarized. Love how they fit under the bill of my hat and don't get in the way.

Had a pair of Flak Jackets for five years now. Not to long ago got a pair of Half Jackets with the G30's and loving them.

I wear Oakleys but I am looking to get a pair of fast jackets real soon

I have a pair of Flak Jacket XLJ's and just picked up the Oakley Valves, both with G30 lenses. I love both pairs and wear them all the time. I had a pair of Tifosi's a few years ago and liked them, but at some point I felt I couldn't get the lenses clean for whatever reason and moved on. I'd like to get a pair of Bolles as they get good praise, but have never seen them in any stores.

Since my eyesight requires correction, and I can't wear contacts on the course because they dry out way too fast, I use Oakley Flak Jackets with prescription emerald iridium lenses. I used G30 lenses for awhile, but the upside of using the golf-specific lens was washed out by how bright it is here over the long term, so I went back to my emerald iridium. I squint less with them and alleviate eye fatigue that I was feeling with the G30 lenses.

I have some Tifosi's, Bolle's, and Oakley Flak XLJs and I only wear the Oakleys. For whatever reason they just fit my weird melon nicest and the G30 lens is simply the best for golf IMO.

Oakley Flack Jackets with the Black Iridium XLJ for bright days and the G30 XLJ for overcast days. Lenses swap out really easy.

I like Bolle sunglasses with golf specific lenses. Their lenses are outstanding and I like their styling. Their Bolt style with Photo V3 lenses are great for golf, as are their Vigilante with Eagle Vision 2 lenses. A good source for them and every other brand is Sunglassgiant.com. Check them out.

For those of you who responded are these sunglasses prescription?

Can't help much with prescription sunglasses. I'll need them soon, so am interested. Ha.

Never worn Tifosi, but I've worn Oakleys before. I now wear my Bollés and love their golf lens.

I've pondered Bolle glasses for a long time. Just never found a pair that fit my face the way I liked. I wish they made the vortex with the golf lens.

Not prescription for me

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I am wearing Tifosi Seeks as well, with the mirror blue lens and non polarized. Love how they fit under the bill of my hat and don't get in the way.

I think they are great. Fit well under hats although not nearly as well under standard tour visors. Wish the lenses were interchangeable. Ordered some Podium XC interchangeable with the golf/tennis, extra contrast, and "smoke" lens that i should be getting in a day or two. Interested to see how they compare to my Oakley with the golf spec. lens.

I've pondered Bolle glasses for a long time. Just never found a pair that fit my face the way I liked. I wish they made the vortex with the golf lens.

Agreed on the Vortex style. If they had them in Photo V3 or EagleVision 2, I'd own a pair. Closest is probably the Bolt.

Not for me, but just browsing the Tifosi website i did notice you could get most of their models with a direct replacement RX lens. Nothing i needed but thought that was pretty cool.

Mine are. Military/LEO/gov't/veterans can use oakleysi.com to get access to Oakley's products at a drastically reduced rate. I think I paid about $200 for my prescription Flak Jackets.

Mai jim with the golf lense I love them so light you dont realize you are wearing them

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

No prescription for me thanks to lasik

Mai jim with the golf lense I love them so light you dont realize you are wearing them

I liked the pair of MJ's I had that my dad gave to me. Lightest pair of glasses ive ever worn. Gave them back because I hardly ever wore them.

Maui Jims for me ... love love them ... my daughter works at a glasses place and I get a hell of a discount ... I would never pay that much for sunglasses on my own ...

Bolle Ransom. I am a long time Oakley devotee and these Bolles destroy the Oakley lenses.

Mine are. Military/LEO/gov't/veterans can use oakleysi.com to get access to Oakley's products at a drastically reduced rate. I think I paid about $200 for my prescription Flak Jackets.

Thanks for the info, I'm military so may check that out.

Would love to get Lasik but my eye sight isn't bad enough.

I've been wearing the same pair of flak jackets for over 4 years now. Put the g30 lenses in a couple years ago and love them. However I can't say that I've worn half of the other brands mentioned here.

Back